OT: South Florida Visitors - post travel related questions here

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Congratulations,

As far as I can tell, there is a Double Tree on Sunrise across from the Mall, and there seems to be a Marriott within the mall property. Those are the closest and while still walking distance, it would be a good 20 minute walk I recon.

I believe that Marriott is where prayers without homes and the visiting team's stay.
At least that was the case last time I was down in a hotel.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
might finally come down and attend a game.. maybe the Anaheim game. weeknight.. does anyone know a nice hotel to stay close by? walking distance? also would love to meet anyone if this happens.. will be there with the wife and kid
Hilton Double Tree is best value/quality (in the sense its decent without breaking the bank). Its a 20-30 minute walk to the arena though, so not very walkable, I would advise you just drive to Saw Grass Mills mall and park for free and walk across the street to the arena

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
I thought about trying to sit in club red or whatever it's called now but maybe not lol...

best sections with a good angle? I prefer not being right in ice level

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
I thought about trying to sit in club red or whatever it's called now but maybe not lol...

best sections with a good angle? I prefer not being right in ice level
do they put numbers an name plates on jerseys at the arena shop?

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
see you fellas April 12th. first panther game with the fam. section 132 row 25

If you like to, or your with anyone that likes to shop then come a bit early and check out the mall right beside the Panthers arena. You don’t have to pay for parking and it’s a nice place to check out.

Even if your not a shopper it gives ya free parking lol

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
If you like to, or your with anyone that likes to shop then come a bit early and check out the mall right beside the Panthers arena. You don’t have to pay for parking and it’s a nice place to check out.

Even if your not a shopper it gives ya free parking lol
were staying at the hotel near by.. then hitting disney after

frxank

Mar 19, 2022
Hey all. Casual Flyers fan here. Going to be in the area in April and plan on cheering on giroux and the panthers on April 12.

Question is: where is best place to park with a wife and 2 young girls (ages 7 & 11)?

Reactions: iam76

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Hey all. Casual Flyers fan here. Going to be in the area in April and plan on cheering on giroux and the panthers on April 12.

Question is: where is best place to park with a wife and 2 young girls (ages 7 & 11)?
most say the mall.. seems like your kids are old enough for the walk. I will also be attending a home game that day for the first time.

*Jersey question. -> i plan on buying a jersey.. number and name plate.. i forget if this was answered here already but do they put both on right there? and how long does this take? Should i just order from them online and bring it with me for the trip?

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Greetings all. My family and I are relocating from Connecticut to Palm City this summer. I’ve got young kids that play hockey (as do I) and was hoping someone on the board has advice about what programs to choose. It looks like 2 rinks in the West Palm Beach area are the closest geographically.

Really any info about the youth hockey scene and to a lesser extent adult hockey would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: iam76

patthebat

Sep 2, 2016
Fort Lauderdale
most say the mall.. seems like your kids are old enough for the walk. I will also be attending a home game that day for the first time.

*Jersey question. -> i plan on buying a jersey.. number and name plate.. i forget if this was answered here already but do they put both on right there? and how long does this take? Should i just order from them online and bring it with me for the trip?
I would imagine that they will already have named and numbered CG jerseys ready for sale . If not, they will put them on for you. I think if you order a jersey ,say, in the first period, you can pick it up by the second period.

patthebat

Sep 2, 2016
Fort Lauderdale
Greetings all. My family and I are relocating from Connecticut to Palm City this summer. I’ve got young kids that play hockey (as do I) and was hoping someone on the board has advice about what programs to choose. It looks like 2 rinks in the West Palm Beach area are the closest geographically.

Really any info about the youth hockey scene and to a lesser extent adult hockey would be greatly appreciated.
Can not really help you with this one, other then to say it is about an hour drive from Palm City to WPB depending on traffic.

Reactions: Joe McGrath

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL

Closest rink would be in Lake Worth. It's adjacent to the Fl Turnpike on the east side. Depending on the time of day it could take 40 minutes with a little traffic to an hour or so at rush hour time. Traffic builds up just after the Palm Beach Gardens exit.

Reactions: Joe McGrath

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Closest rink would be in Lake Worth. It's adjacent to the Fl Turnpike on the east side. Depending on the time of day it could take 40 minutes with a little traffic to an hour or so at rush hour time. Traffic builds up just after the Palm Beach Gardens exit.
Thanks for this. I looked up the address of our new home and it’s 45 minutes from both Palm Beach Ice Works and Palm Beach Skate zone. Didn’t know if anyone had any preference for programs or rink in general though I realize it’s not all that close to Sunrise.

patthebat

Sep 2, 2016
Fort Lauderdale
I would imagine that they will already have named and numbered CG jerseys ready for sale . If not, they will put them on for you. I think if you order a jersey ,say, in the first period, you can pick it up by the second This jut arrived on one of my Panther newsgroups. You'll have no problem getting a CG jersery.
Screenshot_20220322-155636_Facebook[1].jpg

Hairz

Mar 22, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
Just wondering where the away teams typically stay? I will be attending the Panthers game when the Leafs come to down on April 23rd.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Just wondering where the away teams typically stay? I will be attending the Panthers game when the Leafs come to down on April 23rd.
One of the hotels on the beach in Lauderdale, I would imagine.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Thanks for this. I looked up the address of our new home and it’s 45 minutes from both Palm Beach Ice Works and Palm Beach Skate zone. Didn’t know if anyone had any preference for programs or rink in general though I realize it’s not all that close to Sunrise.
West Palm Beach rink is closer to Palm City than the rink right next to the turnpike in Lake Worth. Considering the usual traffic between the two rinks, West Palm seems much closer to Palm City

#2eddieshore

May 29, 2005
whats the playoff ticket situation? seems to be a fair few on Ticketmaster which confused me as expected them to be hard to get.

also, whats the atmosphere like at the games? considering coming to support.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
The atmosphere is good. Very loud, excited crowd in the playoffs, but I've honestly never seen anything too rowdy at a Panthers game. Pretty family friendly. Maybe consider bringing earplugs if you have sensitive ears, because with 20k in attendance it gets extremely loud.

Disclaimer: Visiting team fans can be dipshits. Caps fans were great in round one, however I fully expect Lightning fans to be very obnoxious in round two, as usual.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Hi all.

I am heading down to Ft Lauderdale & South Beach Saturday for a week. Haven't been since late 2019.

Unfortunately I see the Heat & Panthers are away next week. Are there any other events or shows worth looking into? Or is there any events happening that are worth attending? My schedule is pretty open.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad