OT: Spoiler Alert [Spoiler Alert ((Spoiler Alert))] (The Newly Annual Non-Pens Media Thread)

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Wyatt Earp was pretty well known as an unreliable narrator, and Bats Masterson, who was Earp's friend and popularizer and responsible for spreading the exploits of both of them in newspaper articles was pretty much a professional liar. :laugh: Holiday existed, but as to how many duels he had or men he killed, it's all pretty much all guesswork, rumor, and hearsay.

One of the crazy things I found out a few years ago was that the amount of duels and showdowns between two gunfighters was pretty much nil. There's a few documented cases, but really, the whole idea of the Doc-Ringo standoff (for example) was just Hollywood fiction. And lots more people died via knife wounds in saloon fights than by getting shot.
you guys are killing me. Stop it. as a guy who grew up with Vajat Erp and Dok Holidej, religiously waiting for a weekly edition of their latest heroic confrontations (written by some dudes in yugoslavia that probably never been to USA), I forbid you to dig up some fake historic facts and ruin one kid's best childhood memories especially those about Doc.

Reactions: billybudd

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
you guys are killing me. Stop it. as a guy who grew up with Vajat Erp and Dok Holidej, religiously waiting for a weekly edition of their latest heroic confrontations (written by some dudes in yugoslavia that probably never been to USA), I forbid you to dig up some fake historic facts and ruin one kid's best childhood memories especially those about Doc.

Man, don't make me bring Gojko Mitić into this! :laugh:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
gojkogif.gif

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Benchmark should be in that realm.

It’s basically just Buffalo Trace juice without the name. Definitely should be used in a cocktail, but it’s a good budget option.

I’d always go Larcerny for a step up and it’s in the 40 dollar range so not a crazy step up.
Good info, thanks. I'm definitely a Buffalo Trace fan, so if Benchmark is close, I'll be stoked.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Did anyone see that Cats trailer. Im pretty sure im gonna have nightmares for a ****ing year. I dont get how garbage like that gets made. No one is going to go see it.

Heres the atrocity.

It's so annoying that the hype machine said things like, the trailer is scarier than the 'IT' movie or 'cats will give your nightmares nightmares.

In all actuality it's laugh out loud terrible.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
A good rule of thumb is to trust absolutely nothing that's supposedly based on a true story.

A prime example is The Revenant.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
He looks right in the face, but it's just not going to be the same without Snipes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad