Injury Report: So What's With Brassard? (Day-to-day)

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
if he was ready to go tonite and they sat him cause we were up 2-0 that was a huge mistake. cant play it safe in the playoffs, every game is enormous.

This. Coyle played with two separated shoulders. There's no way MCD was 100% at the start of the playoffs. You have to leave it all on the ice this time of year.

bosco027

May 9, 2014
This. Coyle played with two separated shoulders. There's no way MCD was 100% at the start of the playoffs. You have to leave it all on the ice this time of year.

Really hoping that this wasn't the case as you originally quoted. Brass coming back would be a huge boost and give us some balance in our lines. Turn the page and back to business as usual on sunday

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
I SAID EVOLVE DAMN IT!

Someone get him a healing potion and throw him into battle.

Last edited:

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
We could use the boost in game 4. Put the Poo-Brass-Zucc line back together.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess

Yes and Messier played his first finals (1984) with his arm tied down. It maybe the neck as well and then he wouldn't have a choice but to sit. He got leveled on that hit I felt it in Florida, who knows what was really hurt there.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
That makes no sense. You would prefer him to play with say 1 arm?

My point was that he participated in normal full practice before game 3 and he even stated "I feel better". I understand that it could be a serious shoulder issue but if that's the case would he go thru a full practice?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Zooks with Step and Kreider may have been our most dominant line all season not Pou-Brass-Zooks

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Zooks with Step and Kreider may have been our most dominant line all season not Pou-Brass-Zooks

The stats don't support that. Zuccarello spent ~16% of his time on a line with Step and Kreider, but only got ~10% of his points on it. Meanwhile he spent 26% on the Pouliot-Brass-Zucc line, but got ~32% of his points. And there are similiar drops for both Stepan and Kreider on your suggested line.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If it makes the difference, give Brass the night off to heal.

While we are at it, last night was certainly NOT king's fault. That said, thinking ahead to the finals, NOW is the time to throw Talbot a game so Hank is fully rested, no excuses.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

While we are at it, last night was certainly NOT king's fault. That said, thinking ahead to the finals, NOW is the time to throw Talbot a game so Hank is fully rested, no excuses.

Not sure if you'd want to do that to Hank.... He's in the zone, and he's also allowed to have a bad game here and there.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY

LOL, enough with this "start Talbot" BS. Barring any injury to Hank god forbid, Talbot isn't seeing the ice the rest of the way.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009

In the history of the NHL, has any team EVER 'thrown' their backup a game in the playoffs when their starter is playing just fine?

You give your team the best chance to win every single night. That means the King plays every time.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012

:help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
so... I guess its time to see if Brassard can be a top 6 center. I have said all along hes a #3, people have said hes top 6 potentially. I hope to be wrong our playoff hopes could now come down to him proving me or others right

qwertyaas

LGR@
Feb 19, 2008
New York
so... I guess its time to see if Brassard can be a top 6 center. I have said all along hes a #3, people have said hes top 6 potentially. I hope to be wrong our playoff hopes could now come down to him proving me or others right

He'll be slotting in with Zuc and Poo regardless so what does it matter what 'line' he is? Rangers play their top 3 lines pretty evenly.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Brassard's return is no longer a luxury, but rather a necessity for this team.

Agreed. I'm really hoping that getting game 3 off was a case of the coaching staff thinking he was on the edge of being able to return and deciding that with a 2-0 series lead coming home it was more beneficial to get him the extra 3 days rest and make sure he would be 100% for the rest of the POs than putting him back in as soon as possible. Does us no good if he comes in, plays 2 shifts and then is out until September.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad