Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Well that is a lie.

Laine said he eats at burger king!

;)

giphy.gif

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
If there actually is a divide in the room it is most definitely due to Maurice’s unjustified and obvious favouritism of the vets. His style of leadership creates a two tiered locker room. It’s painfully obvious.
Maybe Maurice is showing favouritism to those who are committing to the system...

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
Actually,over the last 2 months of the regular season, The top line had the poorest Corsi metrics...so, no.

The underlying metrics reveal that it is quite obvious that Maurice blindly favoured them.
So no? Cause the metrics are able to distinguish which players aren’t buying into the system, and how it affects the top line corsi? You can’t measure how much when you don’t even know who.. So your answer of a definite sounding “no” makes me dismiss any analytics you throw out there. Maybe Scheif is one of the players,

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
So no? Cause the metrics are able to distinguish which players aren’t buying into the system, and how it affects the top line corsi? You can’t measure how much when you don’t even know who.. So your answer of a definite sounding “no” makes me dismiss any analytics you throw out there

It looks like we’ll have to agree to disagree then. I feel it is painfully obvious that Maurice blindly favoured Scheif and Wheeler. He also never even attempted to split them up. I think most on thus forum would agree.

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
It looks like we’ll have to agree to disagree then. I feel it is painfully obvious that Maurice blindly favoured Scheif and Wheeler. He also never even attempted to split them up. I think most on thus forum would agree.
Like I said maybe Scheif wasn’t buying in, but who are you going to play at #1 Center? Al? JR? I doubt Little since we keep trying to replace him at the TDL. My point is you are trying to answer problems with analytics but the real fact is you don’t know what the problems are unless your part of the team. You only get to watch the result of undefined problems like the entire planet outside of the Jets locker room

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
So no? Cause the metrics are able to distinguish which players aren’t buying into the system, and how it affects the top line corsi? You can’t measure how much when you don’t even know who.. So your answer of a definite sounding “no” makes me dismiss any analytics you throw out there. Maybe Scheif is one of the players,

If the system was to cheat for offense and be out of position in their own end then they performed it to a T.

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
Like I said maybe Scheif wasn’t buying in, but who are you going to play at #1 Center? Al? JR? I doubt Little since we keep trying to replace him at the TDL. My point is you are trying to answer problems with analytics but the real fact is you don’t know what the problems are unless your part of the team. You only get to watch the result of undefined problems like the entire planet outside of the Jets locker room

I would agree with you there. We don’t know for sure because we are not in the locker room. However, if I would hazard a guess, it would be due to Maurice’s blatant favouritism towards vets.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I would argue that is a result of not playing the system correctly

Exactly my point, as team leaders for whatever reason they didn't adhere to it. That has a trickle down effect on the rest of the team. If the team leaders aren't doing what they are supposed to while still getting all the ice time then I am not surprised to see other players follow the lead and not adhere to the system.

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
I would agree with you there. We don’t know for sure because we are not in the locker room. However, if I would hazard a guess, it would be due to Maurice’s blatant favouritism towards vets.
I will say that is one of many possibilities....
Maybe Scheif is po that he will be making a lot less than Laine and Connor very soon who really knows? Maybe someone bagged someone else’s wife? Maybe Laine is lazy? Maybe Ehlers doesn’t try ? Maybe Blake is a D$&k, maybe Perrault points fingers but can’t back up his own game? Each different Scenerio would do something analytically different to each line or team or whatever..

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
Exactly my point, as team leaders for whatever reason they didn't adhere to it. That has a trickle down effect on the rest of the team. If the team leaders aren't doing what they are supposed to while still getting all the ice time then I am not surprised to see other players follow the lead and not adhere to the system.
Maybe it’s only the Wheeler , Buff and Little buying in... my point is you don’t know if it’s the vets, YG, Leaders, a combination. Maybe YG are rebelling?

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
I would argue that is a result of not playing the system correctly
Exactly! That first line was cheating responsible defensive zone roles-especially since January.

However, Maurice remained unjustifiably loyal. On the other hand, when younger players played irresponsibly they were punished with less ice time or being pulled from the following game or being demoted.

That time of favouritism is not healthy for for any work environment-EVERYONE must be held accountable.

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
Exactly! That first line was cheating responsible defensive zone roles-especially since January.

However, Maurice remained unjustifiably loyal. On the other hand, when younger players played irresponsibly they were punished with less ice time or being pulled from the following game or being demoted.

That time of favouritism is not healthy for for any work environment-EVERYONE must be held accountable.
Everyone must be accountable but everyone’s must be handled differently. When you lead you know which people need a kick in the butt, which ones need just a look , which ones need encouragement . It’s no different running businesses

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Everyone must be accountable but everyone’s must be handled differently. When you lead you know which people need a kick in the butt, which ones need just a look , which ones need encouragement . It’s no different running businesses

Well he clearly didn't push the right ones then as the unwanted behavior continued for the first line.

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016

Again, I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. You feel that Maurice’s unwavering loyalty to Scheif and Wheeler was appropriate leadership and worked for the betterment of the team. I hold the opposite opinion.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014

I would add that everyone must be held accountable equally (you probably meant that anyway). If Maurice's idea of accountability for Wheeler is a quiet word when they're alone and his idea of accountability for a young guy is benching or fourth line, accountability isn't going to do any good.

Kind of related: Wheeler's snippiness to reporters is an indication of a shortage of patience. I don't think that's a shortage a captain should have. Same thing for self-control (which is also manifest in his brainless penalties).

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
Well he clearly didn't push the right ones then as the unwanted behavior continued for the first line.
Agree with that... also just purely speculation but maybe the top line cheating may still give a better chance to win than the YG who he sees daily and knows are not ready. We will never know unless we get to live through his eyes

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
Again, I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. You feel that Maurice’s unwavering loyalty to Scheif and Wheeler was appropriate leadership and worked for the betterment of the team. I hold the opposite opinion.
I guess you know he kept them on the first together out of loyalty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad