Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Sounds like a phenom. I'm a believer of letting young kids play ASAP if they're ready to, would he be able to play a pro game let's say, next year?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Sounds like a phenom. I'm a believer of letting young kids play ASAP if they're ready to, would he be able to play a pro game let's say, next year?
Ridiculous.

Crazy thing being he isn't even allowed to go pro for another 2 years (21/22 season). His youth goal scoring records are going to be insane.
He's not allowed until the season he'd turn 17.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's not allowed until the season he'd turn 17.

I think an exception will be made. One was made for Nuri Sahin.

He turns 15 in November. I don't suspect he'll be with the first team any earlier than next preseason. There's a backlog of youth players that deserve a chance with the first team that aren't getting it because of our improved squad depth.

I think what's most likely is that the exception is made for Moukoko, and he joins the first team for the 2021 Winter Training Camp. That'll allow him to play 1 and a half seasons in the U-19's.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Emile Smith-Rowe just returned from injury, and has played the last couple of games. Managed to play 62 minutes today and got back on the scoresheet, as the Arsenal U23s beat Brighton.

Last edited:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Emile Smith-Rowe just returned from injury, and has played the last couple of games. Managed to play 62 minutes today and got back on the scoresheet, as the Arsenal U23s beat Brighton.
Unless he's getting consistent game time in Europa, we should loan him out IMO.

No reason why he shouldn't as he looked amazing in it last season.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Unless he's getting consistent game time in Europa, we should loan him out IMO.

No reason why he shouldn't as he looked amazing in it last season.

Hopefully he starts every Cup and Europa League game this fall. It will be hard for him to get regular first team football every week regardless, so loaning him out to a team that plays him every week could be beneficial, because he is clearly too good to just develop in the U23s. He would probably start in plenty of Bundesliga teams, for example.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Watched bits of the Otten Cup the past few days; a prestigious U19 tournament. Anderlecht, Inter Milan, Barcelona, PSV were among those who participated. PSV lost the final to Inter on penalties. A few PSV talents stood out, but their most notable one was Noni Madueke, English youth player. I think he has great odds of reaching the men's squad, likely replacing Bergwijn/Malen/Bruma once they move abroad. Strong, fast and has good control over the ball. Not sure how he's viewed in England, but he's quality.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
As far as I know he's one of the best English 02's. Sounds mature for a 17 year old English kid. Can play as a 10 or wide.

Reactions: Ajacied

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Yeah I've read more about him. Wise kid. Really wanted to go to the Netherlands since young players get a fair shot over here. He declined multiple offers from Premier League sides, including United.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I spoke on Madueke during the u17 Euro earlier this year. He was the only one creating anything for England and without him they looked lost. Including a few other very hyped prospects.

Reactions: Ajacied

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Camavinga bossing the midfield for Rennes versus PSG. What a talent!

His stock is raising by the day. He is so composed for a 16 years old.

Reactions: gary69

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Uncapped Ferdi Kadioglu scored today for Fenerbache at 19. He played his youth days for the Dutch teams but has Canadian ties as well and is rumored to be capped by the Canadians at some point.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Uncapped Ferdi Kadioglu scored today for Fenerbache at 19. He played his youth days for the Dutch teams but has Canadian ties as well and is rumored to be capped by the Canadians at some point.

He isn't Oranje material, but I reckon he'd chose Turkey.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
His dad is. He also plays in Turkey.

He very my well choose that route. Herdman his him on the Canada roster and is going to try to sell him on the young core that will be in their mid 20's come World Cup Qualification for 26. For once Canada actually has some bargaining power with these kids which is nice.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Eddie Nketiah with the winning goal on his Leeds home debut, just 4 minutes after coming on. Impressing on loan from the mighty Arsenal.

Last edited:

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
He very my well choose that route. Herdman his him on the Canada roster and is going to try to sell him on the young core that will be in their mid 20's come World Cup Qualification for 26. For once Canada actually has some bargaining power with these kids which is nice.

Ferdi was born and learned his football here, but if he wants to have an international career he'll be wise to chose Turkey or Canada. I just don't like how all these countries are trying to convince youth players with the slightest origin to come and play for them. The Moroccan football federation already called up 17 year old Mohammed Ihattaren, just so they have him locked up already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad