Speedy Recovery, George Parros

• Thread starter WolfgangAmadeusEller*
  • Start date

FlavorFlav

Feb 26, 2003
Visit site
It always amazes me how these guys do respect each other though. Orr urgently calling for the medics to come out, then saying nice things after the game. Amazing, considering 10 seconds earlier they were trying break each other's faces...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Renaud Lavoie ‏@LavoieRenaud 8m No bone fracture for George Parros. He had a CT Scan and first indications are negatives. So as of right now it's a concussion. #canadiens

Kind of a good news/bad news kind of thing...great that there is no fracture but the concussion is still a big concern.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
You know what, maybe Orr did pull him down. I doubt a guy like orr wanted to be doing snow angels on the ground solo but I highly doubt it was an intent to injure. Just split second stuff and accident. So it's really irrelevant.

In the same way that a guy will use a slew foot move to take someone down...
Or a guy might use the stanchion to rub another guy out...

Goal may be to just take him down, no one can know full intent but Orr.

But it still remains a dirty & reckless play, that led to a pretty serious & violent outcome.

Take Orr's track record into account, and it's more plausible that the intent was to injure/cause max damage than it was to just take him down.

Dirty play by a dirty player. Watch it again.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

But it still remains a dirty & reckless play, that led to a pretty serious & violent outcome.

Take Orr's track record into account, and it's more plausible that the intent was to injure/cause max damage than it was to just take him down.

I don't see it. I'm sorry. If he indeed pulled him down(and we don't know that but lets assume) then sure, dangerous but 99.9% of the time it's not even a real danger. Parros didn't have his arm out to protect his face. Orr can't forsee that. Orr has done some dirty plays towards us but this isn't one. Parros beat him twice, he probably wanted to pull him down and accident happened.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009

You're reaching. It's a human reflex to hold onto someone you are fighting in order to stay on your feet. There's tons of evidence that proves this

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
9149_589979914392690_1105990874_n.jpg

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Renaud Lavoie ‏@LavoieRenaud 8m No bone fracture for George Parros. He had a CT Scan and first indications are negatives. So as of right now it's a concussion. #canadiens

Kind of a good news/bad news kind of thing...great that there is no fracture but the concussion is still a big concern.

There was no way in hell he wouldn't have a concussion after that. If that's all he escapes with, it's good news.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
The size of Parros paired with the velocity at which he fell with, a concussion-only result is VERY lucky. I'm surprised nothing else came of it, especially with all the blood.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
My thoughts are with Parros this morning. I hope he is resting comfortably this morning and on his way to a speedy and full recovery. He is a very likeable and classy guy destined to be a huge fan favorite in Montreal, and it was heart-wrenching to see him injured like that. Have a good season, Habs fans.

I wish all Leafs fans were like you and had this much class. Kudos to you. :yo:

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa

Leaf fan here. After watching the game last night I just wanted to come on here and wish George a speedy recovery. No one like to see that kinda stuff. Also...best moustache in hockey!

Then I saw this post.....open your eyes when you watch the game
dirty and reckless play :shakehead

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
Did he lose teeth?

Prust - Moen - Parros is a freaking cool line, but all of them are injured!

Prust (shoulder?, can't find as seen yesterday), Moen (doctor told him he shouldn't fight), Parros (will be back from concussion)

:(

Valois

Feb 12, 2012
Ottawa
I think I was more excited to see Moen-Prust-Parros on the ice than the top two lines (assumin EGG is third). Hoping Parros recovers completely, he was playing his heart out.

Stephen23

Aug 22, 2009
Halifax, NS
Leaf fan respectfully stopping by. Just wanted to send my well wishes. I have a lot of respect for Parros and any tough guy who does their job respectively within the "code". Hopefully he comes back quickly, but more important healthy. Cheers! :cheers:

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Did he lose teeth?

Prust - Moen - Parros is a freaking cool line, but all of them are injured!

Prust (shoulder?, can't find as seen yesterday), Moen (doctor told him he shouldn't fight), Parros (will be back from concussion)

:(

What the **** are you talking about with Moen and Prust?

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
It's funny to be a nice enforcer.. how can you be nice but at the same time want to punch the other guy?

<3 Parros

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
What the **** are you talking about with Moen and Prust?

Heard it on CBC yesterday after Moen's fight.. they were talking about how after he got stitches on his face and concussion, doctors were suggesting him to stop fighting.

As for Prust, we saw Moen coming to defend Prust right away, Prust doesn't need to be defended in normal times. And he refused to fight in 3rd, either to draw penalty (actually we got penalty lol) or because he hurt.

Analyzer*

Leaf fan here. After watching the game last night I just wanted to come on here and wish George a speedy recovery. No one like to see that kinda stuff. Also...best moustache in hockey!

Then I saw this post.....open your eyes when you watch the game
dirty and reckless play :shakehead

Don't worry, that guy rarely knows what he's talking about it. Best to ignore him.

Heard it on CBC yesterday after Moen's fight.. they were talking about how after he got stitches on his face and concussion, doctors were suggesting him to stop fighting.

As for Prust, we saw Moen coming to defend Prust right away, Prust doesn't need to be defended in normal times. And he refused to fight in 3rd, either to draw penalty (actually we got penalty lol) or because he hurt.

That's for Mark Fraser. He took a slapshot to the head last year.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Good news, but a guy with Parros' kind of career should still play it safe with regards to the concussion. Glad he's okay.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Damn, he's tough. I'm so glad that he only have a concussion.

BTW, guys, it doesn't mean that Parros has a severe concussion because he lost conscious. Loosing conscious is a symptom of a concussion but the severity is based on other exam results.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
My guess is that he'll be out as long as Eller. If you recall, most of the damage for Eller came when he hit the ice (though he did take a lot of force from the hit). But in the following days, we had reports from his father that there wasn't any facial damage and that the concussion was the biggest injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad