OT: Spoiler Alert [Spoiler Alert ((Spoiler Alert))] (The Newly Annual Non-Pens Media Thread)

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm ok with Sansa/Arya's sendoffs. Jon back to the watch makes the whole true identity thing feel like a complete waste. I also envision Jon going up north and losing his mind because he stabbed the one he loved so she wouldn't kill everyone and his own brother sent him to exile. The night king is dead, the army of the dead is gone. Jon is just a wildling now basically, but he's actually the king and there's no way in hell Varys didn't get some letters out.

Maybe in a day or two I'll read some justifications that make sense and allow me to accept it, like the rest of this season for the most part. I really enjoyed a couple episodes this season, to be fair.
There could have easily been a full episode in that fade out between Jon killing Dany and the whole counsel meeting scene.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
There could have easily been a full episode in that fade out between Jon killing Dany and the whole counsel meeting scene.

Yup! Twenty minutes of drama, five minutes of resolution, gods knows how much of tying up loose ends in a vaguely pleasant way.

Guess it was alright, but I'm feeling pretty salty about all the many people who get all snooty about the critics and don't want to admit it was awfully written. Nothing wrong with enjoying awfully written stuff but don't try and tell me a plate full of turd is delicious steak.

Apr 9, 2009
USA

Yeah... the dragon had more to say about Jon killing Dany than all of the other characters combined. The crowning moment (pardon the pun) of this show happened in like two minutes and most of that time was spent watching the dragon melt the throne. And the rest of the main characters kind of just didn't seem to give a ****.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Being a mad mofo, I went to the corner of Reddit where they've been predicting the episodes spot on perfectly for a while and read what was going to happen before hand.

And it was so anticlimatic that it didn't matter.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Being a mad mofo, I went to the corner of Reddit where they've been predicting the episodes spot on perfectly for a while and read what was going to happen before hand.

And it was so anticlimatic that it didn't matter.

I feel like there are four episodes left.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Spoiler
f436bf286d2c930e89fa684d8017b3f95dda852536fa0afe5d7ce30fa0b55def.jpg

Reactions: Ogrezilla

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I feel like that pretty closely matched my expected level of disappointment. Reminds me of when you had to write a report for school and then as soon as you met the length requirement you'd pump out a short, sloppy, disjointed conclusion and call it a day.

Just have to hope he finishes the books.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Im saddened by the show ending, despite the ending it really was a great show. I was really liking the episode until the coronation part but what can you do.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I feel like that pretty closely matched my expected level of disappointment. Reminds me of when you had to write a report for school and then as soon as you met the length requirement you'd pump out a short, sloppy, disjointed conclusion and call it a day.

Just have to hope he finishes the books.

He won't. Sorry my dude.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Saw Detective Pikachu. Give it 6.5/10. Didn't care for the lead actor and was mostly pretty predictable. Still, it's enjoyable.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I know this sounds hot takey, but Bran’s crowning/election was maybe the worst scene in the entire show IMO. The dialogue and execution was soooooo poor to me. [/spoilers]

I think my favourite part of that was the awesome dramatic music playing trying to give it great gravitas... when really its just a bunch of characters nobody much cares about making a decision after less than five minutes of thought, and the music hammers home the gap between what should be and what isn't

But yeah. It was the great culmination of everything and felt like nothing. And it reminded me how Bran's story was actually pretty underwhelming.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Tyrion finding Jamie and Cersei was a good moment, him crying and smashing the bricks. He hated Cersei and who could blame him yet he still cried.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I know this sounds hot takey, but Bran’s crowning/election was maybe the worst scene in the entire show IMO. The dialogue and execution was soooooo poor to me. [/spoilers]

It felt like that was done after everything was finished, it was so boring to watch too. They just skipped the reaction we'd see from the Dothraki and Unsullied.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I'm surprised I was never drawn to GoT.

Peter Dinklage should have had me at least check it out.

There are many reasons to still check it out, and Peter Dinklage is near or at the top of that list. Don't let the current negativity stop you from watching it. It's still the best TV show I've ever seen.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I'm ok with Sansa/Arya's sendoffs. I liked those. Jon back to the watch makes the whole true identity thing feel like a complete waste. I also envision Jon going up north and losing his mind because he stabbed the one he loved so she wouldn't kill everyone and his own brother sent him to exile. The night king is dead, the army of the dead is gone. Jon is just a wildling now basically, but he's actually the king and there's no way in hell Varys didn't get some letters out.

Maybe in a day or two I'll read some justifications that make sense and allow me to accept it, like the rest of this season for the most part. I really enjoyed a couple episodes this season, to be fair.

Jon isn't back at the Watch. There is no Watch. There's nobody to make Jon swear any vows or stay there (Sansa's not going to do it) and, since the Wildlings are now allowed free passage between the North and the "True North," there's nothing to guard against (with a broken Wall, that wouldn't work, anyway). Castle Black is manned only by Tormund and the Wildlings.

Jon's not walking the Wildlings out into the wilderness at the end in a show of solidarity between the Night's Watch and the Free Folk. He's following in Mance's footsteps as King Beyond the Wall, taking his favorite cloak with him and everything.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I mean, the Unsullied left. There's no reason for Jon to actually go back to the North. Would've worked better if it was a self-exile. Of course, there's no reason to believe the Unsullied and Dothraki would have taken him prisoner to begin with.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Jon isn't back at the Watch. There is no Watch. There's nobody to make Jon swear any vows or stay there (Sansa's not going to do it) and, since the Wildlings are now allowed free passage between the North and the "True North," there's nothing to guard against (with a broken Wall, that wouldn't work, anyway). Castle Black is manned only by Tormund and the Wildlings.

Jon's not walking the Wildlings out into the wilderness at the end in a show of solidarity between the Night's Watch and the Free Folk. He's following in Mance's footsteps as King Beyond the Wall, taking his favorite cloak with him and everything.

I know, I've said that in another post, but that post might have been on another team's board so you may not have seen my comment. I don't like it at all and it pretty much makes his bloodline a red herring, which is extremely frustrating. We got a happy ending.... which feels very forced and sudden, and it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad