So who is buying a half price jersey?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Not to be rude, but could you not just look up the original price online, subtract the 50% discount(always before taxes), and then add 13%? Probably a bit easier than someone writing a list of multiple items to check while at a busy store.

$73.45 for a Premiere (replica) jersey.

($130 / 2) + 13% = $73.45.

Easy enough.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Bait and switch?

Not sure that's the definition of bait and switch. :)

If someone actually is going to the Sens store -- could they find out the after taxes and discount price of things and when it actually ends?

I really want a heritage jersey (though not sure if I want blank or player name/number). Would like to know what the final cost would be though before I ask someone to pick one up for me.

It appears to depend which one you go to, which doesnt seem fair to vary price by location. I was told on the phone by the Sens store rep that the half off sale goes to the (Monday?) home opener at the SBP location, and up to the Saturday season opener at all others. In terms of prices, there seems to be some variance by location. I'll be going to the store in the next couple of days, will see what they say.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Online doesnt even authentic jersey...they only have indoedge and to me thats a ****towel.:laugh:

Ahhh I see. Yeah the only "Authentic" heritage jerseys they had last year were the indoedge ones after selling Canadian home/away jerseys in the past. Sadly I did not notice until I returned home with the tags already removed.

Patvolcom65

@Patvolcom65
Jul 4, 2011
New-Brunswick
"Indo-Edge on sale for $120" beats a "replica at full pop for $130" every day of the week.

I agree with you..but I still dont like Indo-Edge.

Rather wait for meigrey to put more authentic 2.0 for 50$ they always put away one on ebay.:laugh:

I wonder if the gameworns would be 50% off..

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Any of the Sens stores selling Silf jerseys yet? I wanna buy one but if I just buy a blank red and get it lettered it'll take like a month won't it? :(

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Pardon the ignorant question, but what are the differences between Indo-Edge, replica, authentic, etc jerseys? Are they different qualities, different looks, etc?

Thanks.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Pardon the ignorant question, but what are the differences between Indo-Edge, replica, authentic, etc jerseys? Are they different qualities, different looks, etc?

Thanks.

Not sure about Indo-Edge and Canadian Edge exactly since the two authentic jerseys I own were bought several years apart. From the two that I own my Canadian Edge red home jersey feels heavier/more durable, but that could just be a difference in how the Heritage ones are made now.

The key difference between authentic and replica jerseys is the fact that all of the crests/numbers/name plates are professionally stitched on as opposed to ironed on. You'll notice on the replicas that things like the "=o=" logo or the shields on the shoulders look glossy and plastic-ish. The replicas also tend to be made out of lighter material/less durable and do not have a fight strap sewn into the back.

Those are my observations at least. If I am not mistaken several posters are jersey collectors and could probably add other differences.

Patvolcom65

@Patvolcom65
Jul 4, 2011
New-Brunswick
Not sure about Indo-Edge and Canadian Edge exactly since the two authentic jerseys I own were bought several years apart. From the two that I own my Canadian Edge red home jersey feels heavier/more durable, but that could just be a difference in how the Heritage ones are made now. The key difference between authentic and replica jerseys is the fact that all of the crests/numbers/name plates are professionally stitched on as opposed to ironed on. You'll notice on the replica's that things like the "=o=" logo or the shield looks like a glossy plastic. The replicas also tend to be made out of lighter material/less durable and do not have a fight strap sewn into the back.

Pretty much it.

Canadian Edge switched up for a bit..Before they were Edge 1.0 but the players didnt like them so now they have Edge 2.0 which for most teams arent being sold right now and is what the player wear on the ice.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Pretty much it.

Canadian Edge switched up for a bit..Before they were Edge 1.0 but the players didnt like them so now they have Edge 2.0 which for most teams arent being sold right now and is what the player wear on the ice.

Do you know the difference between Edge 1.0 and 2.0? Could explain why my red jersey (7187 on the tag - Edge 1.0?) feels a lot heavier. I would imagine players want to be as light as safety permits out on the ice.

Patvolcom65

@Patvolcom65
Jul 4, 2011
New-Brunswick
Do you know the difference between Edge 1.0 and 2.0? Could explain why my red jersey (7187 on the tag - Edge 1.0?) feels a lot heavier. I would imagine players want to be as light as safety permits out on the ice.

I have a Edge 2.0 Away the only difference I found..is the material on it. 2.0 use airknit or so. The sleeve are shorter too. And most 2.0 well the new ones have the wordmark instead of the vector..Theres still some 2.0 with vector. And even if you got a 2.0...the tag inside still say 7187 :laugh:

6rj4ph.jpg

1604pso.jpg

erim2f.jpg

2mnf8mr.jpg

Last edited:

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Thanks for the information! :) Do you think the authentic ones are worth the extra cost given the sewing on of the name plates and their better durability?

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
I have a Edge 2.0 Away the only difference I found..is the material on it. 2.0 use airknit or so. The sleeve are shorter too. And most 2.0 well the new ones have the wordmark instead of the vector..Theres still some 2.0 with vector. And even if you got a 2.0...the tag inside still say 7187 :laugh:
If it helps mine says 7187 A. I tried to look at what material the jersey was made of, however, the inner tag sewn halfway up the body is too worn out to read.

Thanks for the information! :) Do you think the authentic ones are worth the extra cost given the sewing on of the name plates and their better durability?

In my personal opinion I think the replicas look kind of tacky with the glossy ironed on crests. It is understandable that people buy the replicas since they are decently priced and fairly well made. The authentic jerseys have a more comfortable sweater-like feel to me and since I wear them a lot during the season that was important to me.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
In my personal opinion I think the replicas look kind of tacky with the glossy ironed on crests. It is understandable that people buy the replicas since they are decently priced and fairly well made. The authentic jerseys have a more comfortable sweater-like feel to me and since I wear them a lot during the season that was important to me.

Makes sense, and probably worth the extra cost (less of a difference at half price) to get the quality and authenticity of an authentic.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Not to be rude, but could you not just look up the original price online, subtract the 50% discount(always before taxes), and then add 13%? Probably a bit easier than someone writing a list of multiple items to check while at a busy store.

As pointed out - pricing for authentics isn't online. And really it'd be what, a total of 4 items to price? (authentic vs replica, lettered vs not lettered). Wasn't asking someone to go out of their way, just if they were heading there anyway - to price compare basically.

Also -- Sometimes with sales the taxes are based on the original price depending on how the discount is done.
Finally -- They may or may not discount lettering? Not sure if that's an assumption or confirmed that it's part of the discount (or if it only counts with stock lettered jerseys and custom orders don't get the discount).

Droc

Classless
Jul 17, 2010
In my house.
I picked up for myself 1x heritage karlsson, 1x heritage alfredsson
for the wife 1x heritage karlsson
for the kid, 1x heritage blank

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
If they don't have any Silfverberg jerseys left when I go to the home opener I am going to be livid. I will seek out Cyril Leeder and rip him a new one.

Droc

Classless
Jul 17, 2010
In my house.
If they don't have any Silfverberg jerseys left when I go to the home opener I am going to be livid. I will seek out Cyril Leeder and rip him a new one.

I dont recall seeing any, but i wasnt looking for them.

I snapped 2 for a friend
img2013011500137.jpg

img2013011500136.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad