Spittin' Chiclets Podcast - Part II

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Anyone know how much the 4 of them make? I'm sure Whit + Biz make a good chunk more than RA & Grinelli but I'm curious how much they all take home.
I'm not entirely sure but I think they'll get a "salary" per episode and then they can make more through their merchandise selling. I think that they're going to one episode cause they're making a killing with the merchandise and Pink Whitney.
I believe Big Cat and PFT make like 75k per episode for the Pardon My Take podcast. Scale that down to what Spittin Chiclets audience is and these guys are probably closer to 10-20k per epsiode :dunno:

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I'm not entirely sure but I think they'll get a "salary" per episode and then they can make more through their merchandise selling. I think that they're going to one episode cause they're making a killing with the merchandise and Pink Whitney.
I believe Big Cat and PFT make like 75k per episode for the Pardon My Take podcast. Scale that down to what Spittin Chiclets audience is and these guys are probably closer to 10-20k per epsiode :dunno:
Perhaps I am oblivious to the economics of successful podcasting but I am shocked that a Barstool podcast generates $480k minimum for a host.

Reactions: Voight and shello

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Anyone notice thst after Whitney told his story about how he was so baked he didn't even know what car he drove to the shops RA had to read a 5-minute "sponsored ad" about not drinking/smoking and driving the very next episode?

Wow, that's nuts. I mean, it is Christmas time/New Years, where most impaired driving charges arise, but still.

Reactions: shello

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Perhaps I am oblivious to the economics of successful podcasting but I am shocked that a Barstool podcast generates $480k minimum for a host.
I believe we are oblivious to the economics of it. I was stunned when I heard that too but they are the number one sports podcast and they do 3 episodes a week. They have a title sponsor, and then 2-4 sponsor ads during each episode. Portnoy threw out the number of 100k to be the title sponsor of his brand new podcast that doesn’t have a following yet and only does 1 episode a week. If that’s what he’s able to get from one sponsor of a new podcast, I have no idea what they’re able to get from a company to be a title sponsor of the biggest sports podcast with a big following.

I also could’ve been wrong about them getting a percentage of merch sales cause Barstool usually owns 100% of the intellectual property of their brands. So maybe they’re getting a high salary and nothing from merch.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Anyone notice thst after Whitney told his story about how he was so baked he didn't even know what car he drove to the shops RA had to read a 5-minute "sponsored ad" about not drinking/smoking and driving the very next episode?

They also did a weird stealth edit in the YouTube clip ("squirrel suckin on a jolly rancher" is the title) of the story where Keith Yandle and his brother drove back to Boston on New Year's day hungover and his brother fell asleep at the wheel and Keith woke him up by slowly turning up the music.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Soccer chatter is better that golf chatter but it is obvious Whit is getting his EPL guidance from FIFA fanboys that probably say "we" when talking about their favorite team. I can count on one hand the number of Chelsea supporters there was in North America before Abramovich dumped cash into them. Star rating bumps in FIFA and the fanboys are created.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voight

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Should be a great one. Will be interesting what they have to say about Yandle.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
They also did a weird stealth edit in the YouTube clip ("squirrel suckin on a jolly rancher" is the title) of the story where Keith Yandle and his brother drove back to Boston on New Year's day hungover and his brother fell asleep at the wheel and Keith woke him up by slowly turning up the music.

The way Keith told that story was f***ing hilarious

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC

This is a long running joke on PMT.

Pre-COVID, any time drunk dudes at a bar / game recognize them and ask how much they make, they always respond "75k per episode" to blow their minds.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016

The interview with Colin Wilson was pretty interesting. Seems like a solid guy who went through a lot. Remember reading the article about him in the Players Tribune, good on him for getting the help he needed.
Hope he enjoy's retirement, seems to go well for him.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Having Gordie Howe ranked 5th all time (Crosby 4th) is one of the worst takes I have ever heard.

Never mind that he had Lemieux first because "he saw him play" ..... unsure how he didn't see Gretzky play given they played in the same era.

But I guess Madden is a PIT guy so makes sense. Just made no effort to hide his bias :laugh:

Reactions: ResilientBeast

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Having Gordie Howe ranked 5th all time (Crosby 4th) is one of the worst takes I have ever heard.

Never mind that he had Lemieux first because "he saw him play" ..... unsure how he didn't see Gretzky play given they played in the same era.

But I guess Madden is a PIT guy so makes sense. Just made no effort to hide his bias :laugh:
He literally said “I can’t say Mario is better than Gretzky” and that “the top 3 of Mario, Gretzky and Orr was up for debate in regards to their order but that’s the top 3.”

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He literally said “I can’t say Mario is better than Gretzky” and that “the top 3 of Mario, Gretzky and Orr was up for debate in regards to their order but that’s the top 3.”

He literally said "I rank Lemieux first because I saw him play"

Regardless, its an awful take, let alone ranking Howe 5th and saying hes interchangeable with Richard :facepalm:

Reactions: JasonRoseEh

Ray Mercer

Oct 3, 2018
The best part of this podcast is hands down the interviews with players who played in the 80’s and 90’s. The best episodes have been guys like Adam Oates, Cam Neely, Rick Tocchet, Roenick, etc. The podcast has done a poor job lately of bringing in interesting guests. The guys they should be focusing on are guys like Lafleur, Lemieux, Coffey, Hull, Joey Kocur, Dave Brown, Wendel Clark, Brian Leetch, Forsberg Fleury, Doug Gilmore, Ray Bourque, Zhamnov, Bure etc. There’s so many great players who could offer great insight that the podcast has failed to bring in. Listening to fringe players from the 2000’s who either didn’t put up a lot of points or who weren’t top tough guys is boring. With the revenue the podcast is bringing in these top names should be achievable. They should be calling these guys nonstop to bring them on.

Reactions: dubey

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
The best part of this podcast is hands down the interviews with players who played in the 80’s and 90’s. The best episodes have been guys like Adam Oates, Cam Neely, Rick Tocchet, Roenick, etc. The podcast has done a poor job lately of bringing in interesting guests. The guys they should be focusing on are guys like Lafleur, Lemieux, Coffey, Hull, Joey Kocur, Dave Brown, Wendel Clark, Brian Leetch, Forsberg Fleury, Doug Gilmore, Ray Bourque, Zhamnov, Bure etc. There’s so many great players who could offer great insight that the podcast has failed to bring in. Listening to fringe players from the 2000’s who either didn’t put up a lot of points or who weren’t top tough guys is boring. With the revenue the podcast is bringing in these top names should be achievable. They should be calling these guys nonstop to bring them on.
Half the reason they can get guys is because they probably don't hound players. It's a players first podcast. If a guy says he doesn't want to come on I'm sure they don't keep bothering them.

Ray Mercer

Oct 3, 2018
Half the reason they can get guys is because they probably don't hound players. It's a players first podcast. If a guy says he doesn't want to come on I'm sure they don't keep bothering them.

I highly doubt during Covid with nothing to do that these top retired guys wouldn’t want to come on for an hour and talk hockey and have their ego stroked. A lot of top professionals in any line of work love talking about their passion and their accomplishments. Even if you had to pay these guys it would be worth it.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
I highly doubt during Covid with nothing to do that these top retired guys wouldn’t want to come on for an hour and talk hockey and have their ego stroked. A lot of top professionals in any line of work love talking about their passion and their accomplishments. Even if you had to pay these guys it would be worth it.
Not every person likes having their ego stroked. Who’s to say they haven’t asked for those guys and those guys have declined? And there are people out there who aren’t big fans of barstool for whatever reasons so maybe some of those guys you mentioned fall in that camp?

Reactions: Quack51

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
As much as they may want to deny it or avoid acknowledging it, the quality of the guests they have been able to bring on has taken a massive hit since the Roenick episode.

Reactions: Ray Mercer

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL

I felt like my hockey IQ doubled after the Adam Oates interview. It was obvious why he is an elite skills coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad