Rumor: Sportsnet's Chris Johnston Thornton and Leafs have mutual interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Sarnia and Windsor are very much red wings country as far as I know.
Windsor for sure, but there are a few Leaf fans, but Sarnia, is pretty split if there are more wings fans it would be 52-48 something like that. Admittedly, I could be out of date. I lived there for a short time when I was younger.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Nah don't worry Leafs fans Thornton won't sign with TO.

It's your stupid media spewing nonsense for ratings and clickbait.

Remember, they also said Gallagher was as good as gone, and within 12 hours he got extended instead.

I wouldn't worry.

Then again it's Dubas so...

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I mean like, TSN is all over it now too. They got two articles how is the fit for Joey T on Toronto and all. I gots to be loving life right now sire :heart: This that real hard dirt. We in this for life now. They building it like during the great Pat Quinn era and days. We've got tucker domi corson roberts mogilny sundin neauwendyk, owen nolan, belak, mccabe kaberle eddie belfour Pat Quinn on the same freakin team mayne :clap: That's hard. And we went into the conference finals then. VETS are the one you gots to build on. Combine them with killer youngsters that got the speed and deadly scoring talent & power. Can't go wrong. And now we got simmonds and bogosian too for thuggin. Its just really bizarro seeing this builded like during the Quinn days like I already said. I love it.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Nah don't worry Leafs fans Thornton won't sign with TO.

It's your stupid media spewing nonsense for ratings and clickbait.

Remember, they also said Gallagher was as good as gone, and within 12 hours he got extended instead.

I wouldn't worry.

Then again it's Dubas so...

Actually, our stupid media gets the clicks from the stupid fans of other teams who obsess about us. It’s kinda funny.

Meanwhile, your stupid media gets no click because nobody gives a shit, in French or English.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I’d be down, as long as we can fit him under the cap. Would give us a lineup something like:

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Mikheyev - Tavares - Nylander
Kerfoot - Thornton - Simmonds
Robertson - Spezza - Barbanov

Yeah, the 3rd line is slow, but it’s got the potential to be decent. Better than Vesey/Kerfoot/Simmonds IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluenotes27

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
Ontario is a massive province. That’s hometown. Also Leafs fans are not just from Toronto. Ontario and Canada is a huge area. Take a look at a map one day and you’ll realize this.

I live near where he is from. An entire province actually is NOT hometown. Hometown means where you were born. If i was born in Thunder Bay my hometown is Thunder Bay Ontario, not Toronto. Take a look at a map sometime indeed.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
I wonder if Kyle Dubas has his Excel spreadsheet open, the one that has all his analytic stats, and it is on the 2010 page by accident?

He might be looking at the 2010 Excel spreadsheet page and getting all giddy to himself, thinking to himself "How is this Joe Thornton guy still available as a free agent? We can and we will make this happen".

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
This is always a dead giveaway for someone that knows f***all about hockey. It’s the same people that yell shoot on a power play and whooo when make some noise comes on the Jumbotron.

Thornton is a playoff warrior. The choker bit was bullshit started in Boston media when he played with broken sternum and that asshat DuPont got butthurt Joe dodged his inane questions after Game 7 loss.

Settle down there tough guy.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
LOL Joe Thornton isnt from Toronto. He is from St Thomas which is 2 and a half hours west.
St. Thomas is closer to Detroit than it is to Toronto.

A lot of people born and raised in southwestern Ontario grow up to be Red Wings fans, rather than Maple Leafs fans.

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
Nope. You clearly don’t grasp in what they mean with hometown. Like other posters have explained to you. Move on.

home·town
/ˈhōmˌtoun/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. the town of one's birth or early life or of one's present fixed residence.
Hes not from Toronto. Doesnt matter if there are f***in Leaf fans in this area. What does that have to do with anything? I get it. You want to own every single player that was born in Ontario....."hes coming home" lol....ok

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013

A lot of people born and raised in southwestern Ontario grow up to be Red Wings fans, rather than Maple Leafs fans.

For sure. Does Detroit media say people who sign there that are from Windsor on down the 401 corridor say "this guy is coming home"? Of course not because its a ridiculous thing to say

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010

For sure. Does Detroit media say people who sign there that are from Windsor on down the 401 corridor say "this guy is coming home"? Of course not because its a ridiculous thing to say

FYI Oilers and Leafs were Thornton's favourite team growing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad