Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Reiss Nelson, Alexander Isak, Willam Saliba, Yari Verschueren and Sandro Tonali should be a lot higher, Gianluigi Donnarumma, Matteo Guendouzi, Evan Ndicka, Boubacar Kamara and Gelson Fernandes should be lower.

It's Verschaeren, and no he shouldn't

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Everyone remember my comment in a few years when Guendouzi will be considered the most overhyped player in history and an absolute super flop. Come back to this and admit you where wrong, because I am completely sure with 100% certainty that Guendouzi will never be close to world class. I am an Arsenal fan so its not like I hope to be right either, but I really feel like all of you are talking about a player you have never watched and only heard our fans overhype like we did with the useless Chuba Akpom, David Bentley and Nicklas Bendtner.

Please remember this and call me a footballing genius when I am right.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
It's Verschaeren, and no he shouldn't
Yes he should, he is one of the more dominant players I have seen at that age in a long time. His technique and creativity are off the charts.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Kamara is a solid centre back who is very calm and good on the ball, and has a decent reading of the game without the ball, and usually makes a few interceptions. His positioning sense is good, especially when he plays as a centre back. He is not forced into making touch challenges and forced into running duels because he is out of position too often. But when he is challenged one on one, I feel Kamara is relatively easy to beat for attackers, his 1 on 1 defending against quick attackers is rather underwhelming to me. He runs around a lot, but I feel Kamara is very physically weak and rather slow, although those can be compensated for at times by good positioning. There are a lot of players lower down on the list than Kamara who I feel are much more deserving of a higher spot, so that is the main reason I feel Kamara should be lower. It is more of a testament to them than a knock on Kamara, who I feel is ranked unfairly high.
OK. Makes sense.
You just have never seen the guy play.
Got you.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What talents? There is nothing, not a single detail of the game, he can do at Premier League level. He was the worst player on the pitch most games this season, and I feel the same can be said for his time in Ligue 2.
:laugh:
Because you watched him in L2 too? Man you're good.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
OK. Makes sense.
You just have never seen the guy play.
Got you.

Because I don't overhype him like you do with every French player? My brother is a Marsellie fan I watched basically every game this season. How was that I said wrong? Just because I am not blinded by age and stupid enough to praise every single thing a youngster does? Just because I see him make mistakes that you don't? Explain why without using " you haven't watched him play" or " he is young and not the finished product" as an argument again. I never said he doesn't have huge potential, I rate him very highly, but there are a lot of better players in a similar age and position.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Please stop. You can't even spell Marseille.
The only thing you got right is that Kamara's main weakness is a relative lack of speed. Everything else he is world class bound.
He's arguably the best CB prospect in the world.

How do I know you haven't seen him play? Because he has an amazing quality you didn't even list. His main strength isn't in your post. Yet when you watch him 5 minutes it's beyond obvious.

And I don't overhype every french player. You can check what I said about many players. For instance, I think Pavard sucks and Lucas Hernandez is just above average.
Saliba has a lot of potential, but NOBODY that follows L1 football would rate him above Kamara except a few St Etienne fans. And yet I like him, he's extremely solid.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Please stop. You can't even spell Marseille.
The only thing you got right is that Kamara's main weakness is a relative lack of speed. Everything else he is world class bound.
He's arguably the best CB prospect in the world.

How do I know you haven't seen him play? Because he has an amazing quality you didn't even list. His main strength isn't in your post. Yet when you watch him 5 minutes it's beyond obvious.

And I don't overhype every french player. You can check what I said about many players. For instance, I think Pavard sucks and Lucas Hernandez is just above average.
Saliba has a lot of potential, but NOBODY that follows L1 football would rate him above Kamara except a few St Etienne fans. And yet I like him, he's extremely solid.

He is very very extemely insanely far away from even being in the top 10 best centre back prospects in the world, please stop.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Ajax on the verge of losing yet another highly touted talent; Hossein Zamani (LW/RW). He's being targeted most notably by City and United. Ajax is usually raided of it's youth every year, but these past few seasons it's insane.

Reactions: John Pedro

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Are there any Swiss fans that know anything about Bradley Fink? He signed today for Dortmund. He's a 16 year old who is going straight into our U-19's, despite being U-17 eligible.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
United also got Björn Hardley, LB from NAC Breda, 16 years old. Intruiging prospect. Can play multiple positions and already has a mature frame. Athletic, strong with the ball and sometimes even adventurous.

Reactions: Gecklund

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
@Ajacied, I've definitely asked you this before, but what do you think about Dest's development? Could he play next season in the first team at Ajax or is it more likely he'll have to move to a smaller Eredivisie club?

Not a chance. Veltman, Mazraoui and Kristenssen are Ajax' RB's right now and neither look to be leaving. If anything, Ajax will upgrade on Kristenssen and not from within. Dest is still too raw; offensively very gifted, great pace and technique, but defensively still very vulnerable. He might make his debut next season when injuries appear and perhaps make some minutes in a cup game, but he should focus on Ajax II next season as well.

Will be interesting to see if he gets invited to training camp this summer. It usually means he'll get minutes somewhere that season. He's worked his way up from the U19 to Ajax II and is now the starting RB, stealing Navaro Bakboord's spot, so that's a nice indication that things are going well for him.

If things still don't look promising after next season, I'm sure he will be looked at to gain experience somewhere else, but I expect him to be with Ajax I in 2020/2021.

... he made the roster for the mini camp. I think Ten Hag wants to see what he got and if he's an upgrade on Kristenssen. Doubt he'll be selected for the real camp a few weeks from now, but he'll get his chances soon. I wasn't impressed with his outings during the WC U20, but he brings something neither Kristenssen or Veltman brings, so who knows.

@Pavel Buchnevich: Dest has been impressive and is currently on the plane to the real training camp in Austria. With rumors on Veltman possibly leaving for the Premier League, Dest might be Mazraoui's backup and see some real playing time this season. I can't imagine Ajax having much faith in Kristenssen.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Can't tell if this is you saying this earnestly as an observer or sarcastically as a rival fan.
A little bit of A and a little bit of B? He did well in the Eredivisie and it's usually nice to see those players succeed elsewhere but I don't think he's good enough for a top club so if Chelsea under Lampard will be using those kind of players I think they'll be pretty average. Not sure if that makes sense.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
A little bit of A and a little bit of B? He did well in the Eredivisie and it's usually nice to see those players succeed elsewhere but I don't think he's good enough for a top club so if Chelsea under Lampard will be using those kind of players I think they'll be pretty average. Not sure if that makes sense.

Mount was a sensation in the Eredivisie. He did a lot better than "well"..

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
hTm095DMxaoOtowrwI
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: robertmac43
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad