Spittin' Chiclets Podcast - Part II

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The same issues he had back then he'd still have today.

The guy just wasn't a good enough hockey player to make it in the NHL. No shame in that.
I agree. The guy refused to work on his game after Junior. He flat out lost it years ago when a local media guy asked him about his skating. His answer was something like " I don't know why you media guys keep bringing up my speed, there are guys with worse speed in the NHL".

His last year with our AHL club he just wasn't that great. He kind of gave up. Guys like Ryan Potulny and Ryan Stone were doing better than him.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I agree. The guy refused to work on his game after Junior. He flat out lost it years ago when a local media guy asked him about his skating. His answer was something like " I don't know why you media guys keep bringing up my speed, there are guys with worse speed in the NHL".

His last year with our AHL club he just wasn't that great. He kind of gave up. Guys like Ryan Potulny and Ryan Stone were doing better than him.
He also was never all that skilled. Sure, he had an incredible set of hands but ask him to actually do something with the puck or make plays, and he didn't know what the **** to do.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
What's the episode where Whitney details his time in Edmonton? He talks about walking out of the tunnel with Dustin Penner for the first time.
Not sure of the episode number but it was the “division preview” show in 2018. I’m guessing late September 2018.

edit: Episode 108. Skip to 52:45
Priceless. One of my favorite Whit moments.

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I had a chuckle with the Berube interview. They really were baiting at times to really go NSFW, but he wouldn't bite. They should've done a live in person interview with Pink Whitney then maybe the real Craig would've came out.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
I never thought Prongs had that much personality or at least would be such a good interviewee.
Did you ever watch him play? Just because you’re an asshole doesn’t mean you don’t have a great personality.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Whit was dead wrong when he said people scoffed at Columbus taking PLD back in 2016.

He was the top ranked NA skater..... I know a lot of people had Puljujarvi penciled in at #3 but its not like they reached on the pick.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Whit was dead wrong when he said people scoffed at Columbus taking PLD back in 2016.

He was the top ranked NA skater..... I know a lot of people had Puljujarvi penciled in at #3 but its not like they reached on the pick.
Very few experts expected PLD to go 3rd or before Puljujarvi. Some of the experts/insiders thought CBJ would trade the pick because there were talks about them not being that interested in Puljujarvi.
But the consensus was that Pulju was closer to Laine than PLD, Tkachuk etc. It wasnt a shock that that PLD went 3rd but it was surprising/not expected. Dont really think there is anything wrong with what Whitney said.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Man whit and biz are so salty Montreal beat the pens . Can’t give them any credit at all

RA had the more reserved prediction about this series picking the pens in 5. I think seeing multiple upsets by the habs against his bruins makes him see the Canadiens in a different light.

Reactions: Halakitlikethat

dre2112

Jul 17, 2007
US and A
RA had the more reserved prediction about this series picking the pens in 5. I think seeing multiple upsets by the habs against his bruins makes him see the Canadiens in a different light.

Didn't he pick Montreal over Philly too? Even as a Habs fan that's a bit of a stretch but we'll see. Flyers could cool down just as easily as they caught fire.

I wish Biz give Whitney more of a hard time for saying he was right in predicting the Habs would win if Price was hot after saying Habs don't stand a chance even though they were up in the series. Literally everyone said that exact same thing about Price and the Habs vs the Pens (or any team for that matter). I don't know anyone that said Pens will easily take the series after they were down 2-1 in the series except Whit (and Biz agreeing with him).

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Didn't he pick Montreal over Philly too? Even as a Habs fan that's a bit of a stretch but we'll see. Flyers could cool down just as easily as they caught fire.

I wish Biz give Whitney more of a hard time for saying he was right in predicting the Habs would win if Price was hot after saying Habs don't stand a chance even though they were up in the series. Literally everyone said that exact same thing about Price and the Habs vs the Pens (or any team for that matter). I don't know anyone that said Pens will easily take the series after they were down 2-1 in the series except Whit (and Biz agreeing with him).

I had the pens in 5, and I also have the flyers in 5. I didn't hear any current round predictions from the chiclets crew yet.

RA has this belief that there is something about the habs as if they put an invisible Cape on in the playoffs. I can't blame him given that his perception of the habs must be shaped by the multiple upsets he's seen the habs pull on the bruins.

Reactions: shello

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
On the episode they released today they had a few minutes on Jack Edwards and talked about him smoking a lot of weed. Was that a known thing about him?

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad