Spittin Chiclets Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deegee

Oct 29, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I’ve heard some of the show, it’s pretty good and it’s one of the few places where players seem comfortable in interviews. But as long as it’s under the barstool umbrella, I’m good living without it.

Outside of liking the Podcast I know nothing about Barstool Sports. What's the hate for?

GSG1165

Sep 9, 2010
Ottawa
I've been listening since the summer. Love the pod! The best part is interviews with vets; so many funny stories, and it shows everyone's got a different path to the NHL.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I didn't think it was possible for me to dislike Avery anymore until I listened to that upside. I knew the guy was completely full of himself but he took it to a whole another level.

Yeah my thoughts also. I ended up listening to the whole cast, but what a meat head. Just pumping his tires as much as he could

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
I’ve heard some of the show, it’s pretty good and it’s one of the few places where players seem comfortable in interviews. But as long as it’s under the barstool umbrella, I’m good living without it.
What's the problem with Barstool? I've heard they have personalities that lean to the right politically but is there something more than that for people that don't care for them? Genuinely curious.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Love the podcast. One of the only places players get interviewed and give genuine replies rather than boring stock answers.

Brian McGrattan and Kieth Tkachuk were my favourites so far

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
McGrattan, Reaves, Roenick were all great. Bill Burr is funny as hell and was a pretty good one too. Avery had a few good stories you got to give him that.

Can't believe it took me so long to finally listen. For the older interviews I just fast forward to the actual interview since most of the talk in the first half hour is about current NHL events.

CCM19

Not Phased
Apr 2, 2015
Every time they've had someone on that I never cared for or didn't like for some reason, I always came away with an appreciation of their off ice personality or something else about them I found relatable. Until Sean Avery. Jesus that guy is just as big a jerk in real life as he was on the ice. Outstanding and interesting interview, even if it made me hate the guy even more.

If you follow Avery on Instagram he’s hilarious. He hasn’t changed one bit.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
I've listened for so long now I often question when I'm driving what I listened too so much before I discovered it. Best pod out there and its genuine and real. Cam Janssen is a savage and Courtnall's prank stories were bananas for a couple of the latest episodes. The Yandle Hayes one was the best though.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Discovered it about a month ago, and it helps me get through work. Love it. Definitely liked the Janssen one today, especially the prank with him and Lamoriello

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
The Avery interview is great. The guys a grade a narcissistic dbag but he's not afraid to share funny stories. Especially interesting if you're a wing fan. Handful of nice stories about Bowman,babs,yzerman and the guys from the early 2000's.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Oh it is? I was thinking of finally getting around to check it out, but, **** Barstool.
I'm not familiar with Barstool at all and no idea why people dislike it. But if you listen to em on YouTube there's no mention of Barstool far as I can tell so far. It's a great podcast regardless.

Bruinsfan88

Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
I would say that this podcast is a much listen for any hockey fans. It's a great platform for these players to get interviewed and let loose a little bit. I feel like the NHL doesn't market their talent enough. It's great to hear some great on and off the ice stories and get to know their personalities more.

I've heard that non hockey fans also enjoy the podcast due to the hilarious stories. I can imagine if you are a new fan to the game, or follow it minimally, this will make you want to watch more. Again, a great way to market players and the league.

As for the Barstool hate, not sure why people feel that way. I've been following Barstool since the early days and enjoy it. I think it has gone to shit for the most part but still follow certain bloggers and podcasts. I would strongly suggest listening to the podcast and putting any Barstool Sports hate aside. They only reference Barstool where they have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad