Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Man City and Chelsea are trying to poach Nnamdi Collins from Dortmund. He turned 16 in January and plays CB. Collins is the biggest talent in the Dortmund academy, aside from Moukoko. He already trains with the first team.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
This board has become a dangerous place for making lists as we used to thanks to various dynasty league participants. That said I'm still probably going to do one for the Netherlands talents again sometime soon (maybe when the current Dynasty draft is over). I'll probably also include a side list or 'special mentions' for a few players that aren't Dutch if I've seen enough of them to comment on how good I think they'll be.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
This board has become a dangerous place for making lists as we used to thanks to various dynasty league participants. That said I'm still probably going to do one for the Netherlands talents again sometime soon (maybe when the current Dynasty draft is over). I'll probably also include a side list or 'special mentions' for a few players that aren't Dutch if I've seen enough of them to comment on how good I think they'll be.
This is why I don’t like the dynasty leagues! I prefer the content

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I make a yearly ranking here of the best American prospects. Here is a list for 2020.

I'm going to keep the same parameters that I kept last year for the age groups. 2001-2005 age groups. Players born in 1997 are still eligible for youth competitions, but a player born in 1997 is so far ahead in their career of one born in 2005 that it would make no sense to be putting them on the same list. Ranking is based mostly on potential, but play in the professional game does matter. I chose to split up field players and goalies this year.

Goalies:

1. Damian Las(Fulham FC-2002): Real commanding presence in goal. Leader at the back. Capable of stealing games. Best part of his game are incredible reflexes, but he's also very good on aerial balls, makes few errors, and he's good with his feet. Only 6'1, but that hasn't been a problem yet.
2. Chris Brady(Chicago Fire-2004): Very high floor for a goalkeeper. Makes almost no mistakes for a young keeper, good off his line, good height at 6'4 and above-average reflexes. Needs to work on his feet.
3. Jeff Dewsnup(Real Salt Lake-2004): Highest potential keeper on this list. Excellent combination of height, athleticism, ability to play out of the back and decision making. He isn't yet the top performer, but he's close to it. If he improves the small details, he could be really good.
4. SethWilson(FC Dallas-2002): Big presence in net, catches everything contested in the air, very good reflexes for a bigger keeper. Been a consistent force for years in the best academy in the country. Feet are mediocre.
5. David Ochoa(Real Salt Lake-2001): Nearly won the starting goalkeeper job for the first team. He has good height. Outside of that, I find that he's very average across the board. Not the most talented and slightly raw. Still, you can't discount that he's very close to a first team impact at 19.
6. Gabriel Slonina(Chicago Fire-2004): Odd situation, as you can tell with this list. Two young first team keepers for Chicago in the same age group. It's an interesting back story. Slonina is huge. He's 6'5 already. He's a little like Ochoa. Talented, but slightly raw, and lacks the highest ceiling.
7. Eliot Jones(New England Revolution-2003): Another kid off that same Ochoa/Slonina tree. Good size, pretty well-rounded keeper, but also has a long way to go in his development. Plays in a weak academy, so he's under the radar.
8. Andrew Cordes(Colorado Rapids-2003): A very gifted athlete. You can tell this kid excelled in other sports. He has a very sturdy build and is under-sized, but plays much bigger than his size. Excellent shot-stopper. Good with his feet, as well. Main issue is that he's only around 6'1.
9. Emmanuel Ochoa(San Jose Earthquakes-2005): Probably the hardest player on either list to evaluate because he plays in an age group where goalies are barely challenged physically. He has good height, has good reflexes, and can play out of the back. Hard to tell much more than that.
10. Max Trejo(Sporting Kansas City-2002): Really like this kid's reflexes. He can make some crazy saves, and he doesn't have bad height. But he's a little raw. Mostly just an athlete at this point.

