So what's wrong with the room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Can we please stop gossiping? I see enough of the celebrity junk all over the news I don't need it creeping into my hobbies as well. No one knows if there is a rift and no one is going to know either.

We are just reporting what we are hearing (including myself). We are a regular joe shmoes (i.e Jets fans) that are hearing this. We are not paparazzi looking to make a dime. I have always included caveats to take what I hear for whats it's worth. If there is friction in the room, I think it's a worthy discussion. Speculation is part of being in a message board like this. You can always skip this thread.

Last edited:

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
We are just reporting what we are hearing (including myself). We are a regular joe shmoes (i.e Jets fans) that are hearing this. We are not paparazzi looking to make a dime. I have alway included caveats to take what I hear for whats it's worth. If there is friction in the room, I think it's a worthy discussion. Speculation is part of being in a message board like this. You can always skip this thread.
Personally I agree with you, but I think the mods will have a problem with some of this gossip.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
I hear the National Enquirer is hiring, some of you clowns should apply. Not one of you have any clue what goes on in that room you are all spewing verbal diarrhea and making it sound like you are on the inside, what a bunch of f***ing Pejorative Slurs!

Briscodog

May 2, 2016
Ok. Here we go. I don't post here very often. Believe me or don't believe me. I don't care, but here's the scoop.

1. 55 and 26 haven't talked since Xmas. A rift has developed over the stupidest thing. Anyone else notice that 26 deleted his Twitter account?
2. Buff runs the room and some of the younger players aren't too keen on it. Buff is old school and the younger players are from the millennial mindset. Go back and count how many times Maurice has said in the last month that Buff "is our highest paid player". Now we all know Maurice says everything for a reason. Media savviness is one of his strong points. He was sending a message to the young players that Buff is the boss in the room.
3. Patrik Laine. So the Laine issue has two different paths. First there's resentment of what his contract extension will look like this summer. Some of the current RFA's are upset that they'll be asked to take a lower deal to facilitate a Laine mega-deal. It is not a coincidence that Laine was in the top 5 of the NHLPA's player poll for most over-rated player. Second his aloof nature bothers the team overall. He very rarely goes out for supper with his teammates when on the road. It is not unusual for him to go to Best Buy and buy a bigger TV for his hotel room when on the road to play his Playstation on and then just leave it there when they checkout. He spends no time outside of his apartment when at home. I am not editorializing here.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I heard Scheifele and Wheeler and Maurice made a pact to not have to play with Laine. Makes sense given Laine tanked every line he was on

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Wheeler should have been traded and Stone traded for two seasons ago.

Lowry should be the captain or maybe Scheif. His post game interview was BS.

I'd trade Ehlers if the return was right...don't need a player that disappears in the playoffs. As far as his zone entries go, he usually gives up the puck after circling the O zone once or twice anyway.

Bye to Myers, Chiarot (unless he is a 4LHD), Hayes and MP. I'd trade Wheeler but he has a NMC for 2 or 3 years. He should play on a line with Little as the center.

We probably lose Tanev to free agency and trade Trouba in the off season. I'd like to see Trochek for trouba. He was on a 64 point pace before his leg injury and stunned people with how quickly he was back.

Poolman, Niku and Appleseed should all play on the Jets next season. Poolman only if Trouba's or someone else's trade doesn't bring in a replacement. Otherwise, he should be the 4RHD (I am assuming Niku plays the right side).

Copper, Brossoit, Roslo, Laine and KC will all be re-signed this summer but for how much? I don't think Copper gets the 3m people are talking about but I think he will get over 2m per season. I can't see Roslo getting too much more than 1.4m per season.

Of course, KC and Laine are the 2 biggest question marks. I'd lock them both up long term if it doesn't cost too much. 7m and 8.25m respectively?

Briscodog

May 2, 2016
Winnipeg is a small town. It's not that hard to find the information. You just need to know where to look.

Reactions: amethyst

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
If I said there was a purple dinosaur named Kenny in the Jets dressing room and posted it here, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have a bunch of other posters saying "Yeah I heard the same thing". There is a correlation with what we are hearing.. The fact there are various people hearing similar things, says (to me) that there is probably some validity to them. That's strengthened when you here official sources indicating a possible issue (Players only meeting, Wheeler saying they all need to pull on the same rope. etc) How much validity to these rumours and exactly why? Who knows. I have alway said to take what I hear with a grain of salt.

Briscodog

May 2, 2016
If I said there was a purple dinosaur named Kenny in the Jets dressing room and posted it here, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have a bunch of other posters saying "Yeah I heard the same thing". There is a correlation with what we are hearing.. The fact there are various people hearing similar things, says (to me) that there is probably some validity to them. That's strengthened when you here official sources indicating a possible issue (Players only meeting, Wheeler saying they all need to pull on the same rope. ) How much validity to these rumours and exactly why? Who knows. I have alway said to take what I hear with a grain of salt.

The local media knows what going on but are careful to report it so they don't get put into Paul Wiecek Detention. That being said I wouldn't be surprised if some of what I alluded to in a previous post wasn't repeated by McIntyre from the Freep in an upcoming column. No, he is not my source.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Yeah, I am disappointed at his playoff performances to date.
I'm disappointed at his whole season to be honest...someone said he doesn't get credit for his good stretches so I looked up his points for this season game by game...horrible. A 2nd and Ehlers for Lindholm would make me a happy camper and Vaseline should replace him nicely.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I hear the National Enquirer is hiring, some of you clowns should apply. Not one of you have any clue what goes on in that room you are all spewing verbal diarrhea and making it sound like you are on the inside, what a bunch of ****ing ******s!
Speak for yourself. I'm sure there are a handful of people who have some insight into whats going on. Besides, you really have to try hard not to see it.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I heard Maurice, Scheifele and Wheeler are wizards and spend their weekends putting hexes on Laine and Ehlers and worshipping Satan.

I heard that too from a friend who’s cousin does business with True North.

Give they traded for Hendricks and had a player only meeting, this must be true!

giphy.gif

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
I have heard things similar to whats being said and all of this - if true - makes the Hendricks trade make way, way more sense now (and almost like a good idea -in a 'oh man my house is on fire - i better buy a fire extinguisher right now!' type way).

slurpee addict

Winter is Coming
Jul 13, 2018
Winnipeg
Friesen is a good reporter. Probably deserves this attitude the least. But it's a heat of the moment deal. I don't think it's a huge deal. I'm going to bet that Wheeler apologizes.
Wheeler apologize? That'll be the day. He's the most arrogant of captains I've seen. I don't question his effort on the ice generally, but what we've seen consistently otherwise is different. What Captain has a fist fight with one of his teammates. Do that in your workplace with a subordinate. Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce