Sony PS5 2

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Scarlet Nexus looks like the spiritual successor to Code Vein (but with good gameplay). Looking forward to it.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I like Returnal, but I wouldn't recommend anybody buy it at full price. There just isn't enough depth or volume of game there to warrant a full retail price.

Are you high? This game has tons of depth. This is like playing a coin op game that’s not linear. The game is different every time you Die. It was really buggy at launch but that’s games. It’s great now.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Scarlet Nexus looks like the spiritual successor to Code Vein (but with good gameplay). Looking forward to it.

It's weird because it looks like God Eater but is being made largely by the Tales team, afaik. Meanwhile the new Tales is being made by... the God Eater team.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
It's weird because it looks like God Eater but is being made largely by the Tales team, afaik. Meanwhile the new Tales is being made by... the God Eater team.
Yeah, especially with the twist at the end of code vein being
that it takes place in the godeater universe
who knows maybe this one is similar, though that would be kind of tired.
Meh, then it probably won't be anything that great.
Apparently its a team ninja game so it could be good. Though tbh I really hate Nioh 1 and 2. Can't overstate how overrated they are. The rest of their stuff is awesome though.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Apparently its a team ninja game so it could be good. Though tbh I really hate Nioh 1 and 2. Can't overstate how overrated they are. The rest of their stuff is awesome though.
They made Dissidia FF NT, a PS exclusive, so I'd be willing to bet it's another one. Unless they can 180° from how NT turned out, it will be a massive disappointment.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

Totally agree, I don't get how this game got so popular. It's not really well made.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I hated the distance fog in Horizon ZD so much, looks like its back harder than ever judging from the pre-roll footage

edit: Oh man this is like turok level fog I dont know why they do that

2: they took the "you can only climb brightly colored markers" thing to another level.

At least they added underwater locations, thats an improvement at least.

3: this game looks really good but I kind of hate aloy as a protagonist. too bland.

Last edited:

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
I just finished the first one, it's a fine game, but nothing special.

Watching the game play reveal and it looks more of the same.

Aloy talks to herself too much.

Horizon is the first game in a long time where after I looked to see if there were books or comics in that universe. I can do without it being Aloy content but the world they build is so cool.

Reactions: Jovavic

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
The graphics look excellent but I probably won't pick it up. I played Horizon for about 2 hours when it came out on PC but haven't touched it since.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Man I gotta say if you can get sackboy for cheap I really recommend it the levels with licensed music are so damn good.

Speaking of the licensed music, I can't imagine this game not getting delisted in a year or two.

Edit: I just realized most of if not all the songs are likely under Sony. Still I'm sure they still have to pay artists etc royalties.

Last edited:

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Man I gotta say if you can get sackboy for cheap I really recommend it the levels with licensed music are so damn good.

Speaking of the licensed music, I can't imagine this game not getting delisted in a year or two.

Edit: I just realized most of if not all the songs are likely under Sony. Still I'm sure they still have to pay artists etc royalties.
You don't have to pay royalties on music you own.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
I'm pretty sure the artist at the absolute minimum still get royalties, but again, I could be wrong. Time will tell..
Sorry, royalties was the wrong word choice. By Sony owning the music, they don't have to pay the license fee, which is what drives the cost of using the music. Royalties would not be paid to the artist on a per use basis, i.e. every time a song is played on the radio. Sony would pay a one time fee to the artist for inclusion in the game, and it would be a lot less due to Sony actually owning the music.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
God of War 2 and Gran Turismo 7 coming to PS4.

Hermen Hulst Q&A: What’s Next for PlayStation Studios

Considering the cost-cutting Sony has been doing of late, this may be a critical release for Polyphony Digital. They take forever to make games, they spend a ton of money making them... and they basically just finished a full generation (one of Sony's most successful generations) without a full release. They've basically been lapped by the Forza franchise.

I think if they fumble the GT game this generation, Sony could rationalize that they've succeeded without a premier GT title, and there's no reason to spend so much money on games that take so long to come out.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Got a PS5 this week and I'm enjoying it. Cold War looks improved over the PS4 version and the 120hz is nice. Even WZ looks sharper and the FPS nice and evened out. It's just plain easier to see now.

Man is the thing HUGE! :laugh:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Everybody with a PSN+ account should download VF5 Ultimate.

It's an update of VF5: Showdown, which is a god-tier fighting game, probably the best 3D fighter ever made.

This version runs on the newest Yakuza engine and looks great. I don't love all the artistic decisions they made in updating the fighters' faces (Akira isn't what I imagined he would look like, though he does look more distinctly Asian, which makes sense... always weird when Japanese characters like Akira and Ryu look like white dudes), but it's gorgeous overall.

Net code isn't great at the moment, but Sega says their working on it. Honestly, it's free, so even if you're not super into fighting games, it's great to have an elite one lying around for when friends come over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad