OT: Spoiler Alert [Spoiler Alert ((Spoiler Alert))] (The Newly Annual Non-Pens Media Thread)

Apr 9, 2009
USA
S2 is worthy. S3 is where things kind of go off the rails. 3 has some connection to 1 but I will say no more.

I'm suddenly intrigued if there is connection to season 1.

When I finish reading LOTR for the first time I might have to give it another shot.

But, regarding LOTR.....

5920ad06cf9395d832d799a7a395b708f635b05df4428c5bcb7b03f692fe30f7.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ogrezilla

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
The Amazon Prime series is supposed to take place during the Second Age. That will be interesting. Wonder if there will be guest appearances by the few LOTR characters who were around (Galadriel, Elrond, maybe a few other elves)

Reactions: Ogrezilla

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
My man. Rome rules and is a great lesson in how to wrap up a show in a hurry when you get canceled for budget reasons.
(Like +10)
Yeahhhhhh. I shed a tear every time I think about a grade A show getting canned for budget and viewership. I think Mark Anthony was going to die at the end of season 5 and the show had planned on going to the point when they crucified the son of God.

I get even more upset when I realize they would have given us 3 more seasons of Antony running rampant and fighting with Augustus / Octavian. Not to mention Titus and Lucius for a few more seasons. f*** YOU HBO.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Crazy thing to me is that even GRRM said the show should be 12 seasons long. D&D just gave up. Their careers took off because of the show and they wanted to finish it as quick as possible.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Crazy thing to me is that even GRRM said the show should be 12 seasons long. D&D just gave up. Their careers took off because of the show and they wanted to finish it as quick as possible.

I think a lot of the actors are ready to move on. Some of the cast don't really give off great vibes when it comes up.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I think a lot of the actors are ready to move on. Some of the cast don't really give off great vibes when it comes up.

When what comes up? The prospect of whether there could have been more shows, or just talking about the ending in general?

I do think that independent of that, the writers had had enough. I think someone posted up an interview in which they more or less said as much. I wish they'd passed on the project to different writers if they'd wanted out.

Incidentally, if anyone wants a deep delve on how the series has changed, I quite like this article I just found on how its changed from sociological to psychological storytelling:

https://blogs.scientificamerican.co...he-last-season-of-game-of-thrones/?redirect=1

Apr 9, 2009
USA
When what comes up? The prospect of whether there could have been more shows, or just talking about the ending in general?

I was referring to the last season/ending with my vague statement about "it."

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

I do think that independent of that, the writers had had enough. I think someone posted up an interview in which they more or less said as much. I wish they'd passed on the project to different writers if they'd wanted out.

Incidentally, if anyone wants a deep delve on how the series has changed, I quite like this article I just found on how its changed from sociological to psychological storytelling:

The Real Reason Fans Hate the Last Season of Game of Thrones
I'm pretty sure when GRRM said he 'wanted 12 seasons of Game of Thrones' D&D said something along the lines of 'and we want to have lives'

They pretty surely bailed on the series.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Didn't see the follow up thread so here it goes i guess...

Weird one here to start it up but hey, there's films i can watch over & over again like the first Star Wars or the extended versions of LotR's trilogy, then there's ones that aren't that great but for some reasons i keep getting back to them like InterStellar.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
My son and I caught "MeatBalls" on Ruku last night.

Welcome to Camp Northern Pen.

For all you CIT's, @ColePens would like you all to look at the Pens site rules. They'll be in here, if you wanna check them out later...
meatballs_10.jpg

Next.... Your cabin assignments.

Here we are, 6 year old cabin.....All they know is how to whine and complain, plus wet their bed. @KIRK This ones yours... I don't care if you don't wanna....

That's my man. Good Luck.

Let's have a great summer!

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea

The Real Reason Fans Hate the Last Season of Game of Thrones
That in an interesting read. It gives me more of a handle on the shift and change once the writers were past GRRM's script. I think I am more charitable (or easily satisfied) than many here in that I've enjoyed the last season despite plot holes, things that don't make sense, and the general feeling of "we gotta' wrap this up". Reading the books reminded me of my father-in-law, a brilliant guy with a fear of completion who can never, ever finish what he eagerly started. GRRM was never going to tie the loose ends.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->