Injury Report: So What's With Brassard? (Day-to-day)

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
In lieu of an actual diagnosis, the assumption would be his back, yes?

educated guess is a flexing of the lower back when he was hit in the side that made his upper body rotate before the lower body, that caused a muscle strain.

That or his shoulder got banged up, it doesnt have to take a lot of force, even if the hit looks fair enough. It didnt look like he was bracing at all so the muscles were probably relaxed on impact, which is always unfortunate

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
Reports from the Ranger locker-room confirm that Brassard has suffered a groin concussion.

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
Posted this in the PGT.

Also, for those wondering about Brassard: Vigneault just said in his post game interview that he is "Day-to-day". Was a bit cheeky about it though, so not sure that means much of anything. Clearly didn't want to reveal much at all. Doesn't seem like it is either terrible news or really good news. Big loss if it lasts for more than a few games. :( Hope he can make it back quickly.

Edit: Well just saw jas scooped me. Anyway, hope he heals quickly.

surGeon

Mar 4, 2011
AV isn't going to say anything. He always plays it close to the chest.

He is definitely injured. Hopefully he'll be back soon.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
They are never going to say anything. Maybe he will play Monday maybe he won't. The only way to even slightly gauge this is based on how he is practicing.

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
They are never going to say anything. Maybe he will play Monday maybe he won't. The only way to even slightly gauge this is based on how he is practicing.

The scheduling in this series will actually possibly be helpful (I know, shocker) for this if it is anything at all serious enough to keep him out of a game(s) (let's hope not). If he misses Monday, next game won't be until Thursday, so he could have as many as about 5 days to recover and only miss a single game. Fingers crossed we don't even have to cross that bridge though.

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
Watching that hit again...puck is long gone when Brass is hit...should have been a penalty.

Disagree. Slow motion will make it look worse than it is. Weaver was finishing his check. Brassard needs to be smarter there and more aware of the situation. Great, clean hit. Unfortunate outcome for us though.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I think he will be fine. He didn't seem like he was in agony or anything on the bench.

Funny to think how much we care about Brassard being injured. He's had a real solid playoffs.

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Brassard spoke to media which is very good sign "nothing serious, im day to day, hopefully will play on monday" If it was serious he wouldnt have been able to speak to media. He said he didnt feel that he could help the team well enough, then joked clearly it didnt matter.

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
Brassard spoke to media which is very good sign "nothing serious, im day to day, hopefully will play on monday" If it was serious he wouldnt have been able to speak to media. He said he didnt feel that he could help the team well enough, then joked clearly it didnt matter.

“@PLeonardNYDN: Brassard did say "it's nothing serious"â€

Sounds like hopefully some very good news.

AHB*

Sounds like hopefully some very good news.

They wouldn't have even had him interview if it was serious, imo. Seems day to day.

Worst case scenario, he sits for Game 2 on Monday and gets basically 5 full days off (including rest of today).

Was most worried about it being a concussion.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
“@PLeonardNYDN: Brassard did say "it's nothing serious"â€

Thank GOD. I cringed when I saw the hit knowing he's had multiple surgeries on both shoulders. Honestly, whoever did those surgeries must've done an amazing job because the kid was pretty injury prone back in the day and hasn't been since the last surgery.

Great news. We need him. I would cringe if we had to rely on Miller.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad