Spittin Chiclets Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

stopclickbait

Aug 28, 2018
Jeremy Roenick and Ernie Els stories are the must hears. I really hope no one listens to the gamblers picks he is kind of on par with how bad bar stool is at gambling lol.

Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
I'm probably in the minority but i could go without the sex stories like at the end of today's show. I don't mind alluding to grown up activities but I'm really not interested in specific details of other men's sex lives.

Again, probably in the minority on this one.
It really depends for me, some are funny some aren't. If I'm not into something I just start skipping, or if it's at the end shut it off entirely. Not a big deal!

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Jeremy Roenick and Ernie Els stories are the must hears. I really hope no one listens to the gamblers picks he is kind of on par with how bad bar stool is at gambling lol.

I forgot about the Els story, that was an all timer. For a follow up, he did an interview with No Laying Up, which is a golf pod. He mentions that exact story, and it sounds like it wasn't exaggerated. The Chiclets version is definitely more entertaining, but to hear it from Erns mouth afterwards makes it that much crazier. He wasn't that shy about it.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I love the Podcast but I can’t take anymore Whitney golf stories. I’d listen to the golf channel more if I wanted to hear overly detailed recap of random golf courses no one has heard of outside of the local area. No need to spend 20 minutes describing your most recent golf round; they are almost never funny.

#NoOneCares

I think Biz could easily do the show without Whit whereas Whit needs Biz. Biz has done most of the recent interviews anyways. Whit won’t be relevant anymore when all of the guys he played with retire. Biz does a great job staying in the loop with current players.

The summer pods have been hurrrrting as of late.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
I think Biz could easily do the show without Whit whereas Whit needs Biz. Biz has done most of the recent interviews anyways. Whit won’t be relevant anymore when all of the guys he played with retire. Biz does a great job staying in the loop with current players.

Whitney literally did the show without Biz and it was great. Think they are both hilarious.

Ronald Ocean

Disregard username
Sep 12, 2008
I love the Podcast but I can’t take anymore Whitney golf stories. I’d listen to the golf channel more if I wanted to hear overly detailed recap of random golf courses no one has heard of outside of the local area. No need to spend 20 minutes describing your most recent golf round; they are almost never funny.

#NoOneCares

The day Whit isnt a part of chiclets is the day I stop listening. The golf stories are great. Only thing that has ever annoyed me is the biz is a sandbagger talk that lasted 3-4 weeks.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
The day Whit isnt a part of chiclets is the day I stop listening. The golf stories are great. Only thing that has ever annoyed me is the biz is a sandbagger talk that lasted 3-4 weeks.
Yea that and the kangaroo court stuff was awful.

But you like Whit’s golf stories that involve no other players? Do you really care that he started the day well on the driving range, and then sucked during an actual tournament? I actually liked Whit a lot and got tired of Biz when I first started following the show. Now it is the complete opposite.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I actually feel the exact opposite way. If Biz left I think the show would be fine but it wouldn't be the same without Whit. He's the straw that stirs the drink there. It's so awkward when it's just RA and Biz with Whit missing. Plus if you were to create a top 5 stories list he's told at least 3 of them which I can think of off the top of my head:

1. That fudge unreal bud?
2. Spray-on tan coming off in the shower
3. Keith Yandle's friend pretending to be Noel Acciari and texting Mackenzie Weegar

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I think it's just a good mix- I can definitely see how Biz's sex stuff or Whit's golf stories could be too much, but for me it's kinda like buddies- my friends have topics I wish they'd talk about less but whatever, I hang in there for ten minutes and sometimes I enjoy it more than other times. I think it's just part of what makes them work, they're not trying to be anything but authentic and that extra freedom both makes the show what it is and leads to shitty Cindy and round recaps.

Ps- I love how friggin pumped Whit is about Pink Whitneys. That's an example of somethin I'd normally hate, but he's just so friggin amped about the whole thing I end up laughing. The story and the product themselves wouldn't exist if they were more button downed and by-the-book, so good on 'em for making it work.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
He mentioned "Hockey's Future message boards" on one of the recent interviews (Crosby episode I think). He was talking about how back in the day prospect info wasn't as easy to come by and that you had to read HF messages boards.
Yep and the craziest part was Crosby said “yes exactly” in response to Whit saying you’d look things up on hockey’s future since message boards were the only way to follow prospects.

Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Biz and Whit are great

The other two guys are awful
Tbh
RA adds the fan side of it...and can keep the flow going. I don't mind him at all.

Grinelli (?) Is kinda useless....always talking about the same stuff.. .
"Tough time to be a b's fan boys...."
"Tough time bettn' this week boys..."
"Good time to be a b's fan boys..."
"Crushn' it bettn' this week boys.."

Ronald Ocean

Disregard username
Sep 12, 2008
Yea that and the kangaroo court stuff was awful.

But you like Whit’s golf stories that involve no other players? Do you really care that he started the day well on the driving range, and then sucked during an actual tournament? I actually liked Whit a lot and got tired of Biz when I first started following the show. Now it is the complete opposite.

Its the summer and I love golf so ya I dont mind it.. theres not much to talk about unless biz has some more kill stories. It's funny the way White describes things. Maybe if these RFAs were signing it would be a lot better.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Its the summer and I love golf so ya I dont mind it.. theres not much to talk about unless biz has some more kill stories. It's funny the way White describes things. Maybe if these RFAs were signing it would be a lot better.
Oh I agree it has to be hard to find NHL topics to discuss now, but they can do better than Whit’s never-ending golf tales. The stories are way too long and really aren’t funny at all. It is the classic “you had to be there” types of stories.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017

#NoOneCares

LOL they did like 125 episodes without Biz. Whit is ten times funnier than Biz

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Tbh
RA adds the fan side of it...and can keep the flow going. I don't mind him at all.

Grinelli (?) Is kinda useless....always talking about the same stuff.. .
"Tough time to be a b's fan boys...."
"Tough time bettn' this week boys..."
"Good time to be a b's fan boys..."
"Crushn' it bettn' this week boys.."
Grinnell produces the damn thing lol. He barely talks anyway so i dont mind it when he does.

Reactions: VP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad