Prospect Info: Springfield Falcons Discussion - Coyotes AHL affiliate

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
How has Downie looked? Will he be back up in the NHL at all?

Am I allowed to say lazy a**clown looking to just collect a paycheck and not earn his way back to the NHL? I'm honestly surprised he hasn't done something stupid to get suspended yet. My best guess is once his contract is up he's off to europe.

Anyways given what's been going with the Falcons do you guys who I was butting heads with at the beginning of the season understand where I was coming from now and why I didn't want anything to do with the Coyotes affiliation?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Anyways given what's been going with the Falcons do you guys who I was butting heads with at the beginning of the season understand where I was coming from now and why I didn't want anything to do with the Coyotes affiliation?

No one expected it to be this bad. It seems almost intentional.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003

I don't think I blamed anyone for wanting a parent team with a better record. And I certainly wouldn't after watching this fiasco. Just brutal. My apologies.

Too bad about Downie.

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
Having waived Cunningham today, can he be returned to Springfield and play out the year there if he clears? Or, are we stuck with him on the Yotes for the rest of the year?
He should be able to go back to Springfield, but he was technically recalled after 3pm.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The NHL team's needs should always outweigh those of the AHL affiliate. The tail does not wag the dog.

Having said that, what we've done in Springfield is outright shameful. Just embarrassing.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
I don't even think you can use the excuse of trying to develop talent for the parent club anymore with this team. They lost to a very bad Rochester team tonight 7-3. They scored the first goal and pretty much packed it in after the first. The lowlight of the night was giving up 4 goals in third, each one coming within less than two minutes of each other. The bird droppings managed to score their third on the power play with under two minutes to go in the game but it was too little too late.

http://theahl.com/mobile/game-summary.php?game_id=1015525&bblh=mSafari

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
This weekend was a brutal 3 in 3 for the Falcons.
7-3 loss to Rochester.
2-1 loss to Utica.
6-3 loss to Syracuse.

Someone want to explain to me why in Sunday's game the coach pulled the goalie with under two minutes left, down by two, and have a guy in the box serving a double minor for high sticking?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
He was Regier's boy and he's gone now, so there's nobody protecting Rolston.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I hope he gets Perlini and Garland on his wings next year and tears it up. Maybe gain a few lbs this summer too. Would love to see him on the big club soon.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Whats changed that Henrik Samuelsons scoring seems to have fallen off a cliff. He was point/game for the last 2 months of last season. This year he's more like point per month.

Is he playing that poorly? Will he ever be an NHL player?

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Whats changed that Henrik Samuelsons scoring seems to have fallen off a cliff. He was point/game for the last 2 months of last season. This year he's more like point per month.

Well there is the fact that he was injured for a good chunk of the season and has only played 28 games. Then again team play overall has been complete crap all season which is why he's a minus 15. Take for example like tonight when they held a 1-0 lead going into the third and lost 4-2 while being outshot nearly 2 to 1 for the game.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

Ankle injury. The fact that he's playing already is a minor medical miracle.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Our Springfield team blows and Henrik had 40pts last season which was great.

Obviously he's still hampered by the ankle injury and him playing is just another method I'm sure to help strengthen it back to normal.

More important is how he will come to camp this summer. He should be working to be our 4th line RW.

Although having him down on the farm another year wouldn't be the end of the world, but Maloney has got to do something and get some quality vets in there to help the kids knowing that Perlini, Garland, and several others will possibly be down there joining Dauphin, Sammy & Bunting.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Although having him down on the farm another year wouldn't be the end of the world, but Maloney has got to do something and get some quality vets in there to help the kids knowing that Perlini, Garland, and several others will possibly be down there joining Dauphin, Sammy & Bunting.

I'm hoping they release (or move) several of the RFAs from Springfield after this season (the prospect "busts") and seek out some struggling vets and AHLers-to re-invigorate the team. A coaching change would be nice as well. I understand the development side of it, but a new approach might be nice.

I doubt much will change, but as we continue through the rebuild, we're going to need a semi-strong farm team that does more than "develop" prospects

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
the funny thing about Springfield is that when the players are called up, what they "have" done in Springfield has pretty much 'zero' impact to how they do up here.

Gaudet's production in Springfield is atrocious, but he didn't look out of place up here, same with Dauphin.

The roster is just poorly assembled...but it also goes to show that Springfield is running the same system as we are, so you can take that for whatever it's worth.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
In the piece I read today, Maloney spoke about re-establishing a winning culture with the farm team. Wants players to grow in a winning atmosphere. Specifically mentioned the goaltending and how Springfield suffered this year because we had their goalie (Domingue) in the NHL and they were left with first year NA pros like Treutle.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
In the piece I read today, Maloney spoke about re-establishing a winning culture with the farm team. Wants players to grow in a winning atmosphere. Specifically mentioned the goaltending and how Springfield suffered this year because we had their goalie (Domingue) in the NHL and they were left with first year NA pros like Treutle.

Well, that's easily fixed. Release Troytle (he probably wants to head back to Germany--he looked pretty deflated after his start).

Sign one of the following:
Aaron Dell AHL-30 Games (12-12-5, 2.39 GAA, .922 Pct)
Jeremy Smith AHL 33 games (played for two teams, but currently 6-3-1, 2.18, .927 in Providence)​

OR

See if Hill is ready to play in Springfield.

We could try to move Langhamer (we probably wouldn't get much--but I guess we could send him to Rapid City if there are no takers), sign Dell, and get Hill up in the A. Hill and Dell in Springfield would definitely improve the goalie situation there; two Alberta boys (26 and 20). If Hill isn't ready, Dell can start. Dell could possibly be a serviceable injury call up.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
My sense wasn't that he wants to change the goalies, but moreso add some veteran stability like they had a few years ago, like Mike McKenna.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

Good, shame on maloney and the yotes for letting it get this bad in the first place, it's pathetic. It's one thing to prioritize development and another to torpedo your farm team.

Is hill even ahl eligible ebb, I thought we just drafted him last year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad