So who is buying a half price jersey?

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
It is true. Longest you'll wait is about 2 weeks, though if they're not terribly busy (no guarantee), it'll probably be done in under a week/ roughly a week.

As far as quality goes, they're one of the best, if not the best in the city. Especially for non-Sens stuff.

That's awesome thanks. I want to get Karlsson put on my heritage jersey and I have a $50 gift card, do you happen to know a rough cost?

agent2421

Feb 3, 2008
Ottawa
Any chance Scotiabank will still have any Karlsson Red Jerseys' available on the Monday? Really want to get a jersey, just don't have any time to go until Monday.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Any chance Scotiabank will still have any Karlsson Red Jerseys' available on the Monday? Really want to get a jersey, just don't have any time to go until Monday.

I was there yesterday and all they had for red was blank jerseys which take about 2-3 weeks if you want to get a player on it.

I got a Turris for $129 :)

agent2421

Feb 3, 2008
Ottawa
I was there yesterday and all they had for red was blank jerseys which take about 2-3 weeks if you want to get a player on it.

I got a Turris for $129 :)

Was it just a Plain red jersey? How much would it cost for a plain red jersey and then to get Karlsson nameplate and # on the back? I don't mind waiting for a few weeks.

agent2421

Feb 3, 2008
Ottawa
That is so legit. $130 is a great price. I'm so conflicted... Karlsson or Silfverberg. Karlsson is probably the more safe bet for a jersey but Silf will also be pretty great. Right now I'm thinking of going with Karlsson but I keep changing my mind haha.

Anyone know what time the store will be opened at on the Monday? I'm hoping to go first thing in the morning, get the jersey and then head off to work around 12 or so.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
That's awesome thanks. I want to get Karlsson put on my heritage jersey and I have a $50 gift card, do you happen to know a rough cost?

On the authentics I was told that customization ran around $50 (after discount.)

Might be less if the jersey isn't an authentic.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
That is so legit. $130 is a great price. I'm so conflicted... Karlsson or Silfverberg. Karlsson is probably the more safe bet for a jersey but Silf will also be pretty great. Right now I'm thinking of going with Karlsson but I keep changing my mind haha.

Anyone know what time the store will be opened at on the Monday? I'm hoping to go first thing in the morning, get the jersey and then head off to work around 12 or so.

Just go balls out with Silfverberg. Of course Karlsson is the safe bet, he's gonna be the face of the franchise for so long. But the safe bet is the boring bet, and thats why I chose to rep Silver instead of EK.

The threat of your decision horribly backfiring (See: guys walking around with Rundblad jerseys) makes it all the more exciting.

mikachu

Jul 5, 2011
Ottawa
How much is customization?

Customization at the Sens Store is $100 but its $50 with the discount right now. Waiting on the return of my Karlsson and Silfverberg jerseys. Also that's if you want it Pro-stitched. Don't know how much heat press is but it should be cheaper.

I think blanks were $129 regular price and ones with heat pressed names were $179 or something like that. It makes it almost worth it to get a blank and customize it if you are able to wait for the jersey. And you won't have to deal with peeling numbers in the future.

I called to the Sens Store at SBP and they said that you can still get the jerseys customized during/after the game on Monday. Gonna bring in two more jerseys to get them done. Can't pass up on a deal like this, don't think customization will go on sale like this again unless there is another lockout.

agent2421

Feb 3, 2008
Ottawa
wow I'm not someone that has a lot of jersey's but how much does a jersey cost with a name on it usually? With 5)5 off it's still about $170 , that is freaking expensive as hell when not on sale. Does anyone know if we can just order this online or do we have to go to the sens store to purchase it at Scotiabank. Can we do it through the sens store online with the same deal?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Speaking of jerseys, the manager of Sports Experts in Bayshore told me that he sold more Toronto & Montreal jerseys over the Christmas holiday than Sens jerseys which pissed me off. He said that this town does not support their team but it could also be that people are buying there jerseys elsewhere.

I know the jerseys that I have bought have been through my ticket packages from the club at a discount price. I used to buy Sens stuff through them when they have sales but because they are not franchised across the province, if a gift doesn't fit it gets returned to me & I have to return it, which is a hassel & they only credit, not give you your money back.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Ordered my Silfverberg home jersey today. The Sens store at sbp only had 3 authentic edge jerseys, unfortunately one was just a bit too small and the others were like a 60 so I had to get an indo-edge :(

agent2421

Feb 3, 2008
Ottawa
Great, hopefully I can get my Karlsson jersey tomorrow. Seems like a good investment for the next 10+ years. I'd love to get Silfverberg as well but I might just wait out a year or so to get that one.

stigs17

Dec 3, 2005
As usual there is a great deal of misinformation on this promotion, hence let me clear up what this sale is:

In typical shady Senators marketing fashion, this does exclude a number of items in the storewide sale that are never mentioned, even in the fine print:
-anything 67s related is always FULL PRICE (yes, Jeff Hunt and his OHL-worst - and fully planned - 0.200 winning % believes you should pay 100% of an NHL price for an OHL jersey even when the NHL jerseys are 50% off)
-anything signed is always FULL PRICE
-any sticks are always FULL PRICE
-any other non-Sens goods FULL PRICE (though not the case last April)

During the open practices last week at the very start of the sale, Sensations at SBP had exactly 0.0 of the $229.99 semi-pro custom jerseys in the away white. Insider tip: They NEVER HAVE ANY. Sens only want to hawk the ubiquitous home reds, easily the weakest of the current three offerings.

Of the oversold home reds, almost all were size S or XXL unless you favor Konopka or Kuba. On the heritages, next to nothing was customized (only saw Cowen and Gonchar S); even blank heritages were S or XXL.
This is typical of the Sens.

At least this year they equalized the price for the weak pool of customized jerseys offered in-store vs the customized ones you wait a month or longer for. Of course, as a thank-you for the lockout, they just quietly increased the price of the in-store customs $30 (up until a couple months ago $199.99; now $229.99). Last year during the 50% off sale, you could buy semi-pro customs of the home red Alfie etc. for $199.99, of which there were few in store. Virtually no heritage customs in normal sizes were available all season.

In 2011-12, Sensations sold non-customs for $129.99 and customization for $99.99, so you paid $229.98 for a custom they never offered for sale on the shelf vs. $199.99 for the few size S or XXL that were ever available in store. Thus a donation of $30 to Sensations for their lack of inventory (more for the All-Star game jerseys) was given by anyone who bought a custom in 2011-12, but I wanted a rare Alfie All Star which was never available in the team store (at $299.98, a $50 donation for their planned lack of inventory). And it took 4 MONTHS for the customization, and I did all the follow-up as there was no call to say the legend was ready (happened on all 3 customs last year). Season was long gone when I got the Alfie from Sensations from the January All-Star break.

When the Sens had a mid-season 40% off sale right after the All-Star break, there were exactly 0.0 Alfie/EK65/Spezza/Michalek in-store. Again, this was planned. Nobody in-store likely explained it properly, but as a seasoned veteran in dealing with these folks and their inane, backwards setup, your one and only bet for a custom Sens All-Star jersey at the very arena it was played in was to buy an overpriced blank All-Star at $149.99 and pay the grossly overpriced $149.99 customization fee (it's still $99.99 for any other jersey, so $299.98 for your semi-pro All-Star less any 'deal'). Yeah. I bought, though paid less for NHL game-used jerseys. Sens management wanted to squeeze all the juice they could from that lemon. Funny to see them still selling All-Star plastic tumblers for $19.99; greed never gives up.

Inside sources tell me the Sens store may have produced 50-100 custom Sens All-Star jerseys in normal sizes (never saw one, and I was there early for both events), the rest of us paid sweetly for them, of course nobody fully capitalized on their sales given the in-store customized price of $199.99 which was rarely offered.

They played the same game at the end-of-season sale in April.

The 50% off non-signed Sens gear DOES INCLUDE opening night, January 21.

To the Carpet-cleaner and league arrogance victor Jeff Hunt: Why did you STRATEGICALLY PLAN TO REBUILD your competitive team and thus p*** away any advantage you inherited during the short and greatly fortunate tenure in a real world-class venue where the ceiling remains intact?

Go RAVENS! Great to see egomaniac Brady choke once again in the big game, now 8 years and running.

Last edited:

DonthaveaCOWEN

Jul 29, 2010
67's are not owned by the Sens, their league didn't lock out their fans for the 3rd time in 20 years and are paying rent to play at SBP. Why should they be expected to honor a Senators P.R/Sales initiative?

Last edited by a moderator:

mikachu

Jul 5, 2011
Ottawa
wow I'm not someone that has a lot of jersey's but how much does a jersey cost with a name on it usually? With 5)5 off it's still about $170 , that is freaking expensive as hell when not on sale. Does anyone know if we can just order this online or do we have to go to the sens store to purchase it at Scotiabank. Can we do it through the sens store online with the same deal?

Regular price I think is the $179 but the sale right now makes it $90 for one with a name on it and $65 for a blank.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
As usual there is a great deal of misinformation on this promotion, hence let me clear up what this sale is:

In typical shady Senators marketing fashion, this does exclude a number of items in the storewide sale that are never mentioned, even in the fine print:
-anything 67s related is always FULL PRICE (yes, Jeff Hunt and his OHL-worst - and fully planned - 0.200 winning % believes you should pay 100% of an NHL price for an OHL jersey even when the NHL jerseys are 50% off)
-anything signed is always FULL PRICE
-any sticks are always FULL PRICE
-any other non-Sens goods FULL PRICE (not last April)

During the open practices last week at the very start of the sale, Sensations at SBP had exactly 0.0 of the $229.99 semi-pro custom jerseys in the away white. Insider tip: They NEVER HAVE ANY. Sens only want to hawk the ubiquitous home reds, easily the weakest of the current three offerings.

Of the oversold home reds, almost all were size S or XXL unless you favor Konopka or Kuba. On the heritages, next to nothing was customized (only saw Cowen and Gonchar S); even blank heritages were S or XXL.
This is typical of the Sens.

At least this year they equalized the price for the weak pool of customized jerseys offered in-store vs the customized ones you wait a month or longer for. Of course, as a thank-you for the lockout, they just quietly increased the price of the in-store customs $30. Last year during the 50% off sale, you could buy semi-pro customs of the home red Alfie etc. for $199.99, of which there were few. Virtually no heritages in normal sizes all season. They sold non-customs for $129.99 and customization for $99.99, so you paid $229.98 for a custom they never offered for sale on the shelf vs. $199.99 for the few size S or XXL that were ever available in store. A donation of $30 to Sensations for their lack of inventory (more for the All-Star game jerseys) was given by anyone who bought a custom in 2011-12, but I wanted a rare Alfie All Star which was never available in the team store. And it took ***several months*** for the customization, and I did all the follow-up as there was no call to say the legend was ready (happened on all 3 customs last year). Season was long gone when I got the Alfie from Sensations from the January All-Star break.

When the Sens had a mid-season 40% off sale right after the All-Star break, there were exactly 0.0 Alfie/EK65/Spezza/Michalek in-store. This was planned. Nobody in-store likely explained it properly, but as a seasoned veteran in dealing with these folks and their inane customer unfriendly policies, your one and only bet for a custom Sens All-Star jersey at the very arena it was played in was to buy an overpriced blank All-Star at $149.99 and pay the grossly overpriced $149.99 customization fee (it's still $99.99 for any other jersey, so $299.98 for your semi-pro All-Star less any 'deal'). Yeah. I bought, though paid less for NHL game-used jerseys. Sens management wanted to squeeze all the juice they could from that lemon. Funny to see them still selling All-Star plastic tumblers for $19.99

Inside sources tell me the Sens store may have produced 50-100 custom Sens All-Star jerseys in normal sizes (never saw one, and I was there early for both events), the rest of us paid sweetly for them, of course nobody fully capitalized on their sales with the markups compared to the in-store customized price of $199.99.

They played the same game at the end-of-season sale in April.

The 50% off non-signed Sens gear DOES INCLUDE opening night, January 21.

To the Carpet-cleaner and league arrogance victor Jeff Hunt: Why did you STRATEGICALLY PLAN TO REBUILD your competitive and thus p*** away any advantage you inherited during the short and greatly fortunate tenure in a real world-class venue where the ceiling remains intact?

Go RAVENS! Great to see egomaniac Brady choke once again in the big game, now 8 years and running.

Wow, there is like 700% more vitriol in this post than is needed.

Also - Let me clear up a few things:

1) The Sens ordered the All Star merchandise, though all price-points were set by the league. Don't blame the Sens for ANY of the prices. So cups, jerseys, whatever - if it had an All Star logo, that was the League's pricing structure. Don't blame the Sens for that.

2) The reason why they had no whites (and why white Sens jerseys have been on sale at various stores in the area for the past year - Sports Experts is a good example) is that Reebok has been offering retailers promos on the white jerseys to clear their stock out. For instance, retail cost on a premiere jersey is about $60-65 (depending on your relationship with RBK and what sales plan a store has registered for - you can be a "platinum" dealer, or a "gold" dealer, etc... different levels offer different prices, and open up a wider range of products), but RBK was offering some stores a heavy discount on the whites, to encourage store-sales on the whites. Especially the pros.
What that means (why the whites have been discounted over the past year), in the long run, is still unknown (new white jersey? Changing something about the jersey? Maybe they just made WAY too many whites? No idea.)

3) Of course, when they had a 40% sale, the Alfie/EK/Michalek/etc... stuff wasn't included. We used to do that ALL the time when I worked sports apparel. That stuff will sell just as much at full price as it would on sale. Why throw money away? Take your top-10 sellers off the floor, and knock everything else down. When you have a sale, you want to move your dogs - all the crud that won't sell at full price. Almost every store in the history of retail does this: discount your mid-to-low moving product. EVERY STORE DOES THIS. It's just not as visible in some stores. I guarantee though, that any store you go to, the products on sale any more than a token amount (say 10-15%), those products are either the dogs (they can't sell them at full pop), or the brand has offered the product to the stores at reduced cost for them, to encourage a sale.

... Several months for a customization, though, is pretty inexcusable. Anything more than 2-3 weeks, unless there are extenuating circumstances (xmas rush, for example), is pretty unforgivable. I have no idea why that would have happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->