Injury Report: So What's With Brassard? (Day-to-day)

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I'm not trying to get into an argument, but where has it ever been referenced that you have until the recipient of the pass takes possession to hit the passer? I'm not doubting you, I'm just genuinely curious. I always thought that the player throwing the hit had some leeway because, at a certain point, they become committed to the hit and can't reasonably be expected to change course. I didn't think Weaver had reached that point and could have let up or changed course. Again, just my opinion. If there's some kind of evidence to the contrary, then I will freely admit to being wrong.

It's not referenced anywhere. It's just how the rule is called and has been called for years now. If the guys are close to one another, they'll give leeway up until the recipient takes possession.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, with all this talk about Price being injured, the center of the best line we had all season being out is a huge blow. Maybe Price doesn't give up that second goal, but maybe Zucc's line is more effective this game, as it wasn't very effective, at least not like usual.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
BTW, with all this talk about Price being injured, the center of the best line we had all season being out is a huge blow. Maybe Price doesn't give up that second goal, but maybe Zucc's line is more effective this game, as it wasn't very effective, at least not like usual.

Yes, but don't you know Price would've also drastically improved the Habs' transition game and even helped their PP? True story.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Yes, but don't you know Price would've also drastically improved the Habs' transition game and even helped their PP? True story.

Dunno if sarcastic or not, but that's absolutely right. As you might've further explained, his outlet passing ability is tantamount when there's not one but 2 (or 3 at times) open guys to pass to…

johnmd20*

Dunno if sarcastic or not, but that's absolutely right. As you might've further explained, his outlet passing ability is tantamount when there's not one but 2 (or 3 at times) open guys to pass to…

He was being sarcastic.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Yep, Habs fans were all but blaming their poor offensive output on Price being out. It's ridiculous. Great goalie but still somehow gets overrated by his fans. Habs fans are the biggest homers ever.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

The Habs would have gotten 60 shots on goal last night if Jesus were playing. Give me a ****ing break. When will the excuses end? I mean, it must be hard for Habs fans to come to turn that their team loses fair and square but it's getting ridiculous.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007

In other words: Jesus Price would'Ve obviously made the Habs score at least two more goals. So how dare we even talk about losing Brassard, when they not only lost their star goaltender, but also major playmaker. That's why with Price they would easily be up 2-0 this series, because he alone would've set up five goals in the third period of game 1!

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
In other words: Jesus Price would'Ve obviously made the Habs score at least two more goals. So how dare we even talk about losing Brassard, when they not only lost their star goaltender, but also major playmaker.

The Habs have a mix of Wayne Gretzky and Dominik Hasek in net, but a little bit better. Habs fans can't lose on their own merit, it's excuses after excuses.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, the reason Hank only gave up a goal in the last 3 games against the Penguins is because the Penguins don't have Wayne Gretzky in net. If he played against Price every game he'd average something like 5 goals against. True story.

Price played 2 and 2/3 of a game this year against the Giants and Montreal scored a total of 2 goals (one that shouldn't even have counted). Without Gretzky they would have scored 0. MVP!

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
read AV said hes out in French and Day to Day in English:laugh:

I wont be shocked to see him sit till Sunday

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Who knows, AV said in french that Brass is not playing tonight, but in English said he was day to day. Could be messing with the habs or Brass may not be quite ready

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I'm a fan of brassards but unless he's suffering from some kind of head injury he needs to play sunday

corduroyg

Apr 10, 2012
nyc
he practiced and skated with his line yesterday, he must have had a setback today. or maybe he was ready and with a 2-0 cushion they felt they could afford to give him a couple more days. we need him sunday or else we're looking at jt miller since carcillo will probably be suspended.

corduroyg

Apr 10, 2012
nyc
if he was ready to go tonite and they sat him cause we were up 2-0 that was a huge mistake. cant play it safe in the playoffs, every game is enormous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad