Proposal: Speculation: Rumours: Done Deals: Trade Deadline 2019 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Although I like the player, his contract would be an issue. He's an RFA making 3m.
If he plays well you can always trade him for more in the summer if you can't get rid of Marleau's contract.

For this year you could have Washington retain a bit if need be.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
TSN pre-game brought up the Gaborik to LA trade being a steal of a deadline deal...

LA got Gaborik for Frattin, a 2nd and a 3rd... Would totally be on board with that type of deal! ;)

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Wonder what it would cost to get Vinnie Hinostroza from Arizona. Good energy guy for the bottom six who can chip in with some offense. Good speed too to keep up with our guys. Signed reasonably at $1.5M this year and next.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
There will be a market before July 1st, and teams will probably make their decision to trade for him before July 1st, because there is no guarantee that their team is not on Zaitsev's NTC that kicks in July 1st.

By the time the draft rolls around, there is a good chance that we know whether a lot of his competition is sticking with their current teams or will be hitting the open market. If a deal was not already completed for Zaitsev, then there is probably going to be a lot of framework in place with multiple teams and then after talking with some of the guys in UFA during the pre-July 1st period, they will decide.
Not to mention the teams that know they won’t be very desirable to FA for one reason or another.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Leafs - Hurricanes
Connor Brown, Dymtro Tymashov,
2020 2nd & Small Add

For

Michael Ferland & TVR

Leafs - Oilers
Zack Kassian
For
2020 4th

Ferland - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - - Tavares - - Marner
Johnsson - - Kadri - - Kapanen
Marleau - Gauthier - Kassian

Rielly - - Dermott
Muzzin - - Zaitsev
Gardiner - Hainsey
TVR

Last edited:

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Leafs - Jackets
Nazem Kadri, Nikita Zaitsev & 3rd 2020
For
Boone Jenner & David Savard

Leafs - Ducks
Connor Brown & Justin Holl
For
Nick Ritchie

Leafs - Rangers
Blues 4th
For
Adam McQuaid

Ritchie - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - - Tavares - - Marner
Johnsson - - Jenner - - Kapanen
Marleau - - Gauthier - - Ennis
Lindholm, Moore, Marchement

Rielly - - - Savard
Muzzin - Dermott
Gardiner - Hainsey
McQuaid, Ozhiganov, Rosen

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I have less than 0 interest in trading Kadri but there is one scenario I'd be down too. If Eric Staal was willing to take a bit of a haircut to come here on something like a 2 year $4.5 per contract to chase a cup, I'd be happy to flip Kadri for a RHD. Then we can keep both Kapanen and Johnsson, bolster our D and arguably upgrade at C.

It'd be a longshot but I'd love too. Also we'd obviously be dumping Zaitsev, Brown and maybe even Marleau to make it work.

RLF

May 5, 2014
No way they get a 1st with all the available wingers

Some GM is usually willing to pay that for a playoff run. I think it is very possible they do get a 1st if that is all Canes are willing to take for Ferland.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I wonder if the leafs could fit Staal in the fold, even with Minnesota retaining 50%.

Brown + a pick for Staal?

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
I wonder if the leafs could fit Staal in the fold, even with Minnesota retaining 50%.

Brown + a pick for Staal?

Why would MIN do this? They just lost Koivu for the season and are now weak up the middle, and are still in a wildcard spot. Why would they sell now? They are buyers.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Leafs - Devils

Connor Brown, 2020 4th rounder

for Marcus Johansson

Leafs - Red Wings

Ozhiganov, 2019 4th rounder

for Nick Jensen

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Fair enough, but my reasoning is another RHD is needed, thus Jensen. Send back Oz since he's not back next year in all likelihood.

And if they're dealing for a rental forward, I'd rather one that can play C if needed.

Jensen could probably be had for Oz+3rd

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Jensen could probably be had for Oz+3rd

You still run into the problem of someone having to sit or get dealt. Do the Leafs subsequently deal Gardiner? I doubt it unless they acquire someone like Pesce, even though I'd strongly consider it with just Jensen.

Dealing Hainsey does not really do much. It's pretty much just a shuffling of chairs without any real or noticeable improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA