Spittin' Chiclets Podcast - Part II

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
The old thread hit 1000 posts. New thread to discuss recent episodes etc.

Great podcast for anyone that doesn't listen featuring Ryan Whitney and Paul Bissonnette. A lot of former players on with great locker room stories.

Barstool Sports

HjIMbUHSqCGqgO2ELlNx_363b549ac2519baa5d0c92e2913f2a26

@SpittinChiclets | Linktree

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Biz might be a bit more toned down because he has a lady friend. He was off the booze, working out, and eating healthier.

He always sounded like a happy guy, but recently he sounds happier. Good for him

Although a lot of his humor being for adults, Biz is a great role model for kids. Worked hard to make the NHL and was a great teammate, then in his second career has continued to work hard and put himself out there to make a name for himself. He's taken a lot of risks by following the "say yes to everything" approach, which is not easy to do, but it's fully worked out for him. Now, he is in a comfortable spot in the media world and is using his free time to better himself physically and mentally.

He seems like a great person and it's great to cheer for a hardworking, dedicated guy like that

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Although a lot of his humor being for adults, Biz is a great role model for kids. Worked hard to make the NHL and was a great teammate, then in his second career has continued to work hard and put himself out there to make a name for himself. He's taken a lot of risks by following the "say yes to everything" approach, which is not easy to do, but it's fully worked out for him. Now, he is in a comfortable spot in the media world and is using his free time to better himself physically and mentally.

He seems like a great person and it's great to cheer for a hardworking, dedicated guy like that

Yes, and if you follow his Twitter he was posting his childhood photos of his early days in hockey. Seems like a genuine dude.

Of course he sometimes gets a little over his skis with the jokes and goes a little far/loud but that's part of his charm.

As an avid listener of both Chiclets and Pardon My Take, he would be my first choice of "sit down at the bar and have a conversation with" out of all of them (RA, Whit, Biz, Grinnelli, Big Cat, PFT, Hank)

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
During the whole Carcillo thing I sent a tweet out about it and Biz took a screen shot and sent me a message thanking me for sticking up for him. We then got into a little back and forth conversation and shot the shit, it was pretty cool. Seems like a great dude. Guy's not afraid to poke fun at himself, either.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Yea biz doesn’t need the rest of those clowns. He could do his own show easily. I really don’t like RA.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Biz is the best, followed by RA for me. Grinelli is a try hard, he's that annoying guy at the frat party in college who was trying to hard to be cool. Whitney though? Sometimes I love him sometimes I can't stand him. lol

Reactions: shello

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Biz might be a bit more toned down because he has a lady friend. He was off the booze, working out, and eating healthier.

He always sounded like a happy guy, but recently he sounds happier. Good for him

Ya someone in the previous thread said the change was due to the roenick thing, rah censorship- Biz himself has cited the girlfriend as a reason for cleaning up his stories. Guy sounds happy, it’s not some PC thing, it’s him living his life, jeebus.

That said he did mention a video involving a man stuffing one of his private parts into another one of his private parts in the most recent podcast, so the man’s not completely changed.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
RA was doing better before the Quarantine but he has really mailed in his questions lately. Biz and Whit get going and he'll drop in a "So where you holdin up during Quarantine?" question at a random time
I’m sick of RA being on there. Even though they don’t let him ask too many questions I find he always kills the interview now. I do enjoy when the other two cut him off frequently now though.

Reactions: branch and Pens x

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Yup, he knew as a 4th line goon / occasional player he'd have to go go above and beyond to have a good post-NHL life. He obviously started with the jokes while he was still active and it helped him reach the level of popularity he has now.

I’m sick of RA being on there. Even though they don’t let him ask too many questions I find he always kills the interview now. I do enjoy when the other two cut him off frequently now though.

I cannot stand him. By far the worst part of the podcast.

Reactions: Yackiberg8

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
Wasn't the biggest fan of the Wisniewski interview, guy goes off on how the game is soft and that the best d-men nowadays put up 50-60 points and don't really defend and literally RIGHT AFTER talks about how in his best season he...put up 50 something points and had bad defensive numbers lol

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
They're doing a great job keeping the ship floating in the absence of hockey. Interviews are top notch and the stories keep me chuckling. Thursday staple.

RA hate in the threads is amusing. It's his podcast. He's not going anywhere. Keep on hating. Biz is a dapper dude. Saw him this season at GRA and he put his broadcasting colleagues to shame.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad