So... When do we get new jerseys?

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Real waste of an opportunity for TNSE. Having cash flow problems? Sell a whiteout 90’s style jersey as a means to say, “when we’re able to get back together, we’ll celebrate the whiteout in downtown Winnipeg like never before”. Would have sold like mad.

Yeah but this Reverse Retro gimmick is coming from league HQ. I'm pretty sure the Jets are saving a 90s retro jersey for some future special occasion when it won't be overshadowed by 30 other jerseys being released at the same time.

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

purdy44

Registered Loser
Feb 8, 2013
Lac Seul, ON
Would've loved to have seen a 90s reverse retro jersey with the primary blue and red being switched. Maybe someone can Photoshop that? Imagine an all red jersey with white stripes, blue outlines, and blue pantsView attachment 376557
I did a super duper rough job with this. It looks too much like Washington, but I still prefer it over the ones we got
unnamed.png

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
I still want to see a decent take on a whiteout jersey someday.

Side note: Jets honour old Winnipeg team, Minnesota honours old Minnesota team, but Colorado and Carolina dress up in the corpse of another city's team. I would have felt weird going thrashers for this, but only because during the dark era, seeing Arizona skating in Jets jerseys would have induced bile.

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
I still want to see a decent take on a whiteout jersey someday.

Side note: Jets honour old Winnipeg team, Minnesota honours old Minnesota team, but Colorado and Carolina dress up in the corpse of another city's team. I would have felt weird going thrashers for this, but only because during the dark era, seeing Arizona skating in Jets jerseys would have induced bile.

Some teams embrace their past but TBH I kind of like our approach of pretending that the Thrashers never existed. I never liked it when the Coyotes acted like the Jets history had anything to do with them.

kaolinite

Oct 24, 2013
The Grey is Really Nice! Can't beat the white heritage jerseys but this is Second place in my mind. Love the Grey/ ice blue combo and ability to make a a really bland (imo) Jersey design pop. Love it

Reactions: Upperdeckjet

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Yes, I'm aware. But you don't seriously think this was done without consultation right? Like, they just emailed Mark Chipman and TNSE a final draft and said "hey this is cool right?"
i think there's some wiggleroom but not nearly as much input as you think

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I really dislike the lighter blue used as the accent colour on the letter/numbers. It looks fine on the logo but looks really out of place elsewhere.
I also don't get why there's such an aversion to using red.
probably because Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton, St Louis, Habs (home) all are red heavy and in our "region"

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Jets...It's OK... needed just a bit of colour in there somewhere. Nothing I'll ever buy, but it could have been a lot worse.

The worst IMO:

Em9B092XUAAHsJx

I just think ugly Vancouver Canucks when I look at this for some reason.

Em89MrPXIAMOeNL

This should get you banned from the league.

Em8-B6_XIAAjBI7

This was ugly the first time. Age doesn't make it better.

And Colorado and Carolina... just wrong.

None

Feb 22, 2012
This is exactly how I wear my jerseys so it's nice to see this. Also nice to see some slim women modelling them as that's what I am, as well as the ladies wearing the proper jerseys rather than some weird fitted women's version.

Yeah, I tend to wear jerseys with a hoodie as well when it's nice enough out. It's just a weird way to model them to me when the focus should be on the jersey.
It made my mind jump to shirseys rather than an actual official jersey.

And they definitely should just offer proper jersey cuts in sizes below 46/medium for women, the womens cut jerseys that taper in and tend to have different collars and cuffs never end up looking good. I can't say I've ever even heard anyone praise teams for offering them either, just complaints that there aren't just regular hockey cuts in smaller sizes.

MosTLucky

May 25, 2016
I find the jets jersey incredibly boring. Replace the grey with red or powder blue and it becomes a lot better. It looks like the designers were color blind jeez. So much potential with our reverse retro and they blew it

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
Jets...It's OK... needed just a bit of colour in there somewhere. Nothing I'll ever buy, but it could have been a lot worse.

The worst IMO:

Em9B092XUAAHsJx

I just think ugly Vancouver Canucks when I look at this for some reason.
It took me a while to figure out what team this even is...I THINK it's Vegas? How could Vegas even have a retro jersey? This is just weird.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
No, the speculated front runner, before fans inundated TNSE with feedback, was Polar Bears and Falcons.

Falcons isn't bad, but the fact these bozos were considering anything but Jets demonstrates bad taste.

I don't really care about your speculation. Mark Chipman himself said they were considering Bears not Polar Bears.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
I agree. I would argue that our retro reverse jersey is the worst one in the entire league. :(

No way - the worst ones are the ones where they didn't even try. Look at the Islanders, or Red Wings.

This is a gimmick for a very weird season and they're probably only going to be worn a handful of times. The best ones are the ones that embraced the weird and really went for it, like Vancouver or Anaheim or the Blues. Why does a team named "Blues" wear a red sweater? No idea - it makes no sense. But just got for it as the gimmick it is.

Ours is fine, it doesn't look bad. But it's grey - it's bland and boring.

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
I don’t hate these but don’t really love them... still better than our regular home or aways.
Going to give it a #4
IMO best active jerseys are
1. Blue Heritage Jersey
2. White Heritage Jersey
3. Aviator Blue Jersey
4. Reverse Retro Grey Jersey
5. Away White Regular Jersey
6. Blue Home Regular Jersey

Reactions: purdy44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad