Rumor: Sportsnet's Chris Johnston Thornton and Leafs have mutual interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I agree.

But he hasn't signed any contract. But that's not even the issue, the issue is that people thinking the signing of a 41 year old forward is not work of genius is the issue. I think being sceptical of this potential move is a pretty reasonable response and pretending people being critical of the move is a "Leaf bias" is such a tired reaction.

But you are anti Leaf you have proven that multiple times.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Leafs are going with the baseball pitcher approach .

top 2 lines come out flying ala fastballs .

3rd line is a curveball because you don’t know who is on it .

4th line is change up with Thornton Spezza and simmonds

Reactions: exporta

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I'm pretty sure Toronto is cooking up a trade where two forwards are getting moved and none coming back. That's why guys like Vesey and Thornton if he signs makes sense. They are moving the middle level guys with money and filling them with cheap market alternatives at a time when that's smart.

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
Are you new to hockey? A future HOFer potentially signing with his hometown team to close out his career is beyond thread worthy lol

LOL Joe Thornton isnt from Toronto. He is from St Thomas which is 2 and a half hours west.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
What a horrible way to end your career. lol

LOL Joe Thornton isnt from Toronto. He is from St Thomas which is 2 and a half hours west.

I mean, most of the time when commentators and people on tv say a player is "coming home" etc they rarely ever are from the actual city. 9 times out of 10 they were from a tiny town outside the city. But of course they love to spin it otherwise. lol

Reactions: Fisticuffer

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
I fully expect nothing but a tire fire for the majority of Leaf related threads, but this one I'm finding especially comical. Yes Thornton is old. Yes Thornton is slow. Nobody disputes these things.

But IF Thornton is willing to sign for under 1M, there's not a single team in the entire league that wouldn't jump all over that. Not one. Seriously, people need to stop reaching for any reason they can find to bash the Leafs. We get it, you really don't like the Leafs, but it's a little much at times.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
"And after 22 years....Joseph Thronton! a dream has come true!"
Many years ago, I was listening to some Toronto hockey radio. Andy Frost was the host, i believe. There was a caller that speculated that the trouble with the Leafs could be solved by "trading for that guy Horton". Andy slowly responded.... "You mean Nathan Horton? he's the guy you think solves the Leafs problems?"... The caller responded, so sure that he was on to something, "Horton, that guy that plays with Choo choo". It took a few seconds for the hosts to realize this guy was talking about Joe Thornton.... They emphatically told him he's out to lunch, and the Leafs have no chance in trading for the guy that plays with Choochoo.

It took the Leafs a while, but they've finally realized that the guy that called that day, he was right.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Ontario is a massive province. That’s hometown. Also Leafs fans are not just from Toronto. Ontario and Canada is a huge area. Take a look at a map one day and you’ll realize this.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
people saying big joe is a playoff choker makes me sad everytime
This is always a dead giveaway for someone that knows f***all about hockey. It’s the same people that yell shoot on a power play and whooo when make some noise comes on the Jumbotron.

Thornton is a playoff warrior. The choker bit was bullshit started in Boston media when he played with broken sternum and that asshat DuPont got butthurt Joe dodged his inane questions after Game 7 loss.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I'm pretty sure Toronto is cooking up a trade where two forwards are getting moved and none coming back. That's why guys like Vesey and Thornton if he signs makes sense. They are moving the middle level guys with money and filling them with cheap market alternatives at a time when that's smart.
Kerfoot and Hyman are the only middle level guys left: everyone else is gone.

I don't think Hyman would be traded.

I'm also doubtful that Kerfoot would dealt, for want of takers at his full cap hit, and for want of centres to replace him on the Leafs.

The cupboard is a little bare below the top few shelves.

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
Many years ago, I was listening to some Toronto hockey radio. Andy Frost was the host, i believe. There was a caller that speculated that the trouble with the Leafs could be solved by "trading for that guy Horton". Andy slowly responded.... "You mean Nathan Horton? he's the guy you think solves the Leafs problems?"... The caller responded, so sure that he was on to something, "Horton, that guy that plays with Choo choo". It took a few seconds for the hosts to realize this guy was talking about Joe Thornton.... They emphatically told him he's out to lunch, and the Leafs have no chance in trading for the guy that plays with Choochoo.

It took the Leafs a while, but they've finally realized that the guy that called that day, he was right.

Hahaha I remember that like it was yesterday. Andy Frost was in shock.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Does Sportsnet mean the Leafs and Thornton have mutual interest in a third thing, like badminton or restoring classic cars? Otherwise this doesn't make much sense.

Reactions: Redwingsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad