So... When do we get new jerseys?

Section 325

Nov 5, 2014
Calgary, AB
Jersey.png

I made this as sort of a melding of the current jersey, the Royal Air Force jersey, with a faint nod to the 90s Jets jersey

It is also somewhat inspired by my house.

133765772_184785093352798_6346656349262152768_n.jpg

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
I got a Laine reverse retro for 90-something bucks in the mail and I have to say these jerseys are really growing on me. They look spectacular in person I love wearing them around the city

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Sorry if this has already been discussed ITT but does anyone know if the reverse retro jerseys are only for this year? Or will we wear it from time to time in future seasons a la the heritage ones? I’m really starting to like them

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
I got a Laine reverse retro for 90-something bucks in the mail and I have to say these jerseys are really growing on me. They look spectacular in person I love wearing them around the city

I like the Jersey but the one I got didn't have very good contrast in the logo. The cobalt blue did stand out from the navy. Printing error, not design.

Hein57

Feb 5, 2021
Sorry if this has already been discussed ITT but does anyone know if the reverse retro jerseys are only for this year? Or will we wear it from time to time in future seasons a la the heritage ones? I’m really starting to like them
Still unknown, but i'd like to see them more as well. Really enjoying my Hellebuyck jersey. They do look good on ice with the full uniform.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Still unknown, but i'd like to see them more as well. Really enjoying my Hellebuyck jersey. They do look good on ice with the full uniform.

They could replace the aviator one AFAIC.

But we have 4 different jerseys now and I could say goodbye to 3 of them. The only 1 I actually like is the HC one. The others are all dull and unimaginative, IMO.

In descending order:
Heritage Classic
Regular
Reverse Retro
Aviator

They won't completely drop any of the jerseys as long as they are still selling but I would stop using all but the HC. Just abandon the others. Come out with a new 2nd jersey in a couple of years. Spend that time carefully thinking it out and designing it. If you can't make it really good and memorable then don't do it.

Hein57

Feb 5, 2021
Crappy Fanatics one I think. I really didn't know the difference when I ordered it online tbh. If I had been in the shop I wouldn't have bought it.
A Fanatics jerseys has just a flat printed crest. Kinda has almost a rubbery feel. Adidas jerseys have an actual stitched crest. Much higher quality. Also the adidas will have a fight strap in the back.

Hein57

Feb 5, 2021
oh man I don't get peoples beef with fanatics. I love the feel of them and the fit,.

My biggest beef with Fanatics is the poor quality crest. Also it just doesn't feel like i'm wearing a jersey. It feels more like a regular sweater. I like that real jersey weight and feel. I only have one Fanatics jersey and the only reason i havent sold it is because its signed by the team.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
TOO MANY JERSEYS!
All teams need is home/away and maybe one for a special weirdo night. The vintage ones can be brought out from time to time also.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
oh man I don't get peoples beef with fanatics. I love the feel of them and the fit,.
Fanatics are a good bang for your buck. I just don’t like how they do the crest, and also, usually the names are heat pressed on whereas Adidas does pro stitching. It hurts, but i shell out the extra $100 or so to get the Adidas ones.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
Fanatics are a good bang for your buck. I just don’t like how they do the crest, and also, usually the names are heat pressed on whereas Adidas does pro stitching. It hurts, but i shell out the extra $100 or so to get the Adidas ones.

I totally accepted that I'm in the minority here. For me, it's not that it's a bang for my buck, or better price, I literally prefer wearing them over the expensive ones.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I agree we have too many jerseys — especially since I’m trying to collect them — as a student, it hurts the bank account. BUT, how would people feel about a Thrashers throwback? You see teams like Carolina and Colorado doing this. Please don’t rake me over the coals for this idea!

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I totally accepted that I'm in the minority here. For me, it's not that it's a bang for my buck, or better price, I literally prefer wearing them over the expensive ones.
Works out nicely for you then! Save some extra money. Plus, a lot of casual people wouldn’t even be able to tell the difference

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I agree we have too many jerseys — especially since I’m trying to collect them — as a student, it hurts the bank account. BUT, how would people feel about a Thrashers throwback? You see teams like Carolina and Colorado doing this. Please don’t rake me over the coals for this idea!

Get out. :sarcasm:

Personally I both don't like associating the Jets with the Thrashers and don't like the Thrashers' jerseys, but it's possible it could work if they made them nicer or somewhat of a hybrid.
Which Thrashers jersey do you want? The white ones are fine but boring, the light blue ones are reminiscent of our 3rd colour scheme along with some ridiculous asymmetry, and those strange red/blue ones are somewhat tacky IMO.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
The one thing I will give the RR jersey credit for is giving us the Adidas jersey hoodie which is snazzy af. The uniform itself is a bust, let me just be clear.View attachment 386715

Yeah ever since seeing them I thought they looked more like hoodies than jerseys
It's a more subtle thing to wear out and about - I might consider getting one at some point

Reactions: purdy44

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Get out. :sarcasm:

Personally I both don't like associating the Jets with the Thrashers and don't like the Thrashers' jerseys, but it's possible it could work if they made them nicer or somewhat of a hybrid.
Which Thrashers jersey do you want? The white ones are fine but boring, the light blue ones are reminiscent of our 3rd colour scheme along with some ridiculous asymmetry, and those strange red/blue ones are somewhat tacky IMO.
I think the third one you mentioned because it's the least ugly IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad