Spittin Chiclets Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I wish they'd talk a little bit more about the NHL season as a whole (kind of like a rundown of all the games of the past week or whatever) but I guess there's other podcasts that handle that.

I enjoy it, though.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Whit and the fudge kid story made me lol. He's hilarious.Edit He was always out there snapping it around tape to tape. Love all the wrench talk too. You find out what players have weapons.

Reactions: LuG61 and CCM19

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
I've always gotten that impression from listening to players mic'd up- they're all professionals going through the same stuff so I think they understand each other a bit better than the fans do.

I remember years ago when Buf/Ott was heated, and some Buf player had to be held back in the tunnels cause there was one guy in particular that was just a Gillies level goon... it was just interesting to hear- "you gotta work with that guy, you gotta defend him, and you shouldn't! You know he doesn't belong here!" Something along those lines, and it was so much more brutal because it was coming from a more.. objective place? Like they'd just finished fighting for 60 minutes but usually everyone is chill at that point. Nope, there was one guy who just did not get that level of respect.

Mair was a player being held back since he had a huge feud with Jarko Ruutu, who was Marchand level of rat. Peters was the goon but he did his job after Neil laid a viscous head shot on Drury to start a brawl. Emery is Emery and fought Peters for whatever reason. Peters was never as aggressive as Gillies even when roided up. Also couldnt skate nearly as well as Gillies so he couldn't be aggressive if he wanted to lmao.

Reactions: IlikeEich

IBleedOil247

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton
Look forward to it every Monday and Thursday. Been listening loyally since episode 40ish.
Right up my alley with humor, interviews are great, love how they banter back and forth - the addition of Biz was awesome.

Look forward to every Commie episode as well.

Reactions: dwright5314

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Mair was a player being held back since he had a huge feud with Jarko Ruutu, who was Marchand level of rat. Peters was the goon but he did his job after Neil laid a viscous head shot on Drury to start a brawl. Emery is Emery and fought Peters for whatever reason. Peters was never as aggressive as Gillies even when roided up. Also couldnt skate nearly as well as Gillies so he couldn't be aggressive if he wanted to lmao.

Ah ya that's what it was! Thanks- and ya, I guess it was more along the lines of "everyone follows a certain code, everyone can get along, except that guy. Eff that guy, you know you hate him too." Cause ya, otherwise Mair would have trouble justifying calling someone out on their lack of talent. It was just interesting insight how, even when things are heated, there's a basic respect between most of the guys out there.

Reactions: skinnyFAT91

skuzzycuzz

Jan 7, 2012
McGrattan telling the story of when he and Ray Emery were dressed up as Chubbs & Happy Gilmore at a Halloween party had me laughing so hard.

I’m an every time listener to those guys now. Awesome podcast.
Agreed! It’s an awesome listen! Very funny

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
I don't know why it took me so long to listen to this pod but I finally tuned in and it's the best. Great hockey analysis from actual players and they're hilarious too, NOT A BIG DEAL.

They have the best interviews and it isn't even close. Tom Wilson's after the Cup and Cam Janssen's stood out, had me rolling on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino