GDT: Somethings A Bruin At Home - #5 // Bruins @ Oilers // Oct 18 @ 7 PM MST // TV: SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Not gonna be able to watch this one. As long tmac keeps Benning to 5mins tonight I think we might have a chance.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
With Benning struggling I think they've got to try Bouchard with Nurse. However, they likely need to lean a bit heavier on their top 3 dmen for ice time, so perhaps Russell takes a couple extra shifts with Nurse so that neither Bouchard or Benning don't get much higher than 10 minutes of 5-on-5 time, unless one of them is having a really good game.

So perhaps you run the bench like this to start and try to time up the double shifts closer to TV timeouts.

77-6
25-75
4-83
77-6
25-4
77-6
25-75
4-83....

and if one of Benning or Bouch look to be having a good game possibly switch it up a bit to get them a bit more time with Nurse.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

I'd blame Garrison just based on this

he practically gets out of the way on the first goal

Garrison was essentially put on a 2 on 1 situation there. Does he cover the guy in front of the net to stop the easy one timer tap in or does he take the eventual shooter. He does what most Defenceman are sposed to, take the pass and let the goalie handle the shooter. On Oilers Now, Louie weighed in on the first goal and essentially said when you've been scratched like Benning has, you start to overthink the game instead of play instinctually in an attempt to avoid mistakes. Saying that Benning was overthinking it and committing too much on the man to man defence aspect, which then leads him to chase a Jets player into no mans land instead of instinctually covering the dangerous man driving to the net. So Imma side with Louie on this one and say it was a Benning screw up.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Letting 3 goals in early in the game has gotta stop.

Its a horrible reminder of last year. Need to make some big saves early for once.

We said the same shit last year, and when Dubnyk and the 5 or so starting goalie tryouts after Dubnyk failed. The only year we didn't say this was when the Oilers had a complete NHL defence in 16-17. So this year, we are again 1 to 2 d men short of a legit NHL crew and we gonna blame the goalie again?!

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
?

I know you just landed in Edmonton and are hyped up for the game, but it's a little early to be this hammered my dude. :sarcasm:

Nah, with family. Not drinking (or smoking). Prettty pumped for this game. I just think Puju will do good on this line. Yams is too small and is losing battles.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Zero shots is still zero shots. On a line that absolutely needs offense that's not acceptable. 7 shots between him, Draisatl and Yamamoto at nearly a game's worth of ES time is remarkably sad.
It's why they aren't a line anymore. Nobody on that line was meeting expectations at even strength.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
Nah, with family. Not drinking (or smoking). Prettty pumped for this game. I just think Puju will do good on this line. Yams is too small and is losing battles.

You are beyond mortal men my dude.

Also, Bouchard is prime 13 or 30 material. Dude vexes me. Huge hockeycrush on him though.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I wouldn’t be too concerned with Benning and Bouchard as a pairing. I doubt they’ll see more than 6 or 7 minutes together. We Will lean heavily on the top 4 I bet.

Reactions: oXo Cube

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
You are beyond mortal men my dude.

Also, Bouchard is prime 13 or 30 material. Dude vexes me. Huge hockeycrush on him though.
Thx pal. I wanna see Bouchard. My buddies were in Boston last week and said our D was pretty week. Hopefully we play like 3rd period in Winnipeg

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Ugh 1 Defenceman that in the lineup that WILL make mistakes is bad, 2 that are essentially guaranteed to make mistakes is a recipe for disaster. Like I've said for 2 failed off seasons in a row, Chia has done jack shit to address the biggest glaring holes on our team.

Reactions: harpoon

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Ugh 1 Defenceman that in the lineup that WILL make mistakes is bad, 2 that are essentially guaranteed to make mistakes is a recipe for disaster. Like I've said for 2 failed off seasons in a row, Chia has done jack **** to address the biggest glaring holes on our team.
Without derailing the thread too hard, this is the biggest indictment against him.

Even our top pairing isn't that solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad