So who is buying a half price jersey?

Droc

Classless
Jul 17, 2010
In my house.
Yesterday was lame. Drove out to SBP to pickup a few items and change a jersey size....frigging 67's game on. Me and the family parking a mile away and walking there only to be told we cant go in without a ticket. :(

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Yesterday was lame. Drove out to SBP to pickup a few items and change a jersey size....frigging 67's game on. Me and the family parking a mile away and walking there only to be told we cant go in without a ticket. :(

They wouldn't let you in throw the Sens store doors? Weird.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Ordered my Silfverberg home jersey today. The Sens store at sbp only had 3 authentic edge jerseys, unfortunately one was just a bit too small and the others were like a 60 so I had to get an indo-edge :(

You bought an authentic Silf jersey? Risky

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Or he can rip one of the 3s off and have a nice new Methot jersey :sarcasm:

methot_zpsbfb200de.jpg

Looks legit

KINgGh0sT

Jun 23, 2007
Ottawa/Gatineau
As usual there is a great deal of misinformation on this promotion, hence let me clear up what this sale is:

In typical shady Senators marketing fashion, this does exclude a number of items in the storewide sale that are never mentioned, even in the fine print:
-anything 67s related is always FULL PRICE (yes, Jeff Hunt and his OHL-worst - and fully planned - 0.200 winning % believes you should pay 100% of an NHL price for an OHL jersey even when the NHL jerseys are 50% off)
-anything signed is always FULL PRICE
-any sticks are always FULL PRICE
-any other non-Sens goods FULL PRICE (though not the case last April)

During the open practices last week at the very start of the sale, Sensations at SBP had exactly 0.0 of the $229.99 semi-pro custom jerseys in the away white. Insider tip: They NEVER HAVE ANY. Sens only want to hawk the ubiquitous home reds, easily the weakest of the current three offerings.

Of the oversold home reds, almost all were size S or XXL unless you favor Konopka or Kuba. On the heritages, next to nothing was customized (only saw Cowen and Gonchar S); even blank heritages were S or XXL.
This is typical of the Sens.

At least this year they equalized the price for the weak pool of customized jerseys offered in-store vs the customized ones you wait a month or longer for. Of course, as a thank-you for the lockout, they just quietly increased the price of the in-store customs $30 (up until a couple months ago $199.99; now $229.99). Last year during the 50% off sale, you could buy semi-pro customs of the home red Alfie etc. for $199.99, of which there were few in store. Virtually no heritage customs in normal sizes were available all season.

In 2011-12, Sensations sold non-customs for $129.99 and customization for $99.99, so you paid $229.98 for a custom they never offered for sale on the shelf vs. $199.99 for the few size S or XXL that were ever available in store. Thus a donation of $30 to Sensations for their lack of inventory (more for the All-Star game jerseys) was given by anyone who bought a custom in 2011-12, but I wanted a rare Alfie All Star which was never available in the team store (at $299.98, a $50 donation for their planned lack of inventory). And it took 4 MONTHS for the customization, and I did all the follow-up as there was no call to say the legend was ready (happened on all 3 customs last year). Season was long gone when I got the Alfie from Sensations from the January All-Star break.

When the Sens had a mid-season 40% off sale right after the All-Star break, there were exactly 0.0 Alfie/EK65/Spezza/Michalek in-store. Again, this was planned. Nobody in-store likely explained it properly, but as a seasoned veteran in dealing with these folks and their inane, backwards setup, your one and only bet for a custom Sens All-Star jersey at the very arena it was played in was to buy an overpriced blank All-Star at $149.99 and pay the grossly overpriced $149.99 customization fee (it's still $99.99 for any other jersey, so $299.98 for your semi-pro All-Star less any 'deal'). Yeah. I bought, though paid less for NHL game-used jerseys. Sens management wanted to squeeze all the juice they could from that lemon. Funny to see them still selling All-Star plastic tumblers for $19.99; greed never gives up.

Inside sources tell me the Sens store may have produced 50-100 custom Sens All-Star jerseys in normal sizes (never saw one, and I was there early for both events), the rest of us paid sweetly for them, of course nobody fully capitalized on their sales given the in-store customized price of $199.99 which was rarely offered.

They played the same game at the end-of-season sale in April.

The 50% off non-signed Sens gear DOES INCLUDE opening night, January 21.

To the Carpet-cleaner and league arrogance victor Jeff Hunt: Why did you STRATEGICALLY PLAN TO REBUILD your competitive team and thus p*** away any advantage you inherited during the short and greatly fortunate tenure in a real world-class venue where the ceiling remains intact?

Go RAVENS! Great to see egomaniac Brady choke once again in the big game, now 8 years and running.

Not true, we got a Jets jersey customized for 50% off.

agent2421

Feb 3, 2008
Ottawa
Just got myself a white Karlsson Jersey!! Thought about getting the heritage but I wanted one with the logo instead. Great investment for the next 10+ years, and probably will add a letter soon enough.

stigs17

Dec 3, 2005
Carpet cleaner Jeff Hunt has benefitted from a world-class NHL venue as opposed to a hazardous building with leaks and a falling ceiling. What's next, the ceiling caves in and kills 2,000? Clumps were falling in December 2008 during the world-class WJHC, one narrowly missed my group. Hardly a concession to offer 50% off jerseys for the 10 on the shelf for the home opener.

Any lack of attendance for the 67s can be attributed to poor planning from a group that actively chose to rebuild and subject Ottawa to the WORST (20th out of 20 most of the season) team in the OHL when they had the ability to capitalize on a 20,500 seat arena and a well-known NHL lockout with a public starved for quality hockey.

Bonk
If you wish to attack intelligence with opinion, a constant “NO IDEA” on your end fails to instill confidence to the well-informed. There is nothing to clear up here. I just seek to inform the masses.

Unlike you, I have known the manager of the Sens store for years, and have actually laid down significant cash, and yes, I do know how the business operates and only wish to inform customers on here based on my significant experience rather than passive-aggressives posing as experts.

Last edited:

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
It sounds like you have some personal problems with people that run the 67's org. Posting on a public forum and acting superior to the other posters here is not going to fix those problems.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Meh 67's are in a lot of trouble this year I'm thinking they're hurting compared to last year.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Carpet cleaner Jeff Hunt has benefitted from a world-class NHL venue as opposed to a hazardous building with leaks and a falling ceiling. What's next, the ceiling caves in and kills 2,000? Clumps were falling in December 2008 during the world-class WJHC, one narrowly missed my group. Hardly a concession to offer 50% off jerseys for the 10 on the shelf for the home opener.

Any lack of attendance for the 67s can be attributed to poor planning from a group that actively chose to rebuild and subject Ottawa to the WORST (20th out of 20 most of the season) team in the OHL when they had the ability to capitalize on a 20,500 seat arena and a well-known NHL lockout with a public starved for quality hockey.

Bonk
If you wish to attack intelligence with opinion, a constant “NO IDEA†on your end fails to instill confidence to the well-informed. There is nothing to clear up here. I just seek to inform the masses.

Unlike you, I have known the manager of the Sens store for years, and have actually laid down significant cash, and yes, I do know how the business operates and only wish to inform customers on here based on my significant experience rather than passive-aggressives posing as experts.
If he sees any of the former, I'm sure he'll let you know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad