Spittin' Chiclets Podcast - Part II

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Here’s my ranking:
32 thoughts
Cam & strick
Spittin chiclets

missin curfew

I think spittin chiclets and Cam and strick are in a seperate category.

I might be more inclined to listen to 32 thoughts for current events.

But I'm actually for interested in the old stories, which makes me more inclined to listen to strick or chiclets depending on the guest they have.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Completely agree. While I do enjoy hearing their analysis of NHL news, 31 Thoughts is the gold standard for fans looking for factual information. I listen to Chiclets for the funny banter and "backstage" stories from current and former players and they never fail to deliver on that. I can see why some people think 3+ hours is too long, but they usually keep it between 2-3 hours. There was just so much to discuss this week that it went much longer than usual. I still look forward to every episode even if they have a tendency to ramble on too long about certain topics.
You captured the issue well.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Hopefully, the show gets back on track once the season starts. My biggest issue is that they only interview complete unknowns, repeat guests or people starting their own Podcast.

You’d think between Biz and Whit, they’d have more friends willing to appear on the show outside of their small circle. Also, look at the guests Cam and Strick get, that’s all because of Andy Strickland being a legitimate journalist. If RA wants to consider himself a journalist, he needs to be one.

Also, keep Mike G’s mic on mute. No one cares about your deck hockey tourney in Detroit. How many people would show up without the other guys there?

This pod continues to drop on my go to hockey pods.

I imagine some of the blow back that has happened with guests has made people a little less willing to come on the show and also Barstool double downing on their public image.

I miss what Chiclets used to be as well, but most podcasts go this way.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Completely agree. While I do enjoy hearing their analysis of NHL news, 31 Thoughts is the gold standard for fans looking for factual information. I listen to Chiclets for the funny banter and "backstage" stories from current and former players and they never fail to deliver on that. I can see why some people think 3+ hours is too long, but they usually keep it between 2-3 hours. There was just so much to discuss this week that it went much longer than usual. I still look forward to every episode even if they have a tendency to ramble on too long about certain topics.

You hit the nail on the head here. I only listen to it these days for the interviews, otherwise I don't care to hear RA ramble on about whats going on in the NHL.

Hopefully, the show gets back on track once the season starts. My biggest issue is that they only interview complete unknowns, repeat guests or people starting their own Podcast.

You’d think between Biz and Whit, they’d have more friends willing to appear on the show outside of their small circle. Also, look at the guests Cam and Strick get, that’s all because of Andy Strickland being a legitimate journalist. If RA wants to consider himself a journalist, he needs to be one.

Also, keep Mike G’s mic on mute. No one cares about your deck hockey tourney in Detroit. How many people would show up without the other guys there?

This pod continues to drop on my go to hockey pods.

Calling RA a journalist is a massive stretch. He was a janitor and part time writer at Barstool until like 2 years ago so he also lacks the connections Strick has made over his long career.

Hoping now that hockey and life in general is getting more normal they'll have different guests. The Pronger interview is still one of my favorites. Same with the MackInnon one. Need more guys like them on and less of the Brenden Walsh's of the world.

What’s the over/under on how many Yandle/Hayes appearances we see once the season starts now that they’re on the same team?

At least one per month. The love fest will continue.

I imagine some of the blow back that has happened with guests has made people a little less willing to come on the show and also Barstool double downing on their public image.

I miss what Chiclets used to be as well, but most podcasts go this way.

I think Barstool developing into a bigger media company also plays a part on it. Guessing they can't be as unfiltered as they used to be, especially with all the investment money they have received the last year or two.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think Barstool developing into a bigger media company also plays a part on it. Guessing they can't be as unfiltered as they used to be, especially with all the investment money they have received the last year or two.

I'm not a fan of Barstool and it is probably why I've stopped listening to Chiclets.

But I also feel like they've gotten so big that players aren't willing to be as candid as they were. The joy of it previously was the players felt they could be themselves. I doubt Crosby goes on now if given the opportunity.

That being said, I was never a huge fan of Biz and Whit and RA's banter outside of the interviews regardless. If I wanted to hear white dudes talk about how many chicks they banged, drugs they do, or how rich they are I'd walk outside in San Diego lol.

Reactions: amethyst

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Robin Lehner's appearance on the podcast was interesting to say the least, quite refreshing to have an active player not sticking with the usual hockey stories but openly talk about serious topics.

I disagree with him strongly on a lot of political stuff, but I love his honesty- dude is an open book, and I really respect the voice he’s given to mental health awareness. Dude ain’t perfect, but at least he says what he actually feels to be true.

Reactions: The90

Kamaya Painters

Nov 8, 2018
Lehner's aim isn't to be perfect. There's no such thing as perfect even if the NHL are trying to sell it to the fans.

The part where he talks about the relation between OCD, anxiousness and how it affects performance is where a lot of fans can learn something.

And it'd be interesting to know who the person who threw all types of shit at him is because that person is still active in the NHL.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Can’t stand these guys, but for some reason I’ve enjoyed Missin Curfew. They’re interview with Weegar was great imo.

31(2) is my go to, could listen to them all day on most things. DFO with Seravalli has been interesting to me as well. They stick to main topics and have some fun guests. Enjoyed the Trashers pod.

then there’s my Panthers stuff. Almost never listen to the radio anymore.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Listening to RA choke up about Charlie Watts’ death:

aMR9D6YvzpVp7z07w46Gi4sTVztwoUw0sOPmLWXIQ-U.gif

Cringe…

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad