So what's wrong with the room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Ok so let me see if I got this straight, half the team hate each other ie. the good players and the other half ie. the bad players will be traded (let go) .......... can't wait for next year.:naughty:

ovythegiraffe

Nov 26, 2018
Those pics ruin the narrative of all the insiders.

Could still have been proposed and caused some friction. Wouldn't be surprised if it was true since Scheif and Wheeler come off as pretty militant people. But there's pictures of Scheifele in Helsinki wearing what looks like a t-shirt from Wallmart you'd wear to bead, so all of this is reaching quite a bit.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
I haven't heard anything through the grapevine but I thought the Hendy trade was odd. Hearing the possible locker room issues makes the trade make a tonne of sense.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Definitely not the Kiss Cam. That can stay in the previous century. Nice try though.

Agreed, the Kiss Cam was an abomination. It basically said to any man and woman who could be sitting together for any number of reasons that do not involve them being an intimate couple... here monkeys, perform for our amusement. It was almost bullying. Amazing it lasted as long as it did. Good riddance.

Reactions: irunthepeg

cdem72

Oct 27, 2017
I mean that's easy for any one of us to say sitting across a TV. He's in the trenches and just lost a tough series. He's still in battle mode mentality. Not in PC snowflake let's say the right words right now mentality.
Remember, with two and a half minutes to go Wheeler tries to beat his man and the puck gets taken away, he then high sticks him for four minutes, so he gets to sit in he box for the rest of the game while we have an empty net and actually try to make it close.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Wheeler should have been traded and Stone traded for two seasons ago.

Lowry should be the captain or maybe Scheif. His post game interview was BS.

I'd trade Ehlers if the return was right...don't need a player that disappears in the playoffs. As far as his zone entries go, he usually gives up the puck after circling the O zone once or twice anyway.

Bye to Myers, Chiarot (unless he is a 4LHD), Hayes and MP. I'd trade Wheeler but he has a NMC for 2 or 3 years. He should play on a line with Little as the center.

We probably lose Tanev to free agency and trade Trouba in the off season. I'd like to see Trochek for trouba. He was on a 64 point pace before his leg injury and stunned people with how quickly he was back.

Poolman, Niku and Appleseed should all play on the Jets next season. Poolman only if Trouba's or someone else's trade doesn't bring in a replacement. Otherwise, he should be the 4RHD (I am assuming Niku plays the right side).

Copper, Brossoit, Roslo, Laine and KC will all be re-signed this summer but for how much? I don't think Copper gets the 3m people are talking about but I think he will get over 2m per season. I can't see Roslo getting too much more than 1.4m per season.

Of course, KC and Laine are the 2 biggest question marks. I'd lock them both up long term if it doesn't cost too much. 7m and 8.25m respectively?
Little light on the salaries I'm afraid

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
I guess the pundits that claimed Winnipeg couldn't support the NHL long term were right then. Nothing is good enough for Winnipeg sports fans. Ship the team back to Atlanta and the hockey fans here can once again focus on the Moose.

:jets
That's quite the leap there guy.

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
It's a forum to discuss things. If you're expecting no gossip, that's a massive miscalculation on your end.

I agree it's a forum to discuss things, but it's literally in the rules not to post hearsay. This isn't TMZ, if you have a source bring it to the mods to vet you instead of posting weak rumours.

Reactions: Gotaf7

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I haven't heard anything through the grapevine but I thought the Hendy trade was odd. Hearing the possible locker room issues makes the trade make a tonne of sense.
Well you dont trade for Hendrick to put him in the jets starting line up.
There is no way he is better than the top 12. Not even close to mile.
So he was here to take instagram photos and videos to show that all is well in the Jets land behind the scene.

:)

Reactions: Zippity

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Well I don’t know what’s going on in the dressing room with chemistry but it was apparent there wasn’t much on the ice at times.
Maybe expectations were far too high?
Some players were not good all year or didn’t play to expectations
Matty and Roslo come to mind.
Helle took a while to come around.
Buff injured twice
Jomo didn’t look 100% to finish off obviously.
Laine struggled.
Ehlers struggled at the beginning of the season and playoffs
KFC struggled at mid season
Kuli was inconsistent
Myers was inconsistent
Little got shuffled all over the place.
Chiarot was inconsistent.
Maybe just maybe last year was the peak who knows.
I’m guessing Maurice has a short top next year.
Will Trouba be gone?... likely
Myers??? Who knows.
Big off season ahead

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
This came from Shawn Matthias on TSN 1050 radio, not 4th hand telephone hearsay.

Yet there is all kinds of photos of them on the road in street clothes, who knows maybe they are photo shopped massive stretch to say that Wheeler and sheifs demand nothing but suits in public, game day yes days off I call bull shit!

Reactions: Naturaledge

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Well I don’t know what’s going on in the dressing room with chemistry but it was apparent there wasn’t much on the ice at times.
Maybe expectations were far too high?
Some players were not good all year or didn’t play to expectations
Matty and Roslo come to mind.
Helle took a while to come around.
Buff injured twice
Jomo didn’t look 100% to finish off obviously.
Laine struggled.
Ehlers struggled at the beginning of the season and playoffs
KFC struggled at mid season
Kuli was inconsistent
Myers was inconsistent
Little got shuffled all over the place.
Chiarot was inconsistent.
Maybe just maybe last year was the peak who knows.
I’m guessing Maurice has a short leash next year.
Will Trouba be gone?... likely
Myers??? Who knows.
Big off season ahead

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Little light on the salaries I'm afraid
You think Roslo gets more than 1.4m?
I can't see Copper getting 3m either to be honest if that's the two you were taking about.
Or were you talking about KC and Laine?

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I actually hope there is something wrong that can be fixed. If there’s nothing wrong then the team just isn’t very good.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
It’s either the players, the coach, or a lack of talent.

I have no idea which one it is. I suspect it’s NOT a lack of talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad