GDT: Somethings A Bruin At Home - #5 // Bruins @ Oilers // Oct 18 @ 7 PM MST // TV: SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
It's not ideal but I would go Nurse Bouchard, Russell Benning.

Just need to hard match Klef Larsson against their top line.

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
The lower two pairs of D will probably get shuffled throughout the game. Will be interested to see how that goes.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Why are people trying to work Benning into the lineup? He's been horrible as usual, sit him!

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
It's not ideal but I would go Nurse Bouchard, Russell Benning.

Just need to hard match Klef Larsson against their top line.
You can go with the pairs while always having the option to move Russell up if you think Bouchard is having some struggles (or if Benning is somehow playing well)

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Those two opening goals against were on Garrison. Hence Garrison sitting.
I guess and fair, but Garrison atleast improved over the game, Benning was just awful the whole way.

Also, I think would lean the first goal more on Draisaitl for utterly loosing Lowry behind the net.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Those two opening goals against were on Garrison. Hence Garrison sitting.

Lol I saw it differently. I see Drai losing his check cause Benning is chasing another Jets player right into picking Drai and instead of Benning identifying he should probably not chase a Jets player going into the corner that's running into Drai he should take the guy driving to the net instead.

In the second goal Garrison turned it over, that's on him, but that goal could have goal could have prevented if Benning instead of standing around like a f***in deer in the head lights not knowing what to do after the Jets first shot, he collapsed to the net like any D man should in that situation, he would have fished that trickler out from behind Talbot.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Feel free to use any non-Bergeron line vs. McDavid shifts as bathroom breaks. We're a little bit different than you guys, but it's basically still just as top heavy at the end of the day.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
They actually have the opportunity to shelter Garrison - Benning at home, not an option on the road.

The Oilers won two games with Garrison in the line up. Yes, he made mistakes, but he also made a heady play on the GTG in Winnipeg. He's a no. 6/7. The problem is that Benning is a no.6/7 too.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Feel free to use any non-Bergeron line vs. McDavid shifts as bathroom breaks. We're a little bit different than you guys, but it's basically still just as top heavy at the end of the day.

Got the D to help keep things stable when those guys are off the ice though. That doesn't really happen with the Oilers :)

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The lower two pairs of D will probably get shuffled throughout the game. Will be interested to see how that goes.

I agree.
The Bouchard/Benning pairing is risky.

The Oilers REALLY need the 2015/16 Benning to find himself. I get why TMac has so much patience for the player.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Lol I saw it differently. I see Drai losing his check cause Benning is chasing another Jets player right into picking Drai and instead of Benning identifying he should probably not chase a Jets player going into the corner that's running into Drai he should take the guy driving to the net instead.

In the second goal Garrison turned it over, that's on him, but that goal could have goal could have prevented if Benning instead of standing around like a ****in deer in the head lights not knowing what to do after the Jets first shot, he collapsed to the net like any D man should in that situation, he would have fished that trickler out from behind Talbot.

I'd blame Garrison just based on this

he practically gets out of the way on the first goal

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Just watching the team interviews from yesterday, I wish the media would quit asking the other players what they think of Connor's greatness lol.
That's the way they roll. Instead of asking legit questions about issues they continue to ask the same thing game after game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->