Field Players:

1. Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund-2002): The most proven at the top level, and has developed extremely well in the last year, so he’s earned the top spot. Great all-around athlete. Positionally versatile. Very good, not great, set of attacking skills. No real weaknesses.
2. Moses Nyeman (DC United-2003): #10 with great talent, but declining dominance. Elite level sense, combination play and passing vision. Small, but adequate athlete. Can show great creativity and dribbling, but it’s too inconsistent. Needs to play more aggressive.
3. Jonathan Gomez (Louisville City-2003): Very talented LB. Recently left FC Dallas due to a falling out between the club and his camp. Rubber stamped to sign in Europe at 18. Such a good player. Does everything well. Not many fullbacks can tilt the field. He can.
4. Nati Clarke (Sporting Kansas City-2005): A CB with a tremendous set of tools. Can really run the game from CB. People rave about his intangibles. Consistently captains teams he plays for. Great personal story. Adopted at age 5 from Ethiopia. Came from destitution.
5. Taylor Booth (Bayern Munich-2001): All-around midfielder who can do some of everything. Excellent soccer IQ and passing range. No real weaknesses, except for height. Can play as a #6, #8 or #10. I think he’s best as a #6.
6. Quinn Sullivan (Philadelphia Union-2004): A #10 with tremendous sense. Can survey the whole field around him. Excellent passing vision and playmaking creativity. Good size, adequate athlete and has positional versatility. Stylistically reminds me of Kaka. High ceiling.
7. Ricardo Pepi (FC Dallas-2003): Classic #9 in a good development environment. Target forward, but very athletic and fast. Excellent goal scoring record. Can finish in every way. Very good foot-skills. So many tools. No real weaknesses, but needs time to develop. High ceiling.
8. Ulysses Llanez (Wolfsburg-2001): A winger who was recently promoted to the first team at Wolfsburg. Already capped for the National Team. Very fast with excellent acceleration, great dribbling, especially ball control. Plays LW and always going for goal. Playmaking needs work.
9. Elton Chifamba (Columbus Crew-2003): An all-around midfielder. Can pass, tackle, covers a lot of ground, and has pretty good skills. A little inconsistent, and height isn’t ideal. Versatility to play either as a 6 or 8.
10. Gage Akalu (Sporting Kansas City-2005): Really productive attacking midfielder. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen him not play well. He has very good dribbling and creativity, he passes the ball well, can play LW, RW, CAM. Left footed kid. Sense is only around average.
11. Julian Araujo (LA Galaxy-2001): I’m a huge fan of this guy, but his development has not went well in recent years. A position switch from CB to RB has not helped, and his club team doesn’t play young players. Still has a very high floor. No real weaknesses.
12. Danny Leyva (Seattle Sounders-2003): A box to box midfielder with excellent sense. Very good on the ball with his passing and foot skills. Adequate size. Athleticism looks awkward and movement is not swift, but I think it plays better than it looks.
13. Tanner Tessman (FC Dallas-2001): A big box to box midfielder who has shown a very good development curve over the last few years. Very athletic, but can really pass and has good skill. Capable defender, but inconsistent physicality defensively.
14. Chris Thaggard (Charlotte MLS-2005): First academy signing of a not-yet named MLS Expansion team for 2021. Can play anywhere in attack, likely best as a winger. Very athletic, excellent dribbling creativity, and a prolific goal scorer. Sense and passing isn’t bad either.
15. Kobe Hernandez-Foster (Wolfsburg-2002): LB who will be joining Wolfsburg when he turns 18 in June. Almost all his value is driven by his ability going forward, which is excellent. Great passing, crossing, can dribble. Athleticism and defensive value is around average.
16. Konrad de la Fuente (FC Barcelona-2001): A winger not far from the Barcelona first team, but his stock has dropped. Unfortunately, his speed is very average and his end product has stagnated. Good sense, combination play, and some skill. Ceiling isn’t high, but high floor.
17. Casey Walls (San Jose Earthquakes-2001): CB with above-average size, tremendous build up play from the back, and pretty good defensive play. He’s a little slow, but not terribly. He’s very creative with how he moves the ball forward. Reminds me stylistically of Mats Hummels.
18. Mauricio Cuevas (LA Galaxy-2003): RB with a good all-around skill-set. Very good soccer IQ. Average defensive game and athleticism, and a real big asset going forward. Best crosser of the ball in the youth player pool. Unfortunately, his club team doesn’t integrate youth.
19. Brandan Craig (Philadelphia Union-2004): Club team moved him to CB. I think he’s a #6. Also has played RB. Tall and very lanky. Incredible passing range, so good he takes free kicks, despite his height and position. Good sense and defending. Athleticism could be an issue.
20. Reed Baker-Whiting (Seattle Sounders-2005): Bruising box to box midfielder. He’s tall and lanky with good mobility. Incredible defensive player. Wins every challenge. He plays with minimal flash. Plays north to south, but is a very good passer and has a good soccer IQ.
21. Dantouma Toure (New York Red Bull-2004): A center forward with incredible speed and quickness. Defenders struggle so much with his pace. He’s left footed, a pretty good finisher, and crafty running with the ball. Sense and combination play is a little raw, but not terrible.
22. Antonio Leone (Los Angeles FC-2004): Big CB who has a stocky build. Very good athlete, strong, good in the air. Passes the ball very well out of the back. Not a bad defender, but can be beat defensively. Elite CB’s usually defend better, so he needs to work on that.
23. Chris Garcia (Real Salt Lake-2003): Dynamic speed at winger. He can run by anyone, but also has pretty good dribbling ability, passing and creativity. He's a little inconsistent and makes some bad decisions, but he's improving in this area.
24. Sam Sarver (Columbus Crew-2003): Very fast winger. He has a very direct and simple approach. He's clinical in the final third. Always makes the right decision. Not the biggest or most skilled, but he makes plays because of his speed, soccer IQ and approach.
25. Joe Scally (New York City FC-2002): Athletic RB. Big, powerful, great leaper, fast. Excellent defensively. Mediocre technique, but able to make offensive plays due to sense and aggressiveness. Might eventually be a CB or CM. Born on December 31. Will move to Gladbach in 2021.
26. Zach Booth (Real Salt Lake-2004): Very similar player to his older brother. All around CM. A little under-sized, but a pretty good athlete for his size. Can pass the ball, run with it, good soccer IQ and skill on the ball. Can play as a #6, #8, #10. I've even seen him play in defense.
27. Francis Jacobs (Orange County SC-2005): Already a professional player. Very big and athletic CM with size, power, athleticism. Good sense. Passes the ball well, and can play both sides of the game. I don't know how good his offensive skills are, but he has a high floor for a player his age.
28. Tarun Karumanchi (San Jose Earthquakes-2003): Big holding midfielder with incredible poise on the ball. Looks almost lackadaisical on the ball, at times. Great passing range. Doesn't move the best, but he's a good defensive player, and covers a lot of ground due to his defensive instincts.
29. Fabrizio Bernal (San Antonio FC-2003): Very raw. Can probably play anywhere in attack. Reminds me a lot of Gio Reyna. Great athlete, technique, dribbling, creativity. Only in his first season in the main development league, so he's needed some adjustment. High upside.
30. Jose Gallegos (San Antonio FC-2001): Stocky attacking midfielder. Can play winger or centrally. I think he's best as a winger. Dribbles well, has some good quickness and passes the ball well. I think his decision making in the final third could use some improvement.
31. Alfonso Ocampo-Chavez (Seattle Sounders-2002): Really good goal scoring striker. He's a little under-sized. That’s the main concern with his game. He does a lot well, and is an elite finisher who can score in every way. Reminds me a lot of Chicharito Hernandez.
32 Tristan Viviani (San Jose Earthquakes-2004): A former winger who has adapted well to LB. He's a very good athlete, and defends extremely well. Good size and pretty physical. Technique is pretty average, but he combines well, is aggressive offensively and has a high soccer IQ.
33. Marcelo Mazzola (Philadelphia Union-2005): All around striker. Can also play out wide, but he's best suited as a #9. Does almost everything well and has elite movement. A real pain for defenders to deal with. Needs to work on his finishing. It's not bad, but he's not clinical.
34. Leo Torres (San Antonio FC-2004): Left-footed attacker. Can play either wing or CAM. Good creativity, dribbling and playmaking combination. Not a bad athlete. Like his soccer IQ and decision making.
35. George Bello (Atlanta United-2002): Good dribbler at LB with excellent acceleration. Pretty good technique for an athletic full-back. Combines well in attack. Defensive positioning, turnovers and injuries are a problem. Club has a bad early history of young Americans, as well.
36. Owen Otasowie (Wolves FC-2001): Huge central midfielder. Really good athlete. Good passing ability and ball carrying. Covers a lot of ground and tackles well. Can also play CB. Soccer IQ needs some work. Already has gotten into a few games with the first team.
37. Travian Sousa (Hamburg-2001): LB with dynamic dribbling skills. Really fast and creative dribbler. Defensive game is a big work in progress. It's getting better, but needs a lot of work. He started out as a winger, so it may be a project. Close to a first team debut.
38. Cameron Harper (Celtic FC-2001): Very direct winger. Good speed. He combines well with teammates. More of a goal-scorer than passer, but he can set up some plays. I don't know how good his skills are, but I like his approach. Close to a debut with the Celtic first team.
39. Jacob Akanyirige (San Jose Earthquakes-2001): Very fast CB with a good read of the game. Not the biggest kid. Needs to bulk up. His technique is about average, but he's a very progressive carrier of the ball. Has struggled with some injuries in recent years. December 31 birthday.
40. Tayvon Gray (New York City FC-2002): Very fast CB. Reads the game well defensively. Not the biggest and not the best passer. Can also play RB or DM pretty well. Not a high upside kid, but a reliable player with versatility.
41. Josh Atencio (Seattle Sounders-2002): Big holding midfielder. Good feet. A little slow. His defense is very inconsistent. It's pretty good, but he definitely still has too many big errors.
42. Bryan Moyado (LAFC-2005): He's probably better than most listed higher, but I've seen a recent improvement that I need to see more of. Big holding midfielder with incredible defensive instincts. Wins back the ball so easily. Good feet. A little slow.
43. Alexis Luna (Stanislaus United FC-2005): Playing in the middle of nowhere in a lower league. I've only seen him play once. It's hard to rank him higher because of the level of play. Winger with great speed and dribbling ability. Very talented player. Could move up a lot in next few years.
44. Fede Oliva (Atletico Madrid-2004): Big athlete who can play anywhere in attack, runs well with the ball and can combine. Not much in the way of technical skills or creativity yet, but maybe that part of his game develops.
45. Dominic Dubon (Philadelphia Union-2005): Well rounded playmaker. Can do some of everything. Capable of playing wide or centrally. I don't know if he's dynamic enough to be a star, but he's still young.
46. Anton Sorenson (Philadelphia Union-2003): He's a LB with athleticism and dribbling ability. His soccer IQ is high and he defends pretty well.
47. Kevin Paredes (DC United-2003): Left-footed RW who cuts onto his left and creates plays. Can pass, shoot for goal, combine. Average athlete. This style of play works better when you can run by players easier than he does.
48. Alan Carleton (Atlanta United-2005): Some of the same skills as his older brother, but he's not as offensively talented. Really good passing vision, soccer IQ and combination play. Good motor, but might be an athletic tweener between #8 and #10.
49. Jonathan Villal (Atlanta United-2005): Teammate and similar player to the guy right above him. Fun tandem to watch play. Villal is probably also best as a #10, but he's a little quicker. Above-average playmaker and dribbler. Good soccer IQ and combination play. Can also play out wide.
50. Justin Reynolds (Chicago Fire-2004): Really high IQ RB. Tremendous read of the game defensively, so he rarely gets himself in trouble, but he also has the speed to recover, if needed. Offensively, he can combine and has passable technique. Gets by offensively more on his sense.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Is it though? I'd say the talents posted here are generally well known and somewhat easy to form an opinion on despite this thread. I won't lie and say I didn't look at it, but it was generally after I'd formed an opinion on a player.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Is it though? I'd say the talents posted here are generally well known and somewhat easy to form an opinion on despite this thread. I won't lie and say I didn't look at it, but it was generally after I'd formed an opinion on a player.
Given I have lists on players I follow in the Netherlands into 2005 born there’s a very good chance that most people here have never heard of a good portion of them.

Plus knowing where and how I rank these players, even if they’re already known, could influence where they get taken or how aggressively they get picked. I’ve already seen it happen multiple times in our drafts.

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Inter are close to finalising the deal for Greek right back Georgios Vagiannidis, who is currently playing for Panathinaikos, according to a report from today’s paper edition of the Milano based newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport.
The report details how the 18-year-old Greek full back’s contract expires with Panathinaikos at the end of this season, and so he will be signed on a free transfer. The player was convinced by the move to Milan due to the prospect of immediately being integrated into the first team. The deal is almost fully complete and Inter feel confident of securing his signature soon. The Nerazzurri have been searching hard for new full backs as coach Antonio Conte is only convinced by Ashley Young in the department.
Vagiannidis has made 17 appearances across all competitions so far this season, for a total of 1238 minutes. In that time, he has scored five goals and provided one assist, scoring and assisting once in his Greek Super League debut.

Reactions: Cassano

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Given I have lists on players I follow in the Netherlands into 2005 born there’s a very good chance that most people here have never heard of a good portion of them.

Plus knowing where and how I rank these players, even if they’re already known, could influence where they get taken or how aggressively they get picked. I’ve already seen it happen multiple times in our drafts.

Yeah, I mean fair enough if you don't want to publish a list. I wouldn't if I were you.

I have a few guys I was considering who aren't in FM yet. Just have to wait until next year assuming I have any room for them.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah, I mean fair enough if you don't want to publish a list. I wouldn't if I were you.

I have a few guys I was considering who aren't in FM yet. Just have to wait until next year assuming I have any room for them.
Yeah and on top of that there's a bunch of older guys that are on the verge of breaking out that could take the next step pretty easily that I'll be listing as well. Honestly I'm going to do it anyway because I just love that part of the sport but I might wait a couple of days until I draft a couple more players.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I make a yearly ranking here of the best American prospects. Here is a list for 2020.

I'm going to keep the same parameters that I kept last year for the age groups. 2001-2005 age groups. Players born in 1997 are still eligible for youth competitions, but a player born in 1997 is so far ahead in their career of one born in 2005 that it would make no sense to be putting them on the same list. Ranking is based mostly on potential, but play in the professional game does matter. I chose to split up field players and goalies this year.
Where would you have Yunus Musah or Folarin Balogun if they play for USMNT?

Balogun is leading PL2 in scoring, but I have not heard much of his name this season as last year's. He may want to choose USA, because the starting striker position for Nigeria (Onyekuru, Osimhen) and England (Kane, Rashford, Abraham) will be difficult to break through.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Where would you have Yunus Musah or Folarin Balogun if they play for USMNT?

Balogun is leading PL2 in scoring, but I have not heard much of his name this season as last year's. He may want to choose USA, because the starting striker position for Nigeria (Onyekuru, Osimhen) and England (Kane, Rashford, Abraham) will be difficult to break through.

Balogun, quite high. Probably 6-15 range. I'm a little unsure about the development path. It doesn't seem like he's developing all too quickly at Arsenal. He's nearly 19, and hasn't even played yet for the first team. Once on the bench, but I think it's safe to say he's not going to start getting regular playing time in the next year or two. I'm quite confident he'll choose the USA over Nigeria. He's not played yet for Nigeria, and accepted a call up to a US camp in the middle of his stint with England. If he'll ever be more than a fringe guy for the US Senior National Team, I can't be sure. He had a good season in the Premier League 2. I think he was injured midseason.

Musah, I have less of grasp on his level of play. I see he's been playing regularly with his England age group. He was the youngest guy who got regularly minutes with the Valencia reserves this season, so thats pretty good, but he wasn't even starting most games. I'm guessing that he'd be somewhere around the same range as Balogun, but I've never seen him play and know little about his style of play. I have no clue that he even has interest in playing for the USA. Born in New York, but thats about it. Balogun is a lot more of a possibility, in my opinion.

And I should add that I didn't include any players not currently playing for the USA. There are a number of other good players like Malik Tillman (Germany), Bryan Okoh (Switzerland), Efrain Alvarez (Mexico), Jonathan Perez (Mexico) that could eventually play for the USA, but aren't at the moment.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
There's a few young guys out there right now looking like potential stars. A couple kids from Barcelona's academy like Pablo Paez 'Gavi' and Brian Pena are getting a lot of attention. Florian Wirtz got his debut already and he's probably one of my favourite prospects in the world that isn't Dutch, absolutely filthy close control, smart, not the most athletic yet but he'll grow into it. Luca Netz and Lasse Gunther round out Germany's top '03s (Torben Rhein and Emrehan Gedikli are up there too) IMO, and then you have Nnamdi Collins as Pavel has mentioned who looks phenomenal for his age. Ronaldo Camara and Joelson Fernandes look incredibly talented from Portugal. I also really like the look of Anthony Descotte from Belgium.

These are just a few of my favourite lesser known talents I was tracking because they're still pretty young. I'm still undecided about sharing my Dutch list which is a lot more in depth and goes from 1998 to 2005 lol.

I will say that people should look in on Joey Veerman. His passing and game sense are off the charts. Plays for Heerenveen along with another guy that's a bit older who seems to be finding his feet in Chidera Ejuke. Ejuke is incredible with the ball at his feet; interested to see how that translates to a more top team but IIRC he was one of the best dribblers in Europe this year.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’d start to watch out for Edmond Tapsoba in these discussions of the best young player in the world. I think he’s going straight to the top of football, and is probably the best young CB in the game. It’s unheard of how good this guy is at his age. I’ve started recording Leverkusen games just to watch him play. His teammate Havertz gets all the hype, but Tapsoba is the best player in that team, and I don’t think it’s that close.

I doubt he leaves this summer because he just got there in January, but I think a year from now he’s sold for 100M. I couldn’t imagine he’ll last very long at Leverkusen.

Reactions: Cassano and Savant

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I’d start to watch out for Edmond Tapsoba in these discussions of the best young player in the world. I think he’s going straight to the top of football, and is probably the best young CB in the game. It’s unheard of how good this guy is at his age. I’ve started recording Leverkusen games just to watch him play. His teammate Havertz gets all the hype, but Tapsoba is the best player in that team, and I don’t think it’s that close.

I doubt he leaves this summer because he just got there in January, but I think a year from now he’s sold for 100M. I couldn’t imagine he’ll last very long at Leverkusen.
Tapsoba is a great talent but I think this is an exaggeration. Havertz rightly gets all the hype for a reason. There are plenty of great young CBs out there that are just as talented and more proven.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Tapsoba is a great talent but I think this is an exaggeration. Havertz rightly gets all the hype for a reason. There are plenty of great young CBs out there that are just as talented and more proven.

Havertz gets a lot of hype from the outside media. They love him. The non-Bundesliga fans have seen him score I think like 7 goals in his last four games. They now have inflated their opinion of him because they probably haven’t seen him play previously all season to that. For almost all of the first half of the season he was anonymous. None of them would’ve had a clue.

He’s a good player with some potential. His play this season is much more in line with Moussa Diaby than Tapsoba. Tapsoba is already the finished product. As I said, it’s really not even close. Tapsoba is the reason Leverkusen are going to qualify for the Champions League next season. And he’s doing this playing CB for Peter Bosz, which might be the hardest coach in the sport to play that position for because of how crazy his tactics are.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Tapsoba is hardly the best young CB in the world. There are plenty in front of him, including multiple frenchmen. Havertz is in another tier.

And frankly, anyone saying Sancho is in Mbappe's class should get their eyes examined. If needed, they played each other twice recently, and it was like comparing a man with a kid.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Tapsoba is hardly the best young CB in the world. There are plenty in front of him, including multiple frenchmen. Havertz is in another tier.

And frankly, anyone saying Sancho is in Mbappe's class should get their eyes examined. If needed, they played each other twice recently, and it was like comparing a man with a kid.
Who do you think is the best CB?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
To be honest, I think the most obvious name right now is Saliba. I like Kouassi personally, as well as Todibo who's out of this world technically for a CB.
But Saliba?
He's a monster. He's huge, leader and St Etienne's numbers with or without him are completely crazy.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
To be honest, I think the most obvious name right now is Saliba. I like Kouassi personally, as well as Todibo who's out of this world technically for a CB.
But Saliba?
He's a monster. He's huge, leader and St Etienne's numbers with or without him are completely crazy.
First and foremost - glad to see you on here.

Second I honestly have not been impressed by Todibo from what I have seen of him at a Schalke. Schalke obviously is a mess in general right now but I have not liked what I have seen. Reminds me of John Stones, which is not a compliment.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
But Saliba?

I dont know how to feel about this tbh.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
First and foremost - glad to see you on here.

Second I honestly have not been impressed by Todibo from what I have seen of him at a Schalke. Schalke obviously is a mess in general right now but I have not liked what I have seen. Reminds me of John Stones, which is not a compliment.
He has to progress, otherwise, he'd be out of this world already.
He's 18 and his poise is crazy.

So yeah, he'll make mistakes like the other day when he cost a goal. But he also made some crazy saves (including a sure fire goal) and his talent with the ball gives a team a new dimension.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He has to progress, otherwise, he'd be out of this world already.
He's 18 and his poise is crazy.

So yeah, he'll make mistakes like the other day when he cost a goal. But he also made some crazy saves (including a sure fire goal) and his talent with the ball gives a team a new dimension.

Yes. Like Stones :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad