OT: South Florida Visitors - post travel related questions here

Uncle Lou

Jun 20, 2010
New York
Hey guys, isles fan here. Flying down for the game on 10/16 with a buddy. Is there any covid mandates at the arena? Vaccine/negative test. I’m assuming not just wanna game sure before i go. Staying in Miami Beach how’s that drive from there to arena. Any bars around the arena to hang out prior to the game? Any help much appreciated. You guys got a solid squad looking forward to seeing what y’all can do this year. Thanks.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I don't think anything has been announced as far as requirements. Masks are recommended but I don't believe required anymore. More info can be found here, but again not sure if it's been updated for the 2021-2022 season

Fan Safety Guidelines | BB&T Center

As far as bars, the arena itself has several drinking areas of craft and domestic beers. The area itself is in the middle of nowhere Sunrise. There is Sawgrass Mills mall right across the street, which is one of the largest malls in the country. Plenty of places to eat and drink there, I recommend Yardhouse.

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
we've got a pinned thread about some of this stuff though some of the info might be dated.

OT: - South Florida Visitors - post travel related questions here

idk what the arena's policy will be, unaware if any announcement was made. but they went up to 75% capacity during the playoffs which sold out.

I live around the corner from the arena. Not much to do by way of "bars near the arena" but the Sawgrass Mills mall has an outdoor area with a cigar bar and mojito bar. haven't been to either so I can't comment. Shake Shack is right there and makes A+ burgers and sells beer by the bottle, right across from shake shack is yard house-okay if you have low expectations for food, because most of it is overpriced and sounds way better reading than it ends up being on your plate IMO. its fine for beer and simple cocktails and has maybe 100 TVs with sports.

bahama breeze is loaded with hockey fans before games. other places might be too.

you can definitely walk from anywhere in the sawgrass mall to the BBT.

other side of sawgrass has some corporate places. matchbox, seasons 52, pf changs, grand lux. all okay but might not be great options if you are looking to pregame.

texas de brazil is good and fairly priced for the experience but there are way better options at Miami beach. if you are into food I would definitely look closely at wynwood and south beach options. there's a restaurant owned/operated by a prominent NY chef I forget the name though.

upload_2021-9-15_17-1-39.png

Reactions: Chaos2k7

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Hey guys 2 quick questions. First , are the Panthers practice's open to the public still at all ? Also does anyone know where to get a cheap single ticket to the game vs the Caps on Thursday and the Canes on Saturday ? I'm trying not break the bank too much and suprisngly your guys tickets are more than Devils tickets so far this season. Maybe someone in here has a spair and they can sell me it for a fair price ? Would love to catch a game with a real die hard Panther fan too and talk some hockey. If anyone can provide any info I would appreciate it ! Good luck this season guys , can't wait to watch the Cats live in their barn. Been wanting to see a game down here for awhile now.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

patthebat

Sep 2, 2016
Fort Lauderdale
Hey guys 2 quick questions. First , are the Panthers practice's open to the public still at all ? Also does anyone know where to get a cheap single ticket to the game vs the Caps on Thursday and the Canes on Saturday ? I'm trying not break the bank too much and suprisngly your guys tickets are more than Devils tickets so far this season. Maybe someone in here has a spair and they can sell me it for a fair price ? Would love to catch a game with a real die hard Panther fan too and talk some hockey. If anyone can provide any info I would appreciate it ! Good luck this season guys , can't wait to watch the Cats live in their barn. Been wanting to see a game down here for awhile now.
Practices are closed to the public. for cheap tickets try Stubhub . I know there is another ticket selling company out there but I cant remember its name. Failing that just try the box office at the arena, it's open even when there is no game scheduled that day.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Parking is $20, so your options for getting the cheapest ticket possible:

1. If you want to park at the arena, buy at the box office, your ticket will also double as a parking pass.

2. Seatgeek or Stubhub will get you a cheaper ticket, but no parking pass. Sawgrass Mills Mall is located directly across the street from the arena, and loads of people just park at the mall and walk across before the game. Sunrise police direct traffic and there are thousands of people doing this, so it's pretty safe. You'll want to park near the outdoor area of the mall (Yard House, etc.) and head across near Gate 5 (the main entrance).

Good luck, my man. If you're on a budget, I recommend buying from a re-seller and parking at the mall. Hell, it's what most of the locals do.

Reactions: iam76 and Vilam

Jim ODonnell

Dec 20, 2018
I've yet to attend a game this year, but these tips have applied in seasons past . . .

Seatgeek has a decent level of activity on resale tickets.
There is not a lot of hand-to-hand scalper activity outside Panthers' games. The few times I've had scalper success it was in the Sawgrass parking lot across Sunrise Blvd, not in the rink's official lots.
I suggest you park at Sawgrass (for free), then you can look for ticket sales on the 15-minute walk to the venue.
As a single, you'll be able to move from your ticketed seat to anywhere in the upper bowl and some spots in the lower bowl.
If you end up visiting the box office lines at the venue, watch for anyone selling an unused ticket there, this happens with the will-call crowd at Panthers games.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
1. If you want to park at the arena, buy at the box office, your ticket will also double as a parking pass.
How long has that been a thing? I didnt even know about that. I'm assuming you'd have to buy your tickets earlier in the day first so you could use the parking pass at the game.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
How long has that been a thing? I didnt even know about that. I'm assuming you'd have to buy your tickets earlier in the day first so you could use the parking pass at the game.

Been the case for a number of years now. Occasionally they will have tickets for sale at the BO that don't haver parking included (?) so make sure you ask. And no, doesn't have to be same day.

If you live near the arena or are gonna be in the area and you like parking at the stadium it's usually not a bad bet. I do miss physical tickets, though.

Reactions: floridada

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I'm going to take public transportation there so I will he good on not having to worry about parking. I'll see what I can do for finding a cheap seat. Appreciate the replies in here guys. I hope you guys win both games but they are bott entertaining games. It will be so nice to catch a nom Devils game where I can just enjoy the show regardless who wins Haha.

HoCk4307

Aug 2, 2005
I am looking to possible come to a game next time I am in the area. are any of the all-inclusive premium club seats still open? I have read that some may be closed. The price is worth it if food and drinks are included, but if not I would get different seats. I am asking specifically about Lounge 954 and Corona Beach House.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
I am looking to possible come to a game next time I am in the area. are any of the all-inclusive premium club seats still open? I have read that some may be closed. The price is worth it if food and drinks are included, but if not I would get different seats. I am asking specifically about Lounge 954 and Corona Beach House.
Did you check stub hub or Ticketmaster? You can also call the arena.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017

Food and drink options at the arena are kind of limited now. No draft beer on tap (this is why attendance is down, Panthers social media team, I know you read this board) and all of the club level food options are gone.

I honestly don't think there's any reason whatsoever to sit in club level atm.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Food and drink options at the arena are kind of limited now. No draft beer on tap (this is why attendance is down, Panthers social media team, I know you read this board) and all of the club level food options are gone.

I honestly don't think there's any reason whatsoever to sit in club level atm.

wtf is up with that? is this some kind of public health measure?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
wtf is up with that? is this some kind of public health measure?
There is draft beer but ONLY at one location near the front. It’s craft beers which I don’t mind but the regular places with Coors Lite or Budweiser at the food court don’t. And yes, it was a health thing.

HoCk4307

Aug 2, 2005
Is it easy to go back and forth from the main level to the club level. If I buy club seats can I meet my friend on lower level between periods?

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Is it easy to go back and forth from the main level to the club level. If I buy club seats can I meet my friend on lower level between periods?
Yes very easy. Will need to show your tickets to re-enter the club level but anyone can get to the lower level concourse at any time

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
I’m buying tickets to the Panthers/Nashville game for my boyfriend. I’d like to sit in the 100 level but wanted to know if anyone had any favorite sections. He likes to be able to see all the action so I don’t want to get seats right up on the glass but also close enough to still be a great spot. Doesn’t matter which side we’re on as far as Panthers shooting twice, open to either end of the rink.

Would appreciate any section recommendations. Thanks!

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
I’m buying tickets to the Panthers/Nashville game for my boyfriend. I’d like to sit in the 100 level but wanted to know if anyone had any favorite sections. He likes to be able to see all the action so I don’t want to get seats right up on the glass but also close enough to still be a great spot. Doesn’t matter which side we’re on as far as Panthers shooting twice, open to either end of the rink.

Would appreciate any section recommendations. Thanks!
134, 133, and 132 are my favorites.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
might finally come down and attend a game.. maybe the Anaheim game. weeknight.. does anyone know a nice hotel to stay close by? walking distance? also would love to meet anyone if this happens.. will be there with the wife and kid

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
might finally come down and attend a game.. maybe the Anaheim game. weeknight.. does anyone know a nice hotel to stay close by? walking distance? also would love to meet anyone if this happens.. will be there with the wife and kid
Congratulations,

As far as I can tell, there is a Double Tree on Sunrise across from the Mall, and there seems to be a Marriott within the mall property. Those are the closest and while still walking distance, it would be a good 20 minute walk I recon.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad