Injury Report: So What's With Brassard? (Day-to-day)

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
The jokes are hilarious. +A material people. (I didn't edit the forward part in the original post woopdy doo!)

Or the guy could simply respect the fact that he didn't need to hit a guy who moved the puck much less even looking in his direction.

But clearly there's no debate here at all. Thank you to all the sarcasm experts.

If Brassard (or any Ranger) had made that exact same hit on a Canadian, you would be defending the hit.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
What does Therrien think of the hit after two days of evaluation? Weaver could have held up on he hit, looked like he intended to hurt Brass. We should also cry about the cheap hit Patches threw on McD a year or two ago. Oh wait, hits the Habs dish out are ok, just not what hey receive. Give me a break.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
It was late and cheap. But not dirty or particularly dangerous. To be expected in the playoffs. I think Brassard had a pre-existing injury and this hit aggravated it. Mainly bad luck.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Not late or cheap. typical hit. dont be habs fans please

well not all habs fans a lot of them are pretty cool

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
It was late and cheap. But not dirty or particularly dangerous. To be expected in the playoffs. I think Brassard had a pre-existing injury and this hit aggravated it. Mainly bad luck.

Wasn't late at all. The hit happened the very second the other player touched the puck (which is about where you draw the line from late to not late). It was the definition of linestepping, but did not cross it at all. So the hit was entirely clean. Was a beautiful hit.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
The Lat across the back can affect arm and shoulder movements as well as a back pelvis. It's a big freaking muscle group. A severely strained lat can cause discomfort breathing, trouble skating, trunk movements, etc. Similar to a rib strain if anyone has had one of those.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
We need to make quick work of the Habs and get him rested for the finals. We need a functioning Brass-Zucc-Poo line to win the cup.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Weaver with another dirty play last night with the slew foot on MSL. After the play, right in front of the refs, nothing called. His hit that injured Brassard was late. Someone, if given the chance, needs to cleanly plaster his ass. Same with Gallagher. I saw some opportunities to finish checks on those players that were passed up on. I'm not for going out of the way to try and punish these guys, but it bothers me to see guys pass up chances to throw a hit and finish a check.

I'm beyond psyched to be up 2-0, so don't take this as whining or hating on the team, just being honest about what I see.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Weaver with another dirty play last night with the slew foot on MSL. After the play, right in front of the refs, nothing called. His hit that injured Brassard was late. Someone, if given the chance, needs to cleanly plaster his ass. Same with Gallagher. I saw some opportunities to finish checks on those players that were passed up on. I'm not for going out of the way to try and punish these guys, but it bothers me to see guys pass up chances to throw a hit and finish a check.

I'm beyond psyched to be up 2-0, so don't take this as whining or hating on the team, just being honest about what I see.

How was the Brass hit late? Again, the hit came just as the next Ranger touched the puck. It was a fine hit.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
How was the Brass hit late? Again, the hit came just as the next Ranger touched the puck. It was a fine hit.

It was the flow of play and a shoulder to shoulder hit. It was Brassard's fault. If he had his head up he doesn't miss a game. Complaining about it is no different than the people saying what Kreider did was dirty, it wasn't.

If you asked him I guarantee he says the same.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Wasn't late at all. The hit happened the very second the other player touched the puck (which is about where you draw the line from late to not late). It was the definition of linestepping, but did not cross it at all. So the hit was entirely clean. Was a beautiful hit.

not to mention the closeness between Brassard and the guy he was passing to.15 feet? MAYBE

I would hope my team doesn't hold up there. I would hope my team finishes each and every check in that same situation.

Clean hit.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest

It was the flow of play and a shoulder to shoulder hit. It was Brassard's fault. If he had his head up he doesn't miss a game. Complaining about it is no different than the people saying what Kreider did was dirty, it wasn't.

If you asked him I guarantee he says the same.

not to mention the closeness between Brassard and the guy he was passing to.15 feet? MAYBE

I would hope my team doesn't hold up there. I would hope my team finishes each and every check in that same situation.

Clean hit.

Listen, obviously we disagree as to the cleanliness of the hit. Did I call it dirty? No, but it sure as hell wasn't clean. It was late in my opinion. The puck was very clearly not in Brassard's possession anymore, and Weaver had more than enough time to let up a bit. That's my opinion, and obviously we differ in that.

However, what we should agree on was that Weaver's slew foot on St. Louis was extremely dirty. After the play, braces MSL's upper body, then kicks his legs out. Extremely dangerous and very dirty. I have no idea how that wasn't called.

Gallagher also tried to James Neal Kreider last night when Kreider slipped and fell near the boards. I'm not advocating an eye for an eye, but it would be nice to see us finish our checks a little more. Yes, it's nitpicking when we're up 2-0, but finishing our checks is not going to change the way we play, especially if you're not going out of your way to do it.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The puck doesn't have to be in his possession. There is a bit of leeway officials have always given. You normally have until the person you passed to touches the puck. The hit came at the EXACT time the guy was getting to touch the puck.

Hit was clean and not late. This isn't really my opinion, either. It's based on the way the game has been called since the lockout.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I'm not trying to get into an argument, but where has it ever been referenced that you have until the recipient of the pass takes possession to hit the passer? I'm not doubting you, I'm just genuinely curious. I always thought that the player throwing the hit had some leeway because, at a certain point, they become committed to the hit and can't reasonably be expected to change course. I didn't think Weaver had reached that point and could have let up or changed course. Again, just my opinion. If there's some kind of evidence to the contrary, then I will freely admit to being wrong.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Listen, obviously we disagree as to the cleanliness of the hit. Did I call it dirty? No, but it sure as hell wasn't clean. It was late in my opinion. The puck was very clearly not in Brassard's possession anymore, and Weaver had more than enough time to let up a bit. That's my opinion, and obviously we differ in that.

However, what we should agree on was that Weaver's slew foot on St. Louis was extremely dirty. After the play, braces MSL's upper body, then kicks his legs out. Extremely dangerous and very dirty. I have no idea how that wasn't called.

Gallagher also tried to James Neal Kreider last night when Kreider slipped and fell near the boards. I'm not advocating an eye for an eye, but it would be nice to see us finish our checks a little more. Yes, it's nitpicking when we're up 2-0, but finishing our checks is not going to change the way we play, especially if you're not going out of your way to do it.

I am not opining about slew foot's I missed that. I know players that have lost an eye after being slew footed, I hate the practice.

That said,
The fact Weaver went shoulder to shoulder with Brassard, he could really have buried him worse in my opinion if he desired, was fine. Not only that you can barely count a second where he passed it off and within the flow of play was hit. How is that late? How is that different than the 50 other hits per game in the playoffs that are called similarly? Is it just a Ranger got injured? I am legit asking.

The fact you expect an opponent to let up during a playoff game is in itself kind of insulting. Yeah I guess we agree to disagree.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Im thinking hell be back by Game 4 which will give him a full week +1 to heal up - if it is indeed a day to day injury.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Can't find a link, but I believe that AV was quoted as saying if he were a betting man, he thinks Brassard will play Game 3.

The extra day off helps, it'll be 5.5 days since skating off the ice. Obviously nothing broken or torn, so hoping it's not a serious shoulder strain. But obviously the guy is going to play through the pain, I just hope he's effective when he comes back

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
2 days off in between games. Should be good by game 3 imo. I think he would've played last game if it was an elimination game. He said after game 1 that he didn't wan a push it to come back in that one because he didn't think he could help the team win. I think after 4 days rest he should be fine enough to play.

AHB*

The hit was as dirty as Kreider on Price. AKA, it wasn't. Hope he's back Thursday, if not rest him for a full week and get him back for Sunday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad