OT: South Florida Visitors - post travel related questions here

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Hey guys - I'm a Habs fan staying in the Miami Lakes area for a few days. I wasn't planning to go to the Habs/Panthers game on Sunday (although I might!) but would love to watch the game at a sports bar. Any good places you'd recommend? I have a car and don't mind driving.

Also would consider buying tickets if available.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Hello all,

Visiting Fort Lauderdale 19-26 June after a week in Orlando.

Gutted I can’t see the Panthers again but anyone know what else is going on that time of year?

I see the Marlins are playing on the 25th June but I think that might be a bit tight - anyone know of anything else going on? Miami is do-able as well...

Cheers in advance.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Hello all,

Visiting Fort Lauderdale 19-26 June after a week in Orlando.

Gutted I can’t see the Panthers again but anyone know what else is going on that time of year?

I see the Marlins are playing on the 25th June but I think that might be a bit tight - anyone know of anything else going on? Miami is do-able as well...

Cheers in advance.

Definitely hit up Rocco’s Tacos in Las Olas.

Reactions: Beville

Skeletorrr

May 15, 2011
Finland
I'm going to be near Savannah for work until the first week of November 2019. I'm thinking of pushing the return flights a week or two back so I could come and watch the Panthers play. Anybody up for a meeting?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Hawks fan coming in peace. Looking to come down to Florida and see coach Q and your squad play the Hawks next year. What are some of the best value hotels that are relatively close to the stadium etc?

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Hawks fan coming in peace. Looking to come down to Florida and see coach Q and your squad play the Hawks next year. What are some of the best value hotels that are relatively close to the stadium etc?
Hotels in Sunrise are relatively expensive. Personally when I'm in town I stay at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Plantation. Close to the arena, clean and about as cheap as it gets for the area while still having a decent night. If you are driving to the game, park across the street at Sawgrass Mills Mall. 5-6 minute walk but you'll save the 20 bucks on parking

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Skeletorrr

May 15, 2011
Finland
Hi guys, im in Fort Lauderdale for vacation and I was wondering about the parking in BB&T center. I'm going to see the game vs Jets tonight. Do I pay on spot or should I buy a parking pass in advance? I saw that stubhub sells parking passes there.

OTC

Jul 11, 2018
Hotels in Sunrise are relatively expensive. Personally when I'm in town I stay at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Plantation. Close to the arena, clean and about as cheap as it gets for the area while still having a decent night. If you are driving to the game, park across the street at Sawgrass Mills Mall. 5-6 minute walk but you'll save the 20 bucks on parking
Thinking about seeing the Hawks play your Panthers in February. Should I lock in tickets now? I'm assuming the snow birds will help fill the arena. Thanks

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Thinking about seeing the Hawks play your Panthers in February. Should I lock in tickets now? I'm assuming the snow birds will help fill the arena. Thanks
I would, Saturday against a good team and Florida is playing well, will probably be 16-17k crowd

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Driving down to see the Panthers play the Flightless Seabirds this Saturday, Feb. 8th! I have my ticket (section 104) and a hotel reservation in Plantation close by but I have a few additional questions.

1. I read that the doors open 1 hour before puck drop, but is it possible to enter the Pantherland store from the outside without entering the arena for even earlier shopping fun? I have a nice Panthers t-shirt, but would like MORE!

2. Where is the Panthers Foundation table/area in relation to the main plaza level? They are selling mystery pucks this Saturday and I have an addiction to the dang things. :P

3. Is there an area where fans can see/greet/get autographs or pics the Panthers after a game? At Amalie Arena, there’s a place fans can wait right by the players’ parking lot so I was wondering if there is something similar at the BB&T Center.

4. Suggestions, please, as to the best concession areas (or the ones to avoid) in the Center or good food not too far away for before the game.

Thanks in advance for the info! Looking forward to cheering for the Cats in person!! :DD

patthebat

Sep 2, 2016
Fort Lauderdale
Driving down to see the Panthers play the Flightless Seabirds this Saturday, Feb. 8th! I have my ticket (section 104) and a hotel reservation in Plantation close by but I have a few additional questions.

1. I read that the doors open 1 hour before puck drop, but is it possible to enter the Pantherland store from the outside without entering the arena for even earlier shopping fun? I have a nice Panthers t-shirt, but would like MORE!

2. Where is the Panthers Foundation table/area in relation to the main plaza level? They are selling mystery pucks this Saturday and I have an addiction to the dang things. :P

3. Is there an area where fans can see/greet/get autographs or pics the Panthers after a game? At Amalie Arena, there’s a place fans can wait right by the players’ parking lot so I was wondering if there is something similar at the BB&T Center.

4. Suggestions, please, as to the best concession areas (or the ones to avoid) in the Center or good food not too far away for before the game.

Thanks in advance for the info! Looking forward to cheering for the Cats in person!! :DD

#1.. Not possible. Can not enter before the doors open.
#2.. Exit from Pantherland , turn RIGHT, walk a bit, you should see a bunch of table set up tothe left. That is where the Foundation usually is.
#3.. No. But if the Cats practice at the Panther den at Incredible Ice you can get autographs there and outside at the players parking lot.
#4..I'm told that the Pasta station is pretty good is, I cannot think what section one of them is located, but the other station is located in the club level area. Also the Turkey sandwich is very good. Cannot helo you out with any other recommendations,Hope someone else will.
#5..SHAMELESS PLUG.. Stop by the Booster Club table in section 124. Every home game we raffle off 3 Panther memorabilia ,pucks , sticks, sweathers, some autographed.
#6.. Enjoy the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
#2.. Exit from Pantherland , turn RIGHT, walk a bit, you should see a bunch of table set up tothe left. That is where the Foundation usually is.
#3.. No. But if the Cats practice at the Panther den at Incredible Ice you can get autographs there and outside at the players parking lot.
#4..I'm told that the Pasta station is pretty good is, I cannot think what section one of them is located, but the other station is located in the club level area. Also the Turkey sandwich is very good. Cannot helo you out with any other recommendations,Hope someone else will.
#5..SHAMELESS PLUG.. Stop by the Booster Club table in section 124. Every home game we raffle off 3 Panther memorabilia ,pucks , sticks, sweathers, some autographed.
#6.. Enjoy the game.

Thanks so much for the help! I’ll make a point to stop by the Booster Club table! Raffles are :heart:

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
#6.. Enjoy the game.

Had a great time despite the loss. The BB&T Center is a lovely arena! Loud fans who continually out shouted the Pens fans when the visitors started chants, very friendly people and decent food. I did visit the Booster Club table and participated in the pin exchange (what a great idea) ‘cause I saw the Strålman Coca-cola pin I never thought I’d be able to get! Thanks so much for the info! :heart:

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Random question: friend of mine is going to the game with me tonight and is thinking about bringing his 1 year old son. I remember back in the day it used to be free to bring in young kids, but just want to make sure that's still the case or would he need an extra ticket? Anyone know?

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Random question: friend of mine is going to the game with me tonight and is thinking about bringing his 1 year old son. I remember back in the day it used to be free to bring in young kids, but just want to make sure that's still the case or would he need an extra ticket? Anyone know?

From the Panthers website:

Season Ticket Holder Rules and Regulations

Children
Children two (2) years of age and older require a ticket to enter Florida Panthers games and events. Any toddler under age two (2) does not require a ticket but if they will sit on their guardian's lap during the event and not occupy an adjacent seat. Any child occupying their own seat (regardless of age) requires a separate ticket

Reactions: BeezKnees

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
From the Panthers website:

Season Ticket Holder Rules and Regulations

Children
Children two (2) years of age and older require a ticket to enter Florida Panthers games and events. Any toddler under age two (2) does not require a ticket but if they will sit on their guardian's lap during the event and not occupy an adjacent seat. Any child occupying their own seat (regardless of age) requires a separate ticket

That being said, I've gone to Major League Baseball games before with my son, who at the time was over two, and he got in for free. I just walked him and with no ticket. I figured if I ever got caught, I would just say that I thought it was 3 years old and go buy a ticket.

:sueme:

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Down from Canada and Going to the Easter Sunday game with the family tomorrow. Have never been to the arena let alone during a pandemic lol. Looking forward to it.

Are the concessions open? And if so, are they any good?

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Down from Canada and Going to the Easter Sunday game with the family tomorrow. Have never been to the arena let alone during a pandemic lol. Looking forward to it.

Are the concessions open? And if so, are they any good?
Yes they’re open. No they aren’t any good. It’s your typical overpriced mediocre stadium food unless you’re in one of the clubs which have decent food. Plenty of food options in the area surrounding the arena though.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Yes they’re open. No they aren’t any good. It’s your typical overpriced mediocre stadium food unless you’re in one of the clubs which have decent food. Plenty of food options in the area surrounding the arena though.
Second this - but there’s plenty of alcohol available. If you look for draft beer, they only have it across from the main Panthers store. Everywhere else it’s bottles.

I had the carved turkey sandwich today, it was surprisingly decent. I usually have the Cuban sandwich, which is okay as well.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Greetings. Not hockey related so I apologize. Heading to South Beach in like a month and wondering the best place to stay. Single 30-something guys trip. Is a place like Fountainbleu too far North from South Beach, or would it be better to stay someplace like Loews that's a little more central, or more around like the Art Deco district? I feel like as you go further South some of the areas get a little rough. I was there like 15 years ago though so I could be remembering wrong. Any tips would be much appreciated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad