Proposal: Speculation: Rumours: Done Deals: Trade Deadline 2019 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

43Kadri43

Jun 15, 2017
You still run into the problem of someone having to sit or get dealt. Do the Leafs subsequently deal Gardiner? I doubt it unless they acquire someone like Pesce, even though I'd strongly consider it with just Jensen.

Dealing Hainsey does not really do much. It's pretty much just a shuffling of chairs without any real or noticeable improvement.

Jensen is significantly better than Hainsey

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
In the "it'd be too much cost but really fun to think about" category I'd love to acquire Kreider. Perfect winger for the top 6 with scoring, size, and grit.

Probably would gut the system though.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Dubas has subtracted grit from the roster. Interesting if he'll acquire any or if he'll opt for continued speed. I think the latter.

Albert Iafrate

Feb 29, 2008
Jensen is significantly better than Hainsey

Why does everyone hate Hainsey so much? Is he being overused? Sure, but that's on Babcock.

I know +/- is a shit statistic, but if he was so terrible, he wouldn't be 3rd in the league for that stat. I know a lot of that has to do with being paired with Reilly, but again, if he was so terrible Reilly's numbers would be worse because of him.

I wouldn't even mind if we re-signed Hainsey in the off season at a vet minimum contract for 1 year to do the player coach role on the back end.

Reactions: exporta

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
You still run into the problem of someone having to sit or get dealt. Do the Leafs subsequently deal Gardiner? I doubt it unless they acquire someone like Pesce, even though I'd strongly consider it with just Jensen.

Dealing Hainsey does not really do much. It's pretty much just a shuffling of chairs without any real or noticeable improvement.

Yeah :( I guess we'll see what happens...12 days to go.

43Kadri43

Jun 15, 2017
That is an overstatement, because if it was not, he wouldn't go for Ozhiganov and a 3rd.

Who’s to say he will?

It’s not an overstatement. Jensen is one of the best defensive defensemen in the league going by micro and macro statistics. He’s an absolutely elite penalty killer (has the best isolated shots impact against in the league on the PK), plays exceptional 5v5 defense (top 15 by most micro stats), and has a top-30 GAR among defensemen. He’s very, very good.

He’s also not a household name, is going to be just shy of 30 by the time he signs his new deal, and is a rental. He’s not going to be overly expensive to acquire; his impact will almost certainly be greater than the price paid to acquire him.

Reactions: Cobra777 and kb

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
how do we feel about FRK on waivers. Bomb of a shot from the point.

Don't see how the Leafs would have any interest.

He won't replace anyone on the top 3 lines along the right side and Brown is a good value player to have in the line-up because he can play on a couple of different lines.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I’d still wager a lot of that “tough winger” talk is coming more from babcock’s side than Dubas.

The Leafs don’t have any room for Johnsson to get more minutes than the 4th line, and he’s probably as good as most of the rental options available

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Awwwww Frk. It brings me back to the waning salad days of Detroit when we were told he was part of the new wave of great Red Wing prospects "over-ripening" in Grand Rapids. He like Pulkkinen, Sproul, Ouellette, Nosek, Callahan, Ferraro, etc. have yet to set the NHL on fire.

neversaydie

Apr 6, 2016
Mississauga
Don't see how the Leafs would have any interest.

He won't replace anyone on the top 3 lines along the right side and Brown is a good value player to have in the line-up because he can play on a couple of different lines.

wait isnt he an RHD? or then I missed the boat completely and apologies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Awwwww Frk. It brings me back to the waning salad days of Detroit when we were told he was part of the new wave of great Red Wing prospects "over-ripening" in Grand Rapids. He like Pulkkinen, Sproul, Ouellette, Nosek, Callahan, Ferraro, etc. have yet to set the NHL on fire.

The problem with Grand Rapids was that their best players, and the core of their success, came from older prospects who were already teetering on becoming career AHLer types or guys who were already career AHLers. The Marlies right now are kind of in that spot right now, but the bulk of the team are still guys who are 22 or 23, and outside of Mueller and maybe Gagner, none of our top players are really outside of prospect age yet.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
I loved the Muzzin deal, but definitely don't want to be trading away any of Lily/Sandin/next years 1st for a rental.
As long as that doesn't happen i'm happy.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Hainsey is fine in a 3rd pairing role, but even with Muzzin here, Babcock has continued to use Hainsey like a top 4 guy.

Dubas should deal him just to save Babcock from himself.

Reactions: OVO16

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Hainsey is fine in a 3rd pairing role, but even with Muzzin here, Babcock has continued to use Hainsey like a top 4 guy.

Noticed the same thing. Babcock has a hard-on for Hainsey still.

Dubas is gonna have to force his hand again and just trade Hainsey away

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Pittsburgh is apparently looking for a Bottom Pairing Defenseman who can bring some stability in the back-end.

Hainsey has already won a cup with Pittsburgh. I can see them being interested...assuming we get someone to replace him.

I was hoping to make a trade for Gudas and then trade Hainsey back to Pittsburgh for a 5th/6th rd pick

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Pittsburgh is apparently looking for a Bottom Pairing Defenseman who can bring some stability in the back-end.

Hainsey has already won a cup with Pittsburgh. I can see them being interested...assuming we get someone to replace him.

I was hoping to make a trade for Gudas and then trade Hainsey back to Pittsburgh for a 5th/6th rd pick
I think Hainsey would bring back a suprisingly good return. Rutherford traded a 2nd for him two years ago, and his statistical line looks much better than it did that season.

Honestly think he could get that again and if you do, you can add that pick to the upgrade on Zaitsev fund.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I think Hainsey would bring back a suprisingly good return. Rutherford traded a 2nd for him two years ago, and his statistical line looks much better than it did that season.

Honestly think he could get that again and if you do, you can add that pick to the upgrade on Zaitsev fund.

Thats fine. I honestly dont care for the Return for Hainsey.

As long as we get him away from Babcock.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017

Agree 100% This needs to stop. Upgraded huge on defense, uses Muzzin like a 4/5th d-man while Hainsey plays big minutes...

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Thats fine. I honestly dont care for the Return for Hainsey.

As long as we get him away from Babcock.
Oh I agree, Hainsey and Lindholm out, play Ennis or bring Moore up, and throw Oz back in on the third pair until you can do something on the right side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad