So... Let's talk Konecny

Status
Not open for further replies.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I go by actually looking at his on ice play which isn't great.

I call BS because I can't think of a single time anyone has ever said Wayne didn't look good on the PK. He's been one of the team's most effective PK forwards whenever he's been used in that role.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I call BS because I can't think of a single time anyone has ever said Wayne didn't look good on the PK. He's been one of the team's most effective PK forwards whenever he's been used in that role.

Right.....

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Right.....

For 2016-17 and 2017-18 Simmonds was the team's second-most effective forward at goal prevention on the PK, behind only Matt Read, who played many fewer games than Simmonds. His GAA on ice at 4v5 is significantly better than say, Sean Couturier.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
For 2016-17 and 2017-18 Simmonds was the team's second-most effective forward at goal prevention on the PK, behind only Matt Read, who played many fewer games than Simmonds. His GAA on ice at 4v5 is significantly better than say, Sean Couturier.

If you're using the numbers as a your arguing point and they said Simmonds is a better PKer than Couturier than the analysis of those statistics isn't very good.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Some day he'll wake up and realize he's being paid to shoot the puck, and that we already have Giroux on the roster.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
He isn’t really being paid too much to shoot the puck. Maybe that’s why he doesn’t do it as much as you like.

Maybe he should play his game. Every player can afford to shoot more usually but it’s about opportunity

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Some day he'll wake up and realize he's being paid to shoot the puck, and that we already have Giroux on the roster.

Tbf to him at 5v5 since he entered the NHL he has:

8.71 Shots/60 (1st on Flyers, Patrick is 2nd at 7.28)
14.34 iCorsi/60 (2nd on Flyers... to Gudas)

His SF/60 is in the ~86th centile amongst NHL forwards.
His iCF/60 is in the ~80th centile amongst NHL forwards.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He's the only forward on this team with a plus shot other than Giroux, and Giroux is the best passer on the team.
Laughton can shoot at times, but not consistently, Voracek takes the shotgun approach (shots scattered across the target), Simmonds is close in, JVR has yet to show sniper skills, and the rest ???

TK simply isn't greedy enough, someone has to tell him goals = More Money.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He shoots, but can shoot more, do you watch the games?
TK is too unselfish, he passes up good shots to make tough passes through traffic.
It's rare that you want a player to be selfish, but in this case it's for the good of the team.

Reactions: Travat

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
He shoots, but can shoot more, do you watch the games?
TK is too unselfish, he passes up good shots to make tough passes through traffic.
It's rare that you want a player to be selfish, but in this case it's for the good of the team.
Lol yes I watch the games smart ass but do you just cherry pick whatever the hell you want to try to make a sound argument. It’s not working. You were proven wrong, just say you were wrong and move the f*** on. You continue to just bury yourself

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Lol yes I watch the games smart ass but do you just cherry pick whatever the hell you want to try to make a sound argument. It’s not working. You were proven wrong, just say you were wrong and move the **** on. You continue to just bury yourself
Reminder of the Konecny delusions:

cpuAtzz.png

Reactions: Defect and Rebels57

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Reminder of the Konecny delusions:

cpuAtzz.png

So? TK wasn't a very good player at the time, out of control, cherry picking.
Playing in a checking role helped his game, he became more of a complete player.

Nor did he suddenly become a 1st line caliber player playing with Couts and G, he had an unsustainable 18% SH% the second half and was still inconsistent defensively and tried too many risky cross ice passes that were intercepted.

He's a much better player this year, forechecks more aggressively, backchecks more consistently, is more aware on the ice, picks his spots instead of forcing play.

Striiker thinks that scoring is all there is to playing forward, but what do you expect from a 12 year old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad