Spittin' Chiclets Podcast - Part II

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
f***ing Whit thought Buchnevich was the guy who pointed his stick like a gun at the Tampa goalie all those years ago....:facepalm:

That was Anisimov...Buch was like 15 at the time.

I came here to ask if that was what he said, I thought I'd misheard and couldn't rewind to listen to it again as I was driving, to make sure there wasn't any reference to Anisimov that I'd missed

:facepalm:

I did enjoy Terry Ryan having RA's back about the movie references and basically calling out the other guys for being idiots and not knowing anything

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
They’ve been on autopilot for a while now. Whit seems like he’s miserable and only there to keep RA and Grinelli relevant. I give Whitney another year until he’s gone. Biz has about 5 other jobs so he’ll survive.

RA is a stoner who just sort of fell into this, believes he’s the star of the show and smartest guy in the room. He’s become completely insufferable.

The podcast has become all about the livestream so people can watch them watch hockey, terrible content.

I can’t wait for the guys to discuss all the UFA signings today….next week
I think between whit's NHL money and now his Pink Whitney money he just wants to golf and raise his two kids, I could see him leaving but joining in as a guest every once in awhile.

Reactions: TheShape

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Care to elaborate on the "star of the show" comment? Odd assumption to make as he never flaunts his own ego and if he believes he is the star, so be it. He started the podcast.
I don't think he has the ego to think he's the star of the show, but he definitely has a very hard time admitting when he's wrong. He certainly thinks he's smarter than he really is. No chance he could make it on Jeopardy lol

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
I came here to ask if that was what he said, I thought I'd misheard and couldn't rewind to listen to it again as I was driving, to make sure there wasn't any reference to Anisimov that I'd missed

:facepalm:

I did enjoy Terry Ryan having RA's back about the movie references and basically calling out the other guys for being idiots and not knowing anything

The Terry Ryan interview was very good. I’m going to give his podcast a listen.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I don't think he has the ego to think he's the star of the show, but he definitely has a very hard time admitting when he's wrong. He certainly thinks he's smarter than he really is. No chance he could make it on Jeopardy lol
He impresses me with his tidbits of knowledge here and there but he could learn from biz to simply own up when he makes dumbass comments instead of defending them or doubling down.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Would he have been drafted too high? Ryan made it seem like this guy would’ve been in the 3-5 round range.

Wasn’t the guy was getting interviewed by teams for the draft?

That sounds more like a 1st rounder than mid round pick to me

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Latest episode is up today. Comes in at a whopping 4 hours in length! WTF?

Is it just me or does that seem to be exceedingly long? They went away from 2 reasonably paced pods a week (that were current) to now just one, ever growing one that often is a week late with their reaction to league events etc.. that I can live with, but 4 hours in one weekly recording!??!

31 Thoughts is quickly supplanting this as my go to hockey pod.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The podcasts are just way too long and not frequent enough anymore. 3 and a half hours is too much. And once per week doesn't work in hockey when there are so many games and events happening in between. Need to go back to twice per week and make the episodes no more than 2 hours.

Yea, I don't need to hear RA ramble for that long. One episode a week maybe would work in the slow part of the off season but not around the draft/free agency or during the season and playoffs.

They’ve been on autopilot for a while now. Whit seems like he’s miserable and only there to keep RA and Grinelli relevant. I give Whitney another year until he’s gone. Biz has about 5 other jobs so he’ll survive.

RA is a stoner who just sort of fell into this, believes he’s the star of the show and smartest guy in the room. He’s become completely insufferable.

The podcast has become all about the livestream so people can watch them watch hockey, terrible content.

I can’t wait for the guys to discuss all the UFA signings today….next week

RA fails to realize without Biz/Whit he'd still be a middling part time employee at Barstool or a janitor. The show would be much better without him. I get he started it, but sometimes you gotta do whats best. IMO he doesn't bring anything to the show.

Is it just me or does that seem to be exceedingly long? They went away from 2 reasonably paced pods a week (that were current) to now just one, ever growing one that often is a week late with their reaction to league events etc.. that I can live with, but 4 hours in one weekly recording!??!

The last year or so I've only checked in for the interviews. Those I like because RA usually (usually) shuts up and overall, its mostly the guest speaking which is what I want to hear.

31 Thoughts is nice because you have two experienced media guys and they get the whos who of guests. Really informative.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
The biggest issues recently are the repeat guests and the show not being on twice per week or at least on later in the week. Free agency and the expansion draft both fell on Wednesdays, so you had to wait nearly a week to hear what they had to say about each.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009

I like it but have no problem picking up where I left off.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Understood. I listen to a lot of pods, so 2 hours is about my max. Although I’m subscribed I’ve started to delete a few of their pods before listening-based on repeat guests and length of cast.
Yeah I get that, different styles. My commutes are pretty nuts so for me this is fine but I'm an outlier
I hate the once a week. And the news is so dated by that time they might not even touch on the topics you’re thinking they will.

Because this makes sense too

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Yeah I get that, different styles. My commutes are pretty nuts so for me this is fine but I'm an outlier

Because this makes sense too
I used to drive 50minutes to work one way so I totally get it. If this pod was this long back then. I proba would be a fan.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton

31 thoughts is a completely different podcast. If you want credible news and tidbits 31 thoughts is great. The Chiclets podcast was dog **** when they run 2 episodes a week, because then they try to turn into a news podcast and spend 90% of the episodes trying to break down games. Which as you can see from comments in here and if you listen regularly they have no idea what they are talking about.

The fact there is fans out there who cry if these guys don’t talk about their team, or there games, is insane to me. Do you really think Biz and Whit actually sit and watch every game? These aren’t analysts. The podcast is much better when they stop trying to be analysts and just go back to guys shooting the ****.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
31 thoughts is a completely different podcast. If you want credible news and tidbits 31 thoughts is great. The Chiclets podcast was dog **** when they run 2 episodes a week, because then they try to turn into a news podcast and spend 90% of the episodes trying to break down games. Which as you can see from comments in here and if you listen regularly they have no idea what they are talking about.

The fact there is fans out there who cry if these guys don’t talk about their team, or there games, is insane to me. Do you really think Biz and Whit actually sit and watch every game? These aren’t analysts. The podcast is much better when they stop trying to be analysts and just go back to guys shooting the ****.

Completely agree. While I do enjoy hearing their analysis of NHL news, 31 Thoughts is the gold standard for fans looking for factual information. I listen to Chiclets for the funny banter and "backstage" stories from current and former players and they never fail to deliver on that. I can see why some people think 3+ hours is too long, but they usually keep it between 2-3 hours. There was just so much to discuss this week that it went much longer than usual. I still look forward to every episode even if they have a tendency to ramble on too long about certain topics.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Hopefully, the show gets back on track once the season starts. My biggest issue is that they only interview complete unknowns, repeat guests or people starting their own Podcast.

You’d think between Biz and Whit, they’d have more friends willing to appear on the show outside of their small circle. Also, look at the guests Cam and Strick get, that’s all because of Andy Strickland being a legitimate journalist. If RA wants to consider himself a journalist, he needs to be one.

Also, keep Mike G’s mic on mute. No one cares about your deck hockey tourney in Detroit. How many people would show up without the other guys there?

This pod continues to drop on my go to hockey pods.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I feel like whenever I tune in they have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to current NHL talk, the other stuff is fun sometimes tho

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
The biggest issues recently are the repeat guests and the show not being on twice per week or at least on later in the week. Free agency and the expansion draft both fell on Wednesdays, so you had to wait nearly a week to hear what they had to say about each.
They’ve had like 4 episodes with repeat guests in their last 25-30 episodes. Most of whom are great guests/just won the Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad