GDT: Somethings A Bruin At Home - #5 // Bruins @ Oilers // Oct 18 @ 7 PM MST // TV: SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
I expect a statement game from Drai tonight.

Now, what that statement says is TBD.

Drop pass from the right side into the trailing defender that leads to a breakaway goal in the first.
Then two points when he gets put into Rattie's spot.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Without derailing the thread too hard, this is the biggest indictment against him.

Even our top pairing isn't that solid.

True. I like Larsson a lot, and Klefbom has his moments. But even in 16-17 all we really had was an average NHL defence, but atleast it was an NHL defence. So take that average D, an above average goalie, and Connor you have a playoff contender (not a Cup contender). With Sekera out were not an NHL D. With one injury to our top 3, the seasons over.

Reactions: RegDunlop

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
This board has been suggesting, something like this for months..Stubborn ass Todd...

TMac can do no right for a lot of posters. Objectivity isnt exactly a strong suit here.
Some people say hes stubborn...others might say he is patient. I am leaning to the latter considering how knee jerk reactions are the norm in these parts.

So I dont put a lot of stock in the so called majority opinion on here.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Oilers will want to get a little revenge from the trash from last week against the Bruins. Looking forward to them playing better than the last 4 games and another big game...incoming...

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It means I was wrong and corrected myself with lazy humor.

Fitting adjective considering your user name and avatar. ;)

Also fitting that the word lazy has German roots. :nod:

In all seriousness...Draisaitl really needs to find a sense of urgency in his game.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
Oilers will want to get a little revenge from the trash from last week against the Bruins. Looking forward to them playing better than the last 4 games and another big game...incoming...

Hopefully. This could be the start of a big streak if they win with authority tonight.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Burke on Oilers Now had some interesting comments today about NHL D Men and how long to know what you have with them:

Talon says it's about 3oo games and you know.
Quinn used to say about 400 games and then you know.
Burke thinks in today's NHL it's more like 240 games and you know what you have.

So looking at Oilers youngish D men and games played:
Larsson - 420 GP
Klefbom - 232 GP
Benning - 138 GP
Nurse - 201 GP

So Larsson probably is what he is at this point. Klefbom close to it or still has some time depending on if you trust Burke more or Talon. Nurse too surprisingly getting close to that 240 GP mark. And Benning technically has time to show more, but I for one have seen enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad