Speculation: Speculation, Rumours, and Pretending to be a GM XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Hey guys, serious question here do you guys think (un-homerly) that you will finish higher than the Kings in the regular season?

Coin Flip. I like their Top 6 forwards and goaltending better and our Top 3 Defense and Bottom 6 forwards better. If I had to place bets it would be on the Flames as I think our team will be a nightmare on 3 on 3 with a guy like Brodie on tap.

Also do you think you will go further in playoffs?

I wouldn't bet on the Flames beating the Kings in a playoff series, but if they played each other it would go to 6 or 7 and game 7s can be coin flips.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hey guys, serious question here do you guys think (un-homerly) that you will finish higher than the Kings in the regular season?

I made 2 bets and am curious to know your fan base opinion
I think I will wait to see if Voynov gets deported before I make any predictions.

Aug 21, 2014
My point was that we've got a big left-shot with high skill and upside in our system. If we're giving up anything of value (Picks, Prospects) for any player, it has to be a player that fills a systemic need.

Hamilton filled a need for a big, young right-shot Top 4 defenseman. The other guy they were targetting was Tyler Myers, who also filled that same need.

Conroy / Treliving have stated that the biggest organizational need right now is a young right shot, Top 6 RW.

You make good points, however more darts get you a better chance at a bulls eye. A Brock Nelson Offersheet at a 3.6m AAV only cost the Flames capspace and a 2nd round pick. We'll be lucky for that 2nd round pick to make any impact in 5 years. Janko will need at least another year.

I think it's a tossup for regular season.

Pacific:

Anaheim
Calgary/LA
LA/Calgary

Playoffs, I dunno. :laugh:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I actually think we'll finish ahead of LA. I call it the Sutter effect. Sutter is usually very effective early on, but he does absolutely have a shelf life. I think his message will be tuned out by his players and I expect him to be fired within a year. I think LA will be a fringe playoff team and I have the Flames finishing 5th in the West.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Its really difficult to predict how Kings will do this season. They lost Voynov, Richards' situtiation is still unclear, has Sutter worn out his welcome (like somebody said earlier)... could be 2nd or 3rd in division or clearly missing the playoffs.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I think it will be close and we will probably play a 7 game series in the first round. But if Quick doesn't rebound and play better this year they won't make the playoffs

Quick had a good season last year. In fact, it's better than the season they won the cup in 2013/2014. In 2013/2014 he went 27-17-4 | 2.07 GAA | .915%.

This past season he went 36-22-13|2.24|.918%.

Quick would be having an unreal season if he was going to rebound from this past one.

it was the team in front of him that let him down.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Quick had a good season last year. In fact, it's better than the season they won the cup in 2013/2014. In 2013/2014 he went 27-17-4 | 2.07 GAA | .915%.

This past season he went 36-22-13|2.24|.918%.

Quick would be having an unreal season if he was going to rebound from this past one.

it was the team in front of him that let him down.
He didn't seem as consistent last year. Better numbers don't necessarily mean the season was better.

May 27, 2012
Earth
He didn't seem as consistent last year. Better numbers don't necessarily mean the season was better.

I guess, but the Kings were in the bottom half the league of goals for and had 15 OT/SO losses. They couldn't win those games to save their lives. Quick played 70+ games. You can only do so much if the team in front is doing anything well. Had LA won 3 of those OT/SO games they would have been in the playoffs. No one would be questioning Quick then.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011

Since Voynov is now officially not coming back to the Kings, I think there's a decent bet that the Flames finish higher.

TkachuckNotTkaczuk

Jan 21, 2015
Seattle
We definitely have the team that could finish above LA. But it will come down to goaltending, they have a true #1, we have two overpaid backups imo. Last year both of them had huge holes in their game. Rebound control wasn't good with either. Early easy goals on Hiller. Overplaying a cross crease move for Ramo which took him out of plays.

Now, Ortio on his call up looked good, composed, had decent rebound control, but is he ready to be a full time starter? Only given the chance will we ever know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad