Injury Report: So What's With Brassard? (Day-to-day)

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Brassard had a minor back issue before the Flyers series and he didn't miss any games. Brett Crygalis of the Post reported it was the same back issue with Brassard but it looked like his right shoulder or neck. Ramsey was massaging the neck and shoulder area. It didn't look like his shoulder was injured. He looked fine during the interview after the game. The shoulder wasn't hanging or he was wearing a sling.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
sounds like a stinger and it was just too painful or zapped him of his strength and mobility enough yesterday to be effective. he said he didnt return because he didnt think he'd be good enough to help the team.

NYRCSKA*

I bet it was a stinger as well. I had a couple playing college hockey. It can knock you out for a game or 2 depending on how it's zapping you. It's not necessarily super painful, but it can be hard to move certain parts of your body just because your nerves are firing wrong.

MSD

Jan 1, 2014
He's a tough kid he'll be back. Smart to rest him when you are routing the HABS anyway.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
He's a tough kid he'll be back. Smart to rest him when you are routing the HABS anyway.

He didn't play after his 1st or 2nd shift, it was a 2-1 game for 39 minutes. I don't know if we rested him while routing the Habs, that's not a precise characterization of what happened. He was injured and sat out during a close game that ended up being a rout.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I wonder if they were evaluating him and after period one they were like "well we've got a two goal lead. I think we can be more cautious with this." And after period two, they were like "we're up three, ****, let's just sit him for the game. he'll be good as new" and 5 minutes into the third they were all like "lolz, this sauna feels great"

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York

kinda a blind side hit, but only kinda because Brassard was watching his pass.

Definitely dirty. He wasn't admiring the pass so much as he was just following the play. Puck goes to his right, he's gonna look right. Common sense. MTL forward is a moron.

nasmis

Feb 1, 2011
I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a bruised or fractured rib. Then he could easily be out for multiple weeks.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
That wasn't a late hit good lord. The hit was in the flow of play it was about a second after he passed the puck. If that's a late hit then 3/4's of the hits in the playoffs are late. Brassard should have kept his head up, then he could have easily braced himself.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Clean hard hockey play.

looked like he wrenched his back a bit as he was not holding anyting after getting to his knees.

Hope he's been on the trainers table for a few hours each day to work that out.

Should be good to go

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
That wasn't a late hit good lord. The hit was in the flow of play it was about a second after he passed the puck. If that's a late hit then 3/4's of the hits in the playoffs are late. Brassard should have kept his head up, then he could have easily braced himself.

This. And every hit from the side is not a blindside hit.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
The jokes are hilarious. +A material people. (I didn't edit the forward part in the original post woopdy doo!)

Or the guy could simply respect the fact that he didn't need to hit a guy who moved the puck much less even looking in his direction.

But clearly there's no debate here at all. Thank you to all the sarcasm experts.

Elvis Presley

Aka #30
Apr 14, 2009
brooklyn
The jokes are hilarious. +A material people. (I didn't edit the forward part in the original post woopdy doo!)

Or the guy could simply respect the fact that he didn't need to hit a guy who moved the puck much less even looking in his direction.

But clearly there's no debate here at all. Thank you to all the sarcasm experts.

it was a split second. The hit was already in motion. It did not target the head. As the others said, not every hit from the side is an illegal 'blind side' hit.

Not dirty at all.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Im supposed to respect the "fact" that NHL players shouldn't hit players that are admiring their pass? Lol...ok.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad