So... When do we get new jerseys?

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
No way - the worst ones are the ones where they didn't even try. Look at the Islanders, or Red Wings.

This is a gimmick for a very weird season and they're probably only going to be worn a handful of times. The best ones are the ones that embraced the weird and really went for it, like Vancouver or Anaheim or the Blues. Why does a team named "Blues" wear a red sweater? No idea - it makes no sense. But just got for it as the gimmick it is.

Ours is fine, it doesn't look bad. But it's grey - it's bland and boring.

I guess that's where I'm coming from. It's bland and boring. I get from reading articles about the process that they needed to look at who would be playing who so that they both didn't go white. So if they plan to have us play the Wild and Oilers in the jerseys we needed to go dark and we just did aviator blue.

They have to be saving the 90s version for something else so I just don't see why we wouldn't lean into red instead of boring grey. Why no spark of red anywhere?

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Man, the Coyotes hit a f***ing home run with their jerseys. Minnesota too.

The Arizona one is somehow awesome, I'm almost tempted to get one even though I generally have nothing to do with getting random jerseys.
The purple is very sharp and works well with the kachina design.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
Vegas, since it has no history, modeled their retro on the old Las Vegas Thunder of the IHL.

d52ffdabffa96c4f.jpg
Well I guess that would be it, eh?

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
It's not my speculation this is from reputable print sources such as the Free Press. Can you cite where Chipman stated this? Never heard or read that myself.

A long interview he gave with CJOB the summer he bought the team. The interviewer asked about Polar Bears and he said they were considering Bears not Polar Bears. I’m paraphrasing. I believe the interview can be found on YouTube if you care to listen to it.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
A long interview he gave with CJOB the summer he bought the team. The interviewer asked about Polar Bears and he said they were considering Bears not Polar Bears. I’m paraphrasing. I believe the interview can be found on YouTube if you care to listen to it.

If you can provide the link sure

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The silver/gray is going to ruin the whole thing. But I'm someone who loves the Aviator jersey, so what do I know

:laugh: This and the Aviator share a common flaw - dull. Whoever is making these decisions for the Jets is conservative to a fault.

That said, these are not bad. I like it better than the Aviators.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Hope Thomson is at least 50/50 , i just checked and he's the richest man in Canada. Guy is worth 39 billion dollars and with Covid the Jets might need some of that coin.

I read something here a couple of years ago that followed the progression of the relationship between Thomson and Chipman. Was knowledgeable up to a point. I don't remember the exact number they came up with but I think it was in the 12% range, maybe 15%. That was still quite a while ago and the writer speculated that Thomson's share might have grown in the meantime but no number was given.

The way the Jets have spent real money in this off-season, rather than cost cutting, I would speculate that Thomson is underwriting some losses. It wouldn't surprise me if he is increasing his ownership as a result. This is very speculative however.

Reactions: Jets 31

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Is that really the Ducks one? Or is someone playing a little joke? :laugh:

Some of these are good. Some bad. There are a couple that I'm not sure which team they belong to. :laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It took me a while to figure out what team this even is...I THINK it's Vegas? How could Vegas even have a retro jersey? This is just weird.

Weird - but sooooooo much better than their regular jerseys, which are the absolute worst.

Reactions: Oilpeg

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

I think this is what the Bears jerseys would have looked like.

MOOSE_JH2.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad