OT: Spoiler Alert [Spoiler Alert ((Spoiler Alert))] (The Newly Annual Non-Pens Media Thread)

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I enjoyed the show for the first 3 seasons but then it seemed to just become a drama. Bad jokes and Sheldon is an awful character.

Fair enough. It's possible that I have not seen any episodes from the early seasons. I have no idea what I've seen... but I've seen enough to know. :laugh:

Reactions: Malkinstheman

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
It was generally not well-received but I've watched The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy at least two dozen times
Your post is an appropriate inclusion in a thread involving a discussion of GRRM vs HBO GoT. First time reading Douglas Adams impacted me in similar fashion to my first exposure to Hunter S. Thompson (admittedly I was a teenager, but still).

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
How on earth would they plausibly set it in the same time period as Season 3 when the whole damn cast has aged 10 years in real life and Powers Booth died? :laugh: CGI?

I think it's the smart way to go, honestly.
I will need a flowchart to remember who is alive/dead and what faction they represent. I LOVED those characters but don't remember a damn thing about the plot. Supposedly the movie is built around a get-together celebrating South Dakota becoming the 40th state. All I needed to hear is that Wu is back. I am in.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
4cNn.gif

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I just watched the finale of "The Big Bang Theory" on YT.

I'm gonna pull a Sheldon and say, "Why do sitcoms have to die when people start having babies and growing up?"

Why can't we have a "Truman Show" of sitcoms?

My next question is: What show even remotely replaces "Friends/ That 70's Show/ The Big Bang Theory?

What crap do we have to endure for a few years until they figure it out?

Curse them all!!!!

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I can't help but feel let down. I want to like what happened, but I don't. I don't want to be a party pooper.

It was either that or they went the mad Queen route. It is very PC, almost to the point that it is laughable. I do like Ayra's ending, off to do her own thing.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
It was either that or they went the mad Queen route. It is very PC, almost to the point that it is laughable. I do like Ayra's ending, off to do her own thing.

I'm ok with Sansa/Arya's sendoffs. I liked those. Jon back to the watch makes the whole true identity thing feel like a complete waste. I also envision Jon going up north and losing his mind because he stabbed the one he loved so she wouldn't kill everyone and his own brother sent him to exile. The night king is dead, the army of the dead is gone. Jon is just a wildling now basically, but he's actually the king and there's no way in hell Varys didn't get some letters out.

Maybe in a day or two I'll read some justifications that make sense and allow me to accept it, like the rest of this season for the most part. I really enjoyed a couple episodes this season, to be fair.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad