Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Stones is 18?
Stones used to be 18. He never grew out of those bad habits. Still plays lightweight. Has some flashes but doesn’t defend consistently at all and we see where he is now. And think about how much he cost in transfer fees.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah well his lack of progress doesn't mean every player won't progress.
Sure but it goes the other way too. We can agree to disagree on Todibo and still be friends. We are friends, right?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Haha, no problem.
Just saying.

Someone with that technical bagage and already excellent with his first few pro minutes, that kind of guy has crazy potential. You should check his Barca game at Inter... WOW.
Now, he might not progress and be a decent player who never finds his groove. But I doubt it. His defensive instincts are there.
Don't forget he's playing right now for a struggling team.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Joe Gomez is 23 already. And I think Saliba's better anyway.
Another name worth mentionning is Boubacar Kamara. Lots of pro games already, best OM player, can play CB or DM with ease.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Joe Gomez is 23 already. And I think Saliba's better anyway.
Another name worth mentionning is Boubacar Kamara. Lots of pro games already, best OM player, can play CB or DM with ease.
I know he's probably not in the convo, but how do you feel about Pape Abou Cissé? 6ft6 and a monster in the games I've seen of him with Olympiakos. I think he will be the Arsenal bargain buy either this summer or the next to replace Sokratis/Mustafi.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
First and foremost - glad to see you on here.

Second I honestly have not been impressed by Todibo from what I have seen of him at a Schalke. Schalke obviously is a mess in general right now but I have not liked what I have seen. Reminds me of John Stones, which is not a compliment.

Seriously? You're glad to see him on here? ;) Oops, I meant seriously, Stones? Call me a homer all day, I don't care, but Todibo looks the business. The problem is a lack of playing time and a lack of a consistent environment. On top of that Schalke are hot trash at the moment. Overall his time at Schalke has been considered a success and he's clearly picked up some admirers as a result. I'm fine with Barça loaning him out, though the dipshits in charge at Barça loaned him when we needed him in the first team, but the dipshits in charge at Barça also want to sell him as well. Todibo just needs some consistent minutes as a starter which sadly might mean permanently leaving Barça. Personally I'd sell Umtiti or Lenglet before I ever sold Todibo.

This has some clips from the match against Inter that @Evilo was referencing:

Imagine poor Lautaro having to put up with that in training every day.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Another string of ridiculous comments from Evilo. Welcome back!

Todibo does not impress me. It could be Schalke and Evilo has seen him play more than all of us, but I think he’s probably 3rd or 4th best French 1999 born CB in the Bundesliga. I think he’s more talented than Ndicka, so I’d probably place him third. Ndicka also plays LB too much. He’s not quick enough for that position.

I stand by what I said about Tapsoba. The kid is going to be a superstar in a year or two, if his game to game play isn’t already at that level.

And I stand by what I said about Sancho. He’s not yet as accomplished as Mbappe and that gives Mbappe an advantage for now, but Sancho is leading Europe in scoring points in his age 19/20 season. He’s not as flashy as Mbappe. There are plenty of players that look more flashy, but how could you discount a guy who is producing better than the world class players in world football this season? He’s produced better scoring point numbers than every single one of them.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Another string of ridiculous comments from Evilo. Welcome back!

Todibo does not impress me. It could be Schalke and Evilo has seen him play more than all of us, but I think he’s probably 3rd or 4th best French 1999 born CB in the Bundesliga. I think he’s more talented than Ndicka, so I’d probably place him third. Ndicka also plays LB too much. He’s not quick enough for that position.

I stand by what I said about Tapsoba. The kid is going to be a superstar in a year or two, if his game to game play isn’t already at that level.

And I stand by what I said about Sancho. He’s not yet as accomplished as Mbappe and that gives Mbappe an advantage for now, but Sancho is leading Europe in scoring points in his age 19/20 season. He’s not as flashy as Mbappe. There are plenty of players that look more flashy, but how could you discount a guy who is producing better than the world class players in world football this season? He’s produced better scoring point numbers than every single one of them.

LOL.
I was merely responding to your crackhead comments about Havertz, Sancho and all.

How can I discount Sancho compared to Mbappe?
Well, let me know when Sancho has better numbers than Messi or Ronaldo over a long period of time.
Let me know when Sancho puts his team over the top in a WC.
Let me know when Sancho actually shows up in a big game.
Let me know when Sancho does something against good defenses.

Sancho gets his numbers against piss poor defenses. BVB scored more than 2.5 goals a game, and that's also a reason why.

Reactions: bluesfan94

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Tapsoba being a star in 'a year or two' seems like a much more realistic prediction in comparison to he will be sold for 100m next summer.

Reactions: Gecklund

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
LOL.
I was merely responding to your crackhead comments about Havertz, Sancho and all.

How can I discount Sancho compared to Mbappe?
Well, let me know when Sancho has better numbers than Messi or Ronaldo over a long period of time.
Let me know when Sancho puts his team over the top in a WC.
Let me know when Sancho actually shows up in a big game.
Let me know when Sancho does something against good defenses.

Sancho gets his numbers against piss poor defenses. BVB scored more than 2.5 goals a game, and that's also a reason why.

If Sancho gets his numbers against piss poor defenses, what do you consider the defenses in Ligue One? Better yet, don’t answer that question because it doesn’t even matter. People have said this type of thing about Messi for years. The best attackers in Europe put up the best numbers year after year. Sancho isn’t an exception to that. He has to be given respect on the tier of the world class players in the world after the season he’s having.

To try to compare him to other young prospects is insulting. Mbappe and Sancho are the two who’ve separated themselves from being a prospect and fully into the world class attacker tier with guys like Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo, Lewandowski. To mention his name with Havertz is insulting. Havertz was nowhere to be seen the first half of the season after being very average last season. You can like his game better, but don’t mention him on the same level of player as Sancho. He’s simply not.

Besides, I never said Sancho is better yet than Mbappe. But if Sancho starts having similar or better seasons to Mbappe with consistency, like this season, how could you not put them on the same level? I wouldn’t yet say he’s as good, but he was as good or better this season.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Another string of ridiculous comments from Evilo.
Also how is your Pulisic is a Ballon D'or podium candidate working?
You know when you mocked me when I said his upside was top 5 Bundesliga player at best? You said I was making outlandish comments there also.

Let's say your projection skills aren't that great.

Reactions: robertmac43

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
If Sancho gets his numbers against piss poor defenses, what do you consider the defenses in Ligue One?
Well, the same CL teams and WC teams? You know since Mbappe has the best numbers of any CL young player EVER.

People have said this type of thing about Messi for years. The best attackers in Europe put up the best numbers year after year. Sancho isn’t an exception to that. He has to be given respect on the tier of the world class players in the world after the season he’s having.
Nope, Sancho isn't in the tier of Messi/Ronaldo/Mbappe/Neymar/Lewandowski and others.

To try to compare him to other young prospects is insulting. Mbappe and Sancho are the two who’ve separated themselves from being a prospect and fully into the world class attacker tier with guys like Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo, Lewandowski. To mention his name with Havertz is insulting. Havertz was nowhere to be seen the first half of the season after being very average last season. You can like his game better, but don’t mention him on the same level of player as Sancho. He’s simply not.
Nope, Sancho isn't world class yet. To mention Messi in the same breath as Sancho is insulting to any football fan. Same for the 3 others in fact.
Also never compared Havertz to Sancho but they're clearly comparable.

Besides, I never said Sancho is better yet than Mbappe. But if Sancho starts having similar or better seasons to Mbappe with consistency, like this season, how could you not put them on the same level? I wouldn’t yet say he’s as good, but he was as good or better this season.
Nope, he was not as good or better. Again, just take a look at the two games between them. Mbappe with the ball was instant danger. Sancho? He made what? One dangerous play in 180 minutes?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Also how is your Pulisic is a Ballon D'or podium candidate working?
You know when you mocked me when I said his upside was top 5 Bundesliga player at best? You said I was making outlandish comments there also.

Let's say your projection skills aren't that great.

I see you aren’t easing your way back.

I know you took a break from this website, but did you also miss the football season? Pulisic has had a great season in a league we are told is so much better than the league he played in for years. He’s having the best season of his career, so evidently he’s still improving. Believe it or not, players can still improve at age 21. I actually wasn’t that high on his play in recent seasons, but if he plays like this and continued to get better, he’s going to be incredibly good at his peak. He’s added goals to his game and has been much better in the final third.

And you continue to distort that discussion. Funnily enough, Pulisic is having more success in his career than Dembele and Mor, so it looks like I was right. Of course, you won’t ever admit that.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I see you aren’t easing your way back.

I know you took a break from this website, but did you also miss the football season? Pulisic has had a great season in a league we are told is so much better than the league he played in for years. He’s having the best season of his career, so evidently he’s still improving. Believe it or not, players can still improve at age 21. I actually wasn’t that high on his play in recent seasons, but if he plays like this and continued to get better, he’s going to be incredibly good at his peak. He’s added goals to his game and has been much better in the final third.

And you continue to distort that discussion. Funnily enough, Pulisic is having more success in his career than Dembele and Mor, so it looks like I was right. Of course, you won’t ever admit that.
Oh I know how Pulisic took 3 months to step a foot in front of the other, how idiots would say he sucked and then when he started to produce, idiots would say he was world class.

That doesn't make your statements any less ridiculous. Mine was spot on though.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well, the same CL teams and WC teams? You know since Mbappe has the best numbers of any CL young player EVER.

And that’s why I said that Mbappe is more accomplished, and thus better. Did you miss that?

Nope, Sancho isn't world class yet. To mention Messi in the same breath as Sancho is insulting to any football fan. Same for the 3 others in fact.

This is a distraction from the substance of the discussion. You could say that about anyone in comparison to Messi. If you deal with the substance, Sancho is unquestionably among the top ten attackers in football. Yes, he’s world class.

Also never compared Havertz to Sancho but they're clearly comparable.

Can you explain how because that’s quite ridiculous?

Sancho has more goals or more assists than Havertz has goals+assists in the league this season.

Nope, he was not as good or better. Again, just take a look at the two games between them. Mbappe with the ball was instant danger. Sancho? He made what? One dangerous play in 180 minutes?

Do stats not matter then? Because that’s what you’re saying if a 19/20 year old who leads Europe in scoring points is not world class.

Besides, what did Mbappe do in the first leg better than Sancho? I thought Sancho had an excellent game and Mbappe had a quiet game. Or do stats now matter to you when it favors your point?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Mbappe isn't only better, he's in a tier above.
Sancho has more G+A than Havertz? No kidding? On a team that scores less and in a different position? Wow.

What did Mbappe do better than Sancho in the first game? Seriously?
Take a f***ing look at the game. That does say a lot if you think he had a quiet game compared to Sancho. He made a goal all by himself, one that Sancho could have never created.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Mbappe isn't only better, he's in a tier above.
Sancho has more G+A than Havertz? No kidding? On a team that scores less and in a different position? Wow.

What did Mbappe do better than Sancho in the first game? Seriously?
Take a f***ing look at the game. That does say a lot if you think he had a quiet game compared to Sancho. He made a goal all by himself, one that Sancho could have never created.
Man I missed Evilo. He really makes this place more entertaining and generally agrees with me. :laugh:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If Sancho gets his numbers against piss poor defenses, what do you consider the defenses in Ligue One? Better yet, don’t answer that question because it doesn’t even matter. People have said this type of thing about Messi for years. The best attackers in Europe put up the best numbers year after year. Sancho isn’t an exception to that. He has to be given respect on the tier of the world class players in the world after the season he’s having.

Wasn't he better last year than this year?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I mean he had a "quiet" game. He just dribbled through 3 BVB defensemen to pass to Neymar for the empty net.
That's how "quiet" he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad