Proposal: Speculation: Rumours: Done Deals: Trade Deadline 2019 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
People don't seem to understand that contenders rarely trade players from their roster in the middle of the season. None of these Brown+Zaitsev moves are going to happen now, those are more offseason moves. We need all the depth we can get for the playoffs, so thats why you add players on the roster without having to give up others/further gut your depth

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
People don't seem to understand that contenders rarely trade players from their roster in the middle of the season. None of these Brown+Zaitsev moves are going to happen now, those are more offseason moves. We need all the depth we can get for the playoffs, so thats why you add players on the roster without having to give up others/further gut your depth

Not always true. TB gave up a roster player in the McDonaugh trade last year. Leafs have to move money to take on money so a roster player will most likely go in a deal.

Reactions: Cobra777 and RLF

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Not always true. TB gave up a roster player in the McDonaugh trade last year. Leafs have to move money to take on money so a roster player will most likely go in a deal.

I knew someone would mention this. They gave up 1 roster player for 2, and got a direct replacement for Namestikov (J.T Miller, who is better than Namestnikov), while then adding to their blue line. The trade was pretty much just an add on the blue line for futures if you say Namestikov=Miller in the lineup.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I knew someone would mention this. They gave up 1 roster player for 2, and got a direct replacement for Namestikov (J.T Miller, who is better than Namestnikov), while then adding to their blue line. The trade was pretty much just an add on the blue line for futures if you say Namestikov=Miller in the lineup.

I am sure there are other examples out there. Spooner in the Nash deal off the top of my head.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I know it would be near impossible without bonuses carrying over to next year, but man I would love to add Hayes and Zuccarello for the rest of the year. Get Lindholm and Brown off the roster

Zuccarello-Tavares-Marner
Hayes-Matthews-Nylander
Johnsson-Kadri-Kapanen
Hyman-Gauthier-Marleau

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Shake it up! We need some passionate angsty Leaf lovers on this team stat!

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Not sure where to put this but Dylan strome now at 30 points on 32 games with the hawks. I love that, the coyotes are a massive tire fire on and off the ice.

I kind of wish we went in for him at the price he ended up costing. 2020 hindsight though

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Not sure where to put this but Dylan strome now at 30 points on 32 games with the hawks. I love that, the coyotes are a massive tire fire on and off the ice.

I kind of wish we went in for him at the price he ended up costing. 2020 hindsight though

Helps a lot playing 1st PP and lots of minutes with Kane. But yah, does sort of look lopsided in retrospect. I immediately think of Puls and what might happen of his future suitor.

Reactions: ULF_55 and Walshy7

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016

Leafs - Wild
Connor Brown, Justin Holl & 2nd 2020
for
Charlie Coyle

Leafs - Jackets
Nazem Kadri, Nikita Zaitsev & Dymtro Tymashov
for
Josh Anderson & David Savard

Nylander - Matthews - Anderson
Hyman - - - Tavares - - - Marner
Johnsson - - - Coyle - - - Kapanen
Marleau - - - Gauthier - - - Ennis
Lindholm

Muzzin - - - Rielly
Gardiner - Savard
Dermott - Hainsey
Rosen - Ozhiganov

PP1
Tavares
Nylander - Matthews - Marner
Rielly

PP1
Coyle
Kapanen - Anderson - Johnsson
Muzzin

PK1
Hyman - Kapanen
Muzzin - Hainsey

PK2
Anderson - Marner
Rielly - Dermott

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Leafs - Wild
Connor Brown, Justin Holl & 2nd 2020
for
Charlie Coyle

Leafs - Jackets
Nazem Kadri, Nikita Zaitsev & Dymtro Tymashov
for
Josh Anderson & David Savard

Nylander - Matthews - Anderson
Hyman - - - Tavares - - - Marner
Johnsson - - - Coyle - - - Kapanen
Marleau - - - Gauthier - - - Ennis
Lindholm

Muzzin - - - Rielly
Gardiner - Savard
Dermott - Hainsey
Rosen - Ozhiganov

PP1
Tavares
Nylander - Matthews - Marner
Rielly

PP1
Coyle
Kapanen - Anderson - Johnsson
Muzzin

PK1
Hyman - Kapanen
Muzzin - Hainsey

PK2
Anderson - Marner
Rielly - Dermott
Yikes.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Unless we've completely screwed up the cap situation I don't see how trading him makes any sense

He's a transitional monster on a team that doesn't have a ton of guys that can carry the puck through the N/Z

Nylander, Marner and to a lesser extent Kapanen are relied on to do that because other than them it's pretty thin, we've got scorers up the middle but there not great puck carriers and besides Johnsson the left side is a wasteland

In summary, Nylander is more valuable to us than another team imo
never understood this quote. Nylander is just as valuable to toronto as he would be for other teams.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018

Could always take a chance on:
Puljujarvi, A. Nylander, Zacha, Bennett

Reactions: Walshy7

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Bennett has a nasty side that I never thought he had but I doubt Flames are interested in giving him away. The others are offseason acquisitions if the Leafs are interested.

Dylan Strome was united with his Otter's linemate Debrincat, who irritates me every time I see him score because we passed on.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008

I think it's easier for a team with bad depth (e.g. Chicago) to do that.

If we add one of those guys, who do you subtract from the top 9? I think it's something we could do in the offseason, especially if we end up having to unload one of Kapanen, AJ, Brown, etc for cap reasons. But right now, there just isn't really any room.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I don't have an issue making a trade with some of our roster players moving out as long as it betters the lineup. In the end if getting rid of players like Brown, Zaitsev, Kapanen and Johnsson means that we get another solid top 4 dman and another quality winger to put in the top 6 that adds grit, speed and skill. I am all for it.

As long as the players coming back have term and meet that criteria the Leafs should be open for business.

neversaydie

Apr 6, 2016
Mississauga
Wonder if we would be interested in Spurgeon as a deadline add. He's a UFA at the end of the year and Minny's year is practically over? Wonder what it would take, dont want to break the bank but what could he fetch on a deadline deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad