GDT: Somethings A Bruin At Home - #5 // Bruins @ Oilers // Oct 18 @ 7 PM MST // TV: SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I was at the game last night. (Friend won tickets before I get any accusations)

The Bruins looked terrible after the first 5 minutes. Rask and the top line (yes I know they scored twice) looked especially bad. Marchand was a turnover machine and the score could've been much worse. Their "vaunted" power play could've made the 2017-18 Oilers blush.

I'm expecting they'll bounce back tonight. Was hoping we'd face Rask and not Halak.

Reactions: dustrock

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Looking forward to tonight's game. The team looks much better coming back against the Jets, and I suspect they got some confidence from that win. I think Draisaitl will be better tonight, and I think that Bouchard will have an impact on the game in a positive way.

Is Bouchard drawing back in for Benning?

I think Garrison needs to be on a really short leash. I wouldn't dump him after a few poor games but a few more and they need to cut bait and call up Gravel.
Ok, I see it's Bouchard-Benning. I actually prefer Garrison-Bouchard, don't like pairing Bouchard with another struggling young player with one being on their off side.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Ever the optimist:thumbu:
We are playing against a backup that we often struggle with. Boston got spanked last night so they are going to come out hot. We struggle with starts all season so far. We have no defensive match to Boston's top line.

I could be completely wrong.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal

I think Garrison needs to be on a really short leash. I wouldn't dump him after a few poor games but a few more and they need to cut bait and call up Gravel.
Am I wrong in thinking Bear is a better option?

I know 2 rookie dmen is generally bad news, but this is a weaksauce D, and Bear/Bouch are better than the lot of depth guys we're carrying.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
I would honestly be floored if Benning and Bouchard are paired. Makes literally no sense given Benning is awful on his good side, how bad can it get on the left?
TMac let it not be so...

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I would honestly be floored if Benning and Bouchard are paired. Makes literally no sense given Benning is awful on his good side, how bad can it get on the left?
TMac let it not be so...
The other option is him putting Benning in the top 4...

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
The Bouch is Loosh.!

I hope our depth takes Khaira Business.

I hope they Reid that second line Drai, and don't Pul them.

9-0 Oilers. McDavid with an 8 point night.

Lol you don't think McDavid is better than Gagner? 11 points and he shuts up leaf sittler worshippers forever.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Am I wrong in thinking Bear is a better option?

I know 2 rookie dmen is generally bad news, but this is a weaksauce D, and Bear/Bouch are better than the lot of depth guys we're carrying.

I honestly think both Bouchard and Bear in the lineup is best for the team but coaches, this one in particular, has a vet preference. Both in the lineup would also allow Nurse and Russell to be on separate pairings which would balance out the D and also maintain a lefty-righty combo on each pairing with all on their natural side and give an offensive threat to each pairing. It just makes sense IMO outside of the inexperience thing.

I don't know how much longer they can let Benning play through his mistakes. His pairing is actively costing the team games, just about sunk them last game as well. Hopefully he plays better at home and Todd matches his pairing against the weakest lines. I wonder which of Benning or Bouchard is playing the left side.
Actually, I'm assuming they go back to Benning on the 2nd pairing now that I think about it. Ugh

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Ok, I see it's Bouchard-Benning. I actually prefer Garrison-Bouchard, don't like pairing Bouchard with another struggling young player with one being on their off side.
How would he not? I mean everyone saw that game.

Reactions: Mr McV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->