So... When do we get new jerseys?

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Lets not forget all of those teal sharks we see on tv during shark week!

Oh.

upload_2020-11-17_17-39-11.jpeg

^ where sharks live

Reactions: Jets 31

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Do people really think those red jerseys look good? Looks like a red velvet hockey jersey

The grey ones are ok. I would have to see them on the ice first though.
Red velour... like a mob boss's tracksuit.

Ties in both the RED and the TRACKSUIT parts of our history

I like how you think

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
It's better than the aviator for sure. At least the logo is good.

Give it up already. You've been raging about jerseys for 9 years now, and I've lost count of how many threads you've started about it and how many times you've claimed your opinion is universal. They've released 3 jerseys now with your precious 80's logo. Do you even own any of these? I suggest you buy all three of them, wear them at home, and admire yourself in the mirror while running archive footage in the background. Peace out. :p

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Give it up already. You've been raging about jerseys for 9 years now, and I've lost count of how many threads you've started about it and how many times you've claimed your opinion is universal. They've released 3 jerseys now with your precious 80's logo. Do you even own any of these? I suggest you buy all three of them, wear them at home, and admire yourself in the mirror while running archive footage in the background. Peace out. :p
in case you weren't aware, this board's purpose is for people to opine.
let him be.

eepruls

Jan 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Ours are so ugly and drab. Why? Because everything is too dark. If you're gonna go with a dark grey, you need a lighter colour to balance. So if your blue is gonna be darker, you gotta go more with a light silver. And if you're gonna choose a dark, greenish grey as the primary 'colour', then the blue has to be lighter. Or use white accent. And a splash of red. Instead it's dark blue with dark grey. The logo doesn't stand out like it should. Nothing does. It's just dark, and boring, and depressing. Ugh. I'm not a huge fan of the aviators but at least they have a brighter colour and a little panache.

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
Ours are so ugly and drab. Why? Because everything is too dark. If you're gonna go with a dark grey, you need a lighter colour to balance. So if your blue is gonna be darker, you gotta go more with a light silver. And if you're gonna choose a dark, greenish grey as the primary 'colour', then the blue has to be lighter. Or use white accent. And a splash of red. Instead it's dark blue with dark grey. The logo doesn't stand out like it should. Nothing does. It's just dark, and boring, and depressing. Ugh. I'm not a huge fan of the aviators but at least they have a brighter colour and a little panache.

Sounds like a perfect representation for 2020....

Reactions: eepruls and Jets 31

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
This thread just shows how subjective taste is. FWIW I listen to a hockey podcast by two guys in California who are obviously unbiased. They both ranked the Jets jersey as one of the better ones. Top 3 jersey.
I think that is an outlier opinion. The Athletic did a power ranking of all the Retro Reverse jerseys and the Jets tied for 26th (with Philly and Anaheim) with an average score of 4.3 out of 10. Only the Stars, Wings and Isles finished lower.

"More than a quarter of our panelists gave this a 1...Gray is an awful primary color and putting a bad logo on it doesn’t help."

Grey IS an awful primary colour for a jersey. The old pie-plate logo was not good. Nostalgia clouds many people's judgement about it, but make no mistake: if anyone proposed that as a new logo today they'd be laughed out of the...uh...logo factory. Taking the red out only hurts.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I think that is an outlier opinion. The Athletic did a power ranking of all the Retro Reverse jerseys and the Jets tied for 26th (with Philly and Anaheim) with an average score of 4.3 out of 10. Only the Stars, Wings and Isles finished lower.

"More than a quarter of our panelists gave this a 1...Gray is an awful primary color and putting a bad logo on it doesn’t help."

Grey IS an awful primary colour for a jersey. The old pie-plate logo was not good. Nostalgia clouds many people's judgement about it, but make no mistake: if anyone proposed that as a new logo today they'd be laughed out of the...uh...logo factory. Taking the red out only hurts.

It's like looking at an earlier jersey on an old console TV where someone has gone and messed with the Tint knob. :nod:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

I'm waiting to see it on ice. Toronto and Montreal have gone blue this year, so we would have been overkill. Ottawa stays red, Calgary goes black. Vancouver goes green. I mean for retro we could have gone yellow for the Winnipeg Falcons, but that's too retro, and not very distinguishable from other yellow teams. Jets blue/red/white were knockoffs of the Rangers, so maybe more red would have been different, but I am not sure Winnipeg is a red team. Blue and gold would have been different. But gold in the NHL is the Knights territory. Unfortunately our grey looks a lot like theirs. This isn't my favourite jersey by any means, I think last year's heritage was a classic, with the darker blue, but I don't hate it either. I hope there is a Hawerchuk patch on it. Bringing back this one too would be a good cause.
OIP.Bc5LhI6XDsBQwvrHZS0vRgAAAA

Reactions: Moe Mantha

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I still think it's a decent design but maybe not best for a jersey
It really will come down to how it looks on the ice, looking forward to seeing that

Reactions: Jets 31

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad