Spittin' Chiclets Podcast - Part II

Dexter Colt

Oct 29, 2007
Mendham, NJ
He was a surprisingly good interview though. Makes you wonder how much he plays up the goofiness for TV.
I thought the same. He came off as a very knowledgeable (obviously) and just as a nice, down to earth guy. His name dropping also seems very genuine; appreciative of people's work.

The two questions I was left with were whether he dyes his eyebrows/stache and why I ever thought he was a douche.

Reactions: Apocalypse Dude

KBobs

Dec 26, 2013
Canada
If you hear him on NHL radio that will strengthen your opinion.

he’s a complete goofball on TV. If he was like that on radio I’d drive my car off the road, but he’s actually good on radio, doesn’t play a character.

I listen to Pierre on Ottawa and Montreal radio, and it's great. You become privy to a wide range of topics before the insiders end up reporting on them. He seems to be a truly good guy, just for whatever reason can be cringy at times on TV. Hopefully one of these days he's back covering the World Juniors. Maybe the next US TV deal.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Like him or not the guy eats, sleeps, and breathes hockey. You can never question his dedication to the game.

I honestly would love it if I ever saw him at a bar or something. He could talk hockey with you for 24 hours straight if not longer. Going back 30 years, he's got all kinds of rumors and stories he could tell you about.

Is it me or does RA always seem to drop hints every now and then about Canadian bias in the NHL?

Typical Masshole.

how so? This most recent interview was 100% for him to promote his new book

Seems like hes been on a lot recently no? I get with no season at the moment options are limited. Look, I'm not complaining, I love Burkies call it as you see it style.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He was a surprisingly good interview though. Makes you wonder how much he plays up the goofiness for TV.
He is really good on the radio too, just turns into a monster when he gets on t.v. He still has a hint of his know it all persona but he is so much more likeable when he is dialed down.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Seems like hes been on a lot recently no? I get with no season at the moment options are limited. Look, I'm not complaining, I love Burkies call it as you see it style.
Probably seems that way cause it’s his 3rd interview within 12 months I believe.
But the first one was tough to hear on a phone call. So when they had the chance to get him in person for a re-do they did it. Then as mentioned this most recent one was strictly promo on his part for the new book.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I guess it has been 3x in the last calendar year. I listen to HC12 daily and hear Burke all the time, so him on chiclets doesn't stick out.

I do like how he seems more authentic away from big media cameras. That said, his stories are on repeat these days since he's leaving the goods for the book

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I guess it has been 3x in the last calendar year. I listen to HC12 daily and hear Burke all the time, so him on chiclets doesn't stick out.

I do like how he seems more authentic away from big media cameras. That said, his stories are on repeat these days since he's leaving the goods for the book
I just started reading Burke’s new book. After the first chapter, it very good.

I thought the Pierre interview was solid.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
I wanted more animated story times :(
It sounds like you’ll be getting more of those. That was one of the things Grinelli mentioned they’ll do more of with them dialing back to one episode a week.

Which I don’t get, the animated stories aren’t new stories and they don’t really add much to it. I’d rather see the person tell the story in the YouTube videos rather than the animated stories.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Going down to one show a week is disappointing but with the money these lads are making off Pink Whitney and everything else they have going on I cant really blame them. Reading through these comments complaining about these guys is really something. If ya don't like it don't listen. My favorite comment 'if you like listening to the golf talk you need a hobby'. If you can't see the irony of delivering that sentence on a hockey chat message board then I don't know what to tell ya.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Whit and Biz donating to the Barstool Fund is awesome, happy to see these guys supporting small business

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
I was listening to an old episode of Pardon My Take from around January 2017, and Whit talked about how he didn’t like Pierre at all. He talked about how Pierre invited him and Sid and other young Penguins over for dinner but once Whit was consistently injured Pierre wouldn’t even acknowledge him.

I haven’t listened to the episode but I wonder if Whit still has similar feelings.

Reactions: sabresEH

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Anyone know how much the 4 of them make? I'm sure Whit + Biz make a good chunk more than RA & Grinelli but I'm curious how much they all take home.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I was listening to an old episode of Pardon My Take from around January 2017, and Whit talked about how he didn’t like Pierre at all. He talked about how Pierre invited him and Sid and other young Penguins over for dinner but once Whit was consistently injured Pierre wouldn’t even acknowledge him.

I haven’t listened to the episode but I wonder if Whit still has similar feelings.

Good for Pierre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad