Proposal: Speculation: Rumours: Done Deals: Trade Deadline 2019 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
Maybe the reason the leafs are looking at Glendening is because Kadri might be the one to
Go to Carolina for one of
Their RHD.
Babcock would use Glendening as his 3C which he would love and he gets a top 4 RHD which he is also dying for.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Leafs fans have been enamored with the Anaheim and Carolina defense corps for years, but how much evidence would support the fact that Manson, Montour, Pesce, Faulk, etc. are anywhere as good as we want to believe?

I always wonder why the same RHD names keep getting attached to Toronto. You'd think we could just build some RHD depth by going after no names like Dylan DeMelo. Surely players like that won't cost much...

Listening to fans around here you'd think both Anaheim and Carolina have 6 #1 D. Shocking that they arent in the playoffs.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Listening to fans around here you'd think both Anaheim and Carolina have 6 #1 D. Shocking that they arent in the playoffs.

Listening to most people on this board, you'd think the Leafs wouldn't have their 1st round picks for the next 10 years because of trading Phanaeuf and Clarkson.

It has been painful lately.

Reactions: Warden of the North

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Wonder what Charlie Coyle would take to acquire in a trade. Signed for 3m next year, and I always liked him as a player. With Koivu going down though, he could be harder to acquire.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Wonder what Charlie Coyle would take to acquire in a trade. Signed for 3m next year, and I always liked him as a player. With Koivu going down though, he could be harder to acquire.

I’d be interested though if the Wild trade him it’ll signal a rebuild and they’d want good prospects/picks.

1st + Bracco night entice them. But I don’t want the Leafs trading their 2020 one

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
I’d be interested though if the Wild trade him it’ll signal a rebuild and they’d want good prospects/picks.

1st + Bracco night entice them. But I don’t want the Leafs trading their 2020 one

I don't mind trading the 2020 first, but it would have to be a player with term longer than 1 season IMO.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014

I'd only trade the 2020 1st if that player is signed through at least 2021.

Finding a long term replacement for Kadri should be one of the priorities through draft/trade

kb

Aug 28, 2009
How about Dallas? They are in 3rd barely, but desperately need scoring help.

I know this isn't going to go over well, but what if you make a deal like

Kadri for Faksa + Nichushkin?

Faksa is well suited to a 3rd line role and is younger and half the price, and you hope to catch lightning in a bottle with Nichushkin.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
How about Dallas? They are in 3rd barely, but desperately need scoring help.

I know this isn't going to go over well, but what if you make a deal like

Kadri for Faksa + Nichushkin?

Faksa is well suited to a 3rd line role and is younger and half the price, and you hope to catch lightning in a bottle with Nichushkin.

I imagine that we'd be looking to consolidate our talent rather than to dilute it. We already have two NHL-calibre wingers who can't get playing time with the big club right now.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
It was the worst mistake he made all game and it was a reaction play. It was not really any different than the one Matthews had besides Matthews batting his out vs. Zaitsev lifting it out. Both had pretty much no time to think and they just needed the puck out.

It was unfortunate, but of all the fuel you could throw in the "Trade Zaitsev" pile, that is not making the list.
Why was he in a position to make that play? Maybe it was because seconds earlier he was burned by Armia, chasing him like a chicken with his head cut off.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Maybe the reason the leafs are looking at Glendening is because Kadri might be the one to
Their RHD.
Babcock would use Glendening as his 3C which he would love and he gets a top 4 RHD which he is also dying for.
I'd like to go after somebody a little younger if we're downgrading our 3C by that much.

They would have Aho, Staal, Kadri if we used him as a chip. I'd like to expand the deal and get Wallmark included as well. Would be cheao this year and next. Pretty good on the draws for a young guy (49.5%) and has a 56.6%CF

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
If Simmons and Ferland seem to high of a price to pay...I can definitely see more lower tier "Power Forward" type of players being targeted by the leafs.

Nick Ritchie?
Marcus Foligno?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Their RHD.

Jets need a center.

1. Brown and Borgman for Glendening and Kronwall (I like Borgman and think he has potential but Leafs are in win now mode.)
2. Kadri for Pesce
3. Kadri + Hamiltion for Laine and Niku

This assumes Leafs have a player in the AHL capable of playing in the NHL on a wing. Questionable.
But we know Glendening would be an upgrade on Gauthier, and could slot into 3rd. line slot.

Obviously, the Jets aren't trading Laine but it's minus 30 here and I don't want to look at my taxes.

It would be better just to do deal 1.

I'd guess the Blues are no longer in the sell market. Seems they are back in the hunt. Probably eliminates any possibility of them moving any defenders on their roster.

It will be interesting to see if the Avs are open for business.
Apparently, 1 scoring line isn't enough, who knew? :sarcasm:
Guess they'll be waiting for the draft, and might have 2 balls in play.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Jets need a center.

1. Brown and Borgman for Glendening and Kronwall (I like Borgman and think he has potential but Leafs are in win now mode.)
2. Kadri for Pesce
3. Kadri + Hamiltion for Laine and Niku

This assumes Leafs have a player in the AHL capable of playing in the NHL on a wing. Questionable.
But we know Glendening would be an upgrade on Gauthier, and could slot into 3rd. line slot.

Obviously, the Jets aren't trading Laine but it's minus 30 here and I don't want to look at my taxes.

It would be better just to do deal 1.

I'd guess the Blues are no longer in the sell market. Seems they are back in the hunt. Probably eliminates any possibility of them moving any defenders on their roster.

It will be interesting to see if the Avs are open for business.
Apparently, 1 scoring line isn't enough, who knew? :sarcasm:
Guess they'll be waiting for the draft, and might have 2 balls in play.

Way too many moving parts to be considering realistic

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
If Simmons and Ferland seem to high of a price to pay...I can definitely see more lower tier "Power Forward" type of players being targeted by the leafs.

Nick Ritchie?
Marcus Foligno?

Foligno is too much salary for what he is.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I would say just go all in with a deal with the Flyers (Simmonds + Gudas).

I think Connor Brown = Gudas.
I think Bracco + 2nd = Simmonds.

So...Brown + Bracco + 2nd......for Wayne Simmonds + Gudas

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Mathews-Kapanen
Simmonds-Kadri-Nylander
Marleau-Lindholm-Ennis

Rielly-Muzzin
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Gudas

Reactions: Cobra777

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Fair enough. Ritchie still seems reasonable.

Still hoping out for one of Simmonds or Ferland

Ritchie/Ferland/Simmonds is reasonable provided that it's something like Brown+a pick. I would like to keep our 2nd since we've dealt our 1st already.

If wingers start going and Carolina hasn't sold Ferland, they might not want to be left holding the bag with a guy like Ferland walking for nothing. A guy like Brown can be a bottom 9 forward for most teams in this league and he is still RFA after his current contract.

15 days to go :)

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I imagine that we'd be looking to consolidate our talent rather than to dilute it. We already have two NHL-calibre wingers who can't get playing time with the big club right now.
I agree to an extent. But there is a looming cap crisis.

This trade is predicated on a prior move of either Johnsson+ or Kapanen+ to the Canes for Pesce. And no one really knows what happens if you bring in Nichushkin and he gets to play with either Matthews or Tavares. Either he takes off and hits his immense potential, or gets bought out for peanuts. Faksa is younger, bigger, a better skater, and more suited for a third line C role than Kadri is. Only 12 points less on a team that has scored 52 less goals than the Leafs.

Kadri's numbers are taking a real hit behind Matthews and Tavares, and he just doesn't look to have the same spark or fire this season as compared to seasons past.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Ritchie/Ferland/Simmonds is reasonable provided that it's something like Brown+a pick. I would like to keep our 2nd since we've dealt our 1st already.

If wingers start going and Carolina hasn't sold Ferland, they might not want to be left holding the bag with a guy like Ferland walking for nothing. A guy like Brown can be a bottom 9 forward for most teams in this league and he is still RFA after his current contract.

15 days to go :)

For any top/middle six forward rental, Brown has to be in the deal.

Regardless of salary, simply for the roster crunch.

Lindholm can be sent down, but Gauthier needs to clear waivers.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
There are way too many good wingers available this TDL (Panarin, Stone, Simmonds, Zuccarello, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Ferland) . I really think that a lot of these guys are going to be traded for a lot less than we expect.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Their RHD.

Good thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